• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HannibalBarca said:
Well, the book was published in 2003...
And the first time I ever saw Borat was on a TV show back in 2000. :p

El Pip said:
And the first time I ever saw Borat was on a TV show back in 2000. :p
That can be debated however since Borat didn't reach widespread fame until a year before the movie.

Dysken said:
That can be debated however since Borat didn't reach widespread fame until a year before the movie.
All the better, 'get inspired' by something fairly obscure. ;)

In any case, the book was your inspiration so re-read your muse and get writing the next excellent update. :D

"Fighting in Romanian Army is like being in Romanian restaurant-Most are being dead of cholera." -Motto of Romanian Second Division

Chapter of WAR WITH FILTHY TURK!

As old president has once again being dead, at hands of filthy gypsies, gypsy quota for month is doubled. Great success! Most successful gypsy catcher made new president. In addition, quota for Austrians, Turk and Ivans, along with Chinese and Argentinians, doubled. Many gypsies dressed in silk robes and sombreros to make up for lack of latter two.

Romania is like this looking. New Supreme Gypsy Catcher/President is deciding that drastic steps are needing to be taken. Factories cannot be making goods without resources, and Romania is not having this. Therefore, Romania is needing to be TAKING these resources! But, since Romania is controlled by filthy Turks in Istanbul, we cannot be declaring war. This, we will be fixing!

Gypsy Catcher/President is now being leading 180,000 of Romania's finest troops into very heart of filthy Turks. Objective is being to conquer Istanbul and be retaking Constanta, land where many Romanians live and are suffering under rule of Turk. Great success we are being having!

Constantinople has fallen, and now filthy Turk will be making peace. Yes?

Not exactly. In fact, Turk taking vacation of Romanian countryside. But, like all tourist trips to Romania, this one will end in disaster! However, in middle of Turkish tourist trip, great Gypsy Catching President bravely died while defending capital. However, he became Zombie President, too engrossed in the war to pass the save on to Dysken! Long live Undead President!

Soon, Turk is trapped in Bessarabia, from which there will be no escaping. With war almost certainly won, Undead Gypsy Catcher/President finally decides to recede from realm of living. First Church of Romania canonizes him as St. Zombie the Gypsy Catcher IX.

But, like all tourist trips to Romania, this one will end in disaster!

:rofl:
Brilliant.

Utterly Hilarious.

I can't wait for you to take on the Austrians

Dysken said:
"Why did Polack cross road? - To avoid Russian draft!" - Moldavian Humor

While not a fan of the Borat-like drama...this is a joke that got me rolling! I may have to use it sometime...properly...and appropriately...somewhere...

TheExecuter

TheExecuter said:
While not a fan of the Borat-like drama...this is a joke that got me rolling! I may have to use it sometime...properly...and appropriately...somewhere...

TheExecuter

When that time comes. You have to tell me. :)

"A Bavarian is halfway between an Austrian and a human being. A Romanian is halfway between... nevermind." - Bismarck on Romanians, he proceeded to stare blankly out of a window.

In 1878 we have filthy Turk on the run. Sadly he running direct into Bucharest. Brave Romanian soldiers follow bravely in footsteps of Filthy Turk. Great battle is fought on streets of Bucharest between Romanian 1st Army & Streetsweeper legion and Turkish army over looting rights of Bucharest. Romanians win great victory and sack Presidential Palace. Great Vice President die heroic death hiding in cleaning cupboard.

New President is man man who helped put Romania on the map, literally. He helped professors and clergy place where Romania is on big map, greatest mind must rule greatest nation!

In end peace declared for Constanta - part of glorious Romania Homeland. As well as Sofija, part of Asscrack of Europe - Bulgaria. Great war cost over 300.000 Romanian lives (2/3rds in afterparty) for almost half the amount of Filthy Turks. Great Success! Romania is now free from foreign oppression and freedom celebration help tie together New year, Easter, Sneaky day and Donkey day.

In 1880 traditional celebration carry over into Serbia. Serbia surrender next day. Romania has learned from years under foreign occupation a lot. Now we know how to subjugate serbians.

aar12.jpg

In 1881 great bowel uprising occur in Presidential Palace. Less said, more better.

Moldavia was the principality that took the initiative to form Romania, together with Wallachia. The latter, with its capital of Bucharest, ruined that idea and now you mock us? Mock the Wallachians, instead. Antonescu was Wallachian and the movie of Borat was filmed, I believe, in Wallachia.

Some brief facts about Moldavia: It is believed to have made the world's first protectative law against animual abuse. Penetrators were punished in lashes. In the 15th century, Stephen the Great, cousin of Vlad Dracula, defeated all his neighbors, over and over again. First, he started with his cousin by conquering Chilia; then the Hungarians were defeated at Battle of Baia, with their king, Matthias (who was partially Romanian) wounded thrice by arrows; the Crimean Khanate followed, where the son of its chief was mutilated; then the Ottomans followed: in 1475, at the Battle of Vaslui, Stephen won his greatest victory over a 120,000-strong Ottoman army--one of the greatest victories ever won over the Ottomans (according to Mara, wife of Murad II and Polish chronicler Jan Dlugosz). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

In 1476, Moldavia was invaded by the Ottoman Empire, Wallachia, and the Crimean Khanate. The invasion force was around 210,000 and was personally led by Mehmed II, the conqueror of Constantinople. The enemy was repelled and was forced to retreat. When the Polish invaded, Stephen defeated them at the Battle of the Cosmin Forrest and invaded Galicia, where he enslaved more than 100,000 Poles. While he besieged Krakow, the then-capital of Poland, he agreed to conclude peace in return for Pokutia. Eventually, the country grew weak and many of its principal cities were destroyed and the population slaughtered.

Prince Cantemir was a historian, philosopher and composer. His son would become the first poet of Russia and a good friend of Voltaire. Nicolae Milescu was one of the first European explorers to explore China. Composer Ciprian Porumbescu composed the music used for two national songs of Romania, and also for the present national song of Albania and Israel. George Enescu was another prominent composer. George Palade was awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering the structure and function of organelles in biological cells.

That's what I could think of, while writing this, but be certain that we have more to share, just like many other countries do. I'm sorry if I ruined your fun, but I just think it would be more fair if you guys would take to make jokes on Muntenia (Wallachia). I suggest we close this thread and open a new one on Wallachia. I promise to contribute with contemporary sources from the 19th century and older, that describe the Wallachians very well. As a hint, the English gazzete, Saturday Magazine, 1841, referred to the Wallachians as "fat and lazy" whereas the Russians argued to the European powers (GB and France) that they should not consider Wallachians as a civilized race. They said nothing about Moldavia, though. ;)

This AAR was not meant to make fun of Moldavia, or Eastern Europe as stated in the first post and then throughout.
It is purely in jest of the perception of some idiots in the west who think people in the east are like this. If you take this seriously or take offence to it, I'm sorry but that's your own problem and not that of an attempt at non-specific and jocular comedy in an online forum.

Moldavia said:
Moldavia was the principality that took the initiative to form Romania, together with Wallachia. The latter, with its capital of Bucharest, ruined that idea and now you mock us? Mock the Wallachians, instead. Antonescu was Wallachian and the movie of Borat was filmed, I believe, in Wallachia.

Some brief facts about Moldavia: It is believed to have made the world's first protectative law against animual abuse. Penetrators were punished in lashes. In the 15th century, Stephen the Great, cousin of Vlad Dracula, defeated all his neighbors, over and over again. First, he started with his cousin by conquering Chilia; then the Hungarians were defeated at Battle of Baia, with their king, Matthias (who was partially Romanian) wounded thrice by arrows; the Crimean Khanate followed, where the son of its chief was mutilated; then the Ottomans followed: in 1475, at the Battle of Vaslui, Stephen won his greatest victory over a 120,000-strong Ottoman army--one of the greatest victories ever won over the Ottomans (according to Mara, wife of Murad II and Polish chronicler Jan Dlugosz). See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

In 1476, Moldavia was invaded by the Ottoman Empire, Wallachia, and the Crimean Khanate. The invasion force was around 210,000 and was personally led by Mehmed II, the conqueror of Constantinople. The enemy was repelled and was forced to retreat. When the Polish invaded, Stephen defeated them at the Battle of the Cosmin Forrest and invaded Galicia, where he enslaved more than 100,000 Poles. While he besieged Krakow, the then-capital of Poland, he agreed to conclude peace in return for Pokutia. Eventually, the country grew weak and many of its principal cities were destroyed and the population slaughtered.

Prince Cantemir was a historian, philosopher and composer. His son would become the first poet of Russia and a good friend of Voltaire. Nicolae Milescu was one of the first European explorers to explore China. Composer Ciprian Porumbescu composed the music used for two national songs of Romania, and also for the present national song of Albania and Israel. George Enescu was another prominent composer. George Palade was awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering the structure and function of organelles in biological cells.

That's what I could think of, while writing this, but be certain that we have more to share, just like many other countries do. I'm sorry if I ruined your fun, but I just think it would be more fair if you guys would take to make jokes on Muntenia (Wallachia). I suggest we close this thread and open a new one on Wallachia. I promise to contribute with contemporary sources from the 19th century and older, that describe the Wallachians very well. As a hint, the English gazzete, Saturday Magazine, 1841, referred to the Wallachians as "fat and lazy" whereas the Russians argued to the European powers (GB and France) that they should not consider Wallachians as a civilized race. They said nothing about Moldavia, though. ;)

sorry mate, but your post is just plain stupid please keep your nationalism for yourself. after what you write, i can see that you feel provoked by this aar. well its ok, its a joke. Dysken and Hannibalbarca aint even claiming that what they write is true, and the whole idea with this aar is that it is a joke.

and btw, its pretty lame telling them to mock Wallachia, just because you are a Moldavian(?) if you want to make a joke/fun aar on Wallachia, go write one yourself, i will certainly subscribe

HannibalBarca said:
I'll talk to Dysken when I get a chance.

I wouldn't mind having another go with Romania, though i totally pointlessly destroyed the country in my presidency :D

Moldavia said:
They said nothing about Moldavia, though. ;)

I don't think there was a need to mention it. It's people like you who give Moldavia a bad name.