• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And Austria joins the fray.

Nonetheless we must not falter. Onward to Marxist Paradise!

I should warn - I haven't played any more then what we have at this point. The prospect of losing all of Mainland Europe doesn't seem very appealing. But I'm now building the courage for one of those "Horrible Defeat AARs".

And have no doubt - with the Germans still armyless, and most of the French Army in Lithuania, all of Europe is going to fall. :(

OnwAARds Britain!

A Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg 1.0 AAR.

Part XXVII - Rising to the challenge

The situation is dire, and no Free Man can escape his Historic Duty.
Forces from the German Worker's States are put into direct British and French control for better coordination. It's no time for pety nationalisms.

Steps are quite literaly taken to respond to the Austrian menace, as all but the essencial British troops are ordered away from the frozen Eastern Front, marching to South and West. Our French comrades are tasked with most of the burden against the Keizer's pets.

Also in the Seas, a shift in strategy is called for. The Mediterranean is now even more of a battlefield, and the just-arrived Hammer Fleet has it's leave cut short, beeing sent at once to Naples.

To compensate, the Worker's Pride is brought closer to the Home Isles.

Reacting quickly, as not to let the Prision of Nations think it got us by surprise, we strike back as soon as the 3rd. General Hobart becomes famous as the first to defeat the Austrians.

The 1st Armoured Division earns it's nickname, as it consolidates the first territory liberated from Habsburg rule.

This first victory is quickly exploited, and a second victory follows.

Some defeats are felt aswell...

In the Eastern Front, the brave French soldiers prove themselfs trustworthy, and under inspired leadership manage to split the enemy and push all the way to the Russian border.

"From Lisbon to Polotsk" becomes a common song in the trenches, but the typical British spirit in the face of adversity doesn't hide the fact: this is only the begining, and many men must still die before it's all over...

Huzzah! I love this AAR.

Glad to see this back. I was so bored without it that I started my own, slightly differen Britain AAR. :D

Thanks lads. Finaly got the willpower to pick up the game again, now I'm actualy looking forward to facing Austria (although I started the campaign thinking it would be fun to play a Left Wing naval power... that sure backfired)

Since when did "slightly diferent" become an euphemism for "several magnitudes better" though? :confused:

th3freakie said:
Thanks lads. Finaly got the willpower to pick up the game again, now I'm actualy looking forward to facing Austria (although I started the campaign thinking it would be fun to play a Left Wing naval power... that sure backfired)

Since when did "slightly diferent" become an euphemism for "several magnitudes better" though? :confused:

slightly different as in my Britain would be your Britain's worst nightmare and vice versa. Thanks btw.

Nice to see this back! I will be following, too.

I have to say, the Naval aspect seems secondary now that you're so involved on land.

Too bad.

OnwAARds Britain!

A Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg 1.0 AAR.

Part XXVIII - The 2nd of the Third.

London, May 1st 1941. Oswald Mosley is radiant, as he greats representations from the Progressive Nations of the World to the 2nd Congress of the Third International. He feels the Eyes of the Planet on him, and he likes it.

After adressing every delegation, with special emphasis on the German States, and not forgetting the Indian brothers suffering under Pricely Federation opression, the Chairman of the British Trade Union Congress procedes to transmit the progress of The War.

With a speech writen with obvious help of his Poet Foreign Minister, he tells of the Heroic Defense of Liberec...

...of the Twin Offensives of Lubin and Zamosc, "saving Warsaw a second time"...

...of the Vistula Push...

...some success in the forgoten Eastern Front...

...and he even talks emotionally of the first big Naval defeat, where the sailors of the RNS Liliburne prefered to scuttle their own ship then have it sunk by Imperialist guns.

But the most grandious and dramatic part of the speech is reserved for the Liberation of Prague! It was hard to tell who was enjoying the speech the most, Oswald or the delegates, as Mosley told how the battle started against an encircled Prague...

...and soon after was beeing fought and won, defending a besieged Free Prague!

The speach did it's Magic, and Oswald got his apotheotic ovation. The first part of his partnership with Niclas y Glais had worked, but now came the crucial point of all their effort: consolidating British leadership of the Third International and formalizing new memberships, in the form of military allies against the Agressors.

Comrade Oswald wasn't happy. He was de facto leader of the Free World, but at a cost of facing all of the Old World in a all-out War, and one that even the rest of the similar-minded leaders he met didn't think he'd win. The future of the Worker's Movement was never safe it seemed, no matter how many armies and Emperors one defeats.

Last edited:
No worries! Even though the Old World controls vast areas around the Eurasia, Africa and America it is still far weaker, for it doesn't have nearly enough manpower or production capability to stand a chance against you in the long run.

I don't like all those white-red-whites and all those Galician lions on blue.

What are they doing fighting for the Kaiser anyway?

RGB said:
What are they doing fighting for the Kaiser anyway?
Suffering major defeats, until the French AI went bananas again :mad: