• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just read the prologue and I like it. It sets up everything to come. Or at least I hope it does. Godfried the younger with his deformities, with the "wolves" that will prey upon his lands.

Oh, and aren't you glad I tagged along :D

Enewald said:
And Lotharingum just grows. Nice map. Hehe. Somebody said that allready, I know. :D
Ah, thank you. And indeed, it is growing, and there is more growing to be done.
Auray said:
Oh, no. I have been a away from these forums couple weeks and again I am four chapter behind... I have to catch up.
Haha, better get to work then! :D;) Hope you'll like'em.
General_BT said:
That was almost Byzantine, what Coenrad and Dietrich agreed to... nice way of solving affairs. As for Eudes - why make a fuss over a county or two when you gain a crown in return?

And I'd like to echo everyone else's sentiments - you, sir, have a talent for cartography. :)
Oh, in the end he'll wish he had made a fuss over it... And thank you very much, I try to improve. :D
comagoosie said:
I just read the prologue and I like it. It sets up everything to come. Or at least I hope it does. Godfried the younger with his deformities, with the "wolves" that will prey upon his lands.

Oh, and aren't you glad I tagged along :D
Ah, there you are! I knew you'd show up sooner or later. :p;) Feel free to comment as you catch up.

Well written and beautiful maps. :)

Zanza said:
Well written and beautiful maps. :)
Why, thank you! :D

I think it's time to give y'all an update on the status of this. As you can noticed it hasn't been updated in a while, and there is a simple reason behind it -- school's started. I'm now in the last year of high school, and since I go to the International Baccalaureate I've also got a tonne of important essays and my exams in May to worry about.

Needless to say, the tempo -- which was significantly raised by me having a lot of spare time during the summer -- will sink dramatically. Updates will be sporadic, and there might be long periods when nothing is written at all. But this one will not be abandoned without computer crashes or the likes of them, that I say with conviction.

Missed a couple of great updates, but I'm back ;) Those were excellent "war" chapters :p Now Dietrich has a stronger position, but it's still left to see who war goes for Guntram in Holy Land. Great map!:D

Well, Mr. Snugglie, it's about time I read your AAR.

I really like the premise of your story: the Resurrection of Lotharingia. I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. My mistake.

I've read your first three chapters so far, and I dare say I am impressed. Your portrayal of Godfrey the Hunchback is excellent, and I love his wife Camila's commentary on his reign.

So great job!

I will continue to comment as I continue to read, an experience I am heartily looking forward to. :D

Capibara said:
Missed a couple of great updates, but I'm back ;) Those were excellent "war" chapters :p Now Dietrich has a stronger position, but it's still left to see who war goes for Guntram in Holy Land. Great map!:D
Ah, Guntram, yes. He's in for a ride. Nice to have you back here, hopefully I am soon as well. :D
AlexanderPrimus said:
Well, Mr. Snugglie, it's about time I read your AAR.

I really like the premise of your story: the Resurrection of Lotharingia. I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. My mistake.

I've read your first three chapters so far, and I dare say I am impressed. Your portrayal of Godfrey the Hunchback is excellent, and I love his wife Camila's commentary on his reign.

So great job!

I will continue to comment as I continue to read, an experience I am heartily looking forward to. :D
Alexander! Nice to have you here, glad you enjoy it. Had I the time, I'd get around to read yours as well -- I'll have that as a project for my gap year. :D

Hope you'll enjoy the following chapters as well, feel free to comment and/or critique as often as you feel like. If not else, our post counts will be happy. ;)

I have now read the four last chapters. You have kept the quality as high it was in the beginning. Glorious! :) Very often when interest drops, writing quality will drop also. Which causes that the text starts to be messy and you spent less and less time to write it. Luckily in your case that has not happened. It's like reading a book. :p

Snugglie said:
Nice to have you back here, hopefully I am soon as well. :D

I'm glad of being back too, these chapters were great. I'll take your word you be back soon :D:p

My my...

That Teutonic civil war was most interesting. A troublesome enemy is vassalized, and a nefarious assassin somehow becomes spymaster.

Most interesting indeed. As you can probably tell, I have just completed chapter 12.

Really good so far, I'm quite excited to read the rest (and hope that you'll be able to read mine sometime soon as well :D).

I'm aware that this one is highly dormant and thus not likely to receive any awards in the ACA Q3 2008, but just in case someone actually thought of voting for it I'd like to announce that I am withdrawing from any competition in this Quarter. My level of activity has dropped to almost none lately, and thus there are many AAR's out there more worthy of recognition right now.

And of course, I would also like to ask you all to go vote for as many AAR's as possible -- it is a huge boost of morale to get an awAARd (speaking from experience after my great readers gave me one last Quarter ;)) -- so let your favourite authour know you like him!

Also, once agian an assurance: this one is not dead. It's just that schoolwork's eating me. I'll prevail eventually.

Squadala!

So, I ventured into the OT Forum museum thread a few days ago and saw the Thread Necromancy topic. Now, this AAR was one of my favorites when it was running and reading the Thread necromancy part over there on the OT made me remember this.

Now, is this one dead or merely dormant, Snugglie? I'd really like to read more about Lotharingia.

EDIT. As the title of your AAR says, if you continue, this would be kind of a resurrection.

So, I ventured into the OT Forum museum thread a few days ago and saw the Thread Necromancy topic. Now, this AAR was one of my favorites when it was running and reading the Thread necromancy part over there on the OT made me remember this.

Now, is this one dead or merely dormant, Snugglie? I'd really like to read more about Lotharingia.

EDIT. As the title of your AAR says, if you continue, this would be kind of a resurrection.

Well, guess an explanation is kind of in order.

I have considered it dormant all since I last wrote, by virtue of all the things I had to do by then. However, given the time that has passed since, I really feel rather disconnected to the whole story by now. To be honest, I am not even sure I have a functional save that enables me to continue the story. With these factors in mind, as well as a few others that have come along the past half year that have caused me to change my writing as well as my motivations when writing, I'm afraid I will have to declare this one dead. It's a pity really, because I enjoyed working with it; hoped to carry it on for quite some time; and really earned a whole lot more response than I expected.

So, guess this is the end of it then. But rest assured, I will advertise any upcoming project here for you to see. And thanks for the interest, Qorten. :)

'Tis all.

Ah, well, it was very good while it lasted. Perhaps we'll see something new from you here in AARland in the not too distant future.

Sad to see this one go. I rather liked it. But I can definately understand being distanced from the storyline after so long. Well, I shall simply have to check out your next work when the time comes. :cool:

I too was working under the assumption that it was only a matter of time before you picked this up again =(

I am sad I was wrong , but I am encouraged a little that you're coming back with another project .

I have definitely and thoroughly enjoyed your writing style , Snugglie , and I hope to see it continue to flourish . Godspeed !

Always nice with visitors to the grave, surely.

Indeed I have a few ideas, some which I've had for quite some time -- these are also part guilty in the demise of this one. I have a few ideas for CK, and a few more for EUIII, so I'll simply have to see where I pick it up. But rest assured, I will pick something up!

Personally, I vote for another CK AAR. But, rest assured, where ever you next venture, I'll be reading. :cool: