• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It can be balkanized into two parts, Sweden and Scania. And the Scanian independence movement has always consisted of the whiny and the pathetic.

Doh, I forgot that Aland isn't Swedish territory. Scania really isn't worth it.

Well I've just caught up with this once again and I gotta say, its been fun to have a read through. Nice that you've got Japan going Fascist! As the kid on the Simpsons goes: "AH-HA!"

Also that united Holland/Belgium looks a bit weird but otherwise, post-Soviet Europe is shaping up pretty damn well if I may say so.

Bad news about the Soviets sinking your fleet but hey, I guess they got in a last naval "hurrah" I suppose.

Anyway, keep up the updates!

Glad to hear from you. Yeah, looks like the Japanese are embracing Fordism. :( We'll deal with that after the reds are vanquished. I'm not taking mil control of the AI, so we'll see what, if anything, they can grab by themselves.

Its funny. I've killed so much more Russian stuff, but the loss of a single Flotilla is so irritating.

Batmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!! :cool:
3168423864_4e426816f9.jpg

In this scenario is their events that give you claims on all of US? Because I played for awhile and didnt get one.

In this scenario is their events that give you claims on all of US? Because I played for awhile and didnt get one.

Actually there are events for regaining cores on US states once they've all been conquered.

Operation MAGI

magi1.jpg

Operation Magi began in late August 1946. It started with two amphibious landings in Palestine. This was simultaneous with continued advance towards Baku in the North.

magi2.jpg

The beachheads were quickly reinforced.

magi3.jpg

We then start breaking out.

magi4.jpg

Field Marshal Montgomery assists Rommel in capturing the Suez Canal. Meanwhile, Patton kicks the Soviets out of Palestine and a Soviet division is encircled and destroyed in the Sinai.

magi5.jpg

We push into Jordan and Lebanon as the Soviets attempt to kick us out of Armenia. We are able to hold our ground, but the troops from the Caribbean take heavy casualties.

magi6.jpg

The United Nations continues its offensive. Giraud had the honor of liberating Damascus, capital of the former French colony of Syria. The post war status of the former colonies was still undetermined, but Giraud hoped that his victory in Syria would give France some more leverage in the post war administration of the former European colonies. The Soviet and French forces at Damascus were under the direct control of their respective heads of State, which lead to allusions of Saladin and Richard I. While talk of a "Red Saladin" was popular in the press, historians are hard pressed find any examples of chivalry in Vorishilov's conduct of the war.

magi7.jpg

I decide to test the effects of a strategic bombing campaign on Baku. Strategic bombers destroy the infrastructure of Azerbaijan before the strategic bombardment campaign. As a result, Baku's daily oil production falls from 128.35 to 6.22 oil a day.

magi8.jpg

I start a series of amphibious landings on the Arabian peninsula. These are followed up by reinforcements, which quickly break out from the beachheads.

Magi9.jpg

These are the front lines in late October 1946.​

Montgomery and Rommel taking Suez together? I think that you just broke the Forum's ironymeter.

Quick update for Fall 1946

australialiberated.jpg

I finally liberate Australia in August 1946.

damnsovietCAs.jpg

The Soviets have scores of CA fleets patrolling the Pacific. These always seem to close range and decimate my transport fleets. I lost another transport here and this slowed down operations. Now Nimitz has to baby sit the transports. I need to get another CTF into the pacific. That should happen pretty soon, because the Mediterranean is now an American lake.

pacificoct1946.jpg

This is the south pacific in October 1946. Southern Cross is mostly complete. Japan managed to take the Kuriles back in the meantime.​

Last edited:
Will you attempt to go for Formosa or jump to Malaya already?

Hurray for Rommel and Monty, and hurray for free Australia! Great work also by the USMC and the United States Army in nearly liberating the entire Middle east, as well as the south pacific.

I hope I am not jumping the gun here, but what are you thinking of doing with the middle east post war? Will it go back under colonial administration or will you release the areas revolter states? If so, which ones?

So you've got Baku, the Persian oil, The Saudi oil, the European oil, the oil in the US, the oil in the Pacific and the South Americain oil.

No more Soviet Armour then. :eek: I expect they have large reserves thou.

Take Baku!!!
Push to the front to the gates of Stalingrad and to Don and Wolga.

I'm just 2 provinces away from Baku. Now I'm feeling kind of stupid for demolishing it.

Montgomery and Rommel taking Suez together? I think that you just broke the Forum's ironymeter.

Don't they give you a custom avatar or something for such accomplishments?

Will you attempt to go for Formosa or jump to Malaya already?

I think I'll hit Malaya. I've got some armor divisions in the Pacific that could probably hold a frontline there.

Hurray for Rommel and Monty, and hurray for free Australia! Great work also by the USMC and the United States Army in nearly liberating the entire Middle east, as well as the south pacific.

I hope I am not jumping the gun here, but what are you thinking of doing with the middle east post war? Will it go back under colonial administration or will you release the areas revolter states? If so, which ones?

I don't know yet. They'll probably be released as quasi independent states. It might be fun to release an Arab Union, so I could do that to. Reinstating colonialism probably wouldn't be very popular.

Still quite a lot of isles under soviet control... :rolleyes:

You know they've had those islands for ten years and I don't think they ever bothered to put a single garrison on one of them. :(

Does anyone know how to edit Ai files? I'd like it if the Soviets could threaten Japan with an invasion and if they actually built nuclear reactors.

So you've got Baku, the Persian oil, The Saudi oil, the European oil, the oil in the US, the oil in the Pacific and the South Americain oil.

No more Soviet Armour then. :eek: I expect they have large reserves thou.

Yeah they probably have very large reserves, maybe even enough oil for a few years.

Ya know, if it were me, I'd write a scene with Monty and Rommel sharing a friendly bottle near a certain Train Station in Western Egypt.

Ya know, if it were me, I'd write a scene with Monty and Rommel sharing a friendly bottle near a certain Train Station in Western Egypt.

I'll keep that in mind once I take Egypt. :)

So does anyone have any ideas for post Magi operations?

Operation Cleanup: Invasion of Africa, Consolidation of Oceanic Islands, Preparation for Invasion of Asia.
Operation Jericho: Invasion of China/SE Asia/India
Operation Ilium: Invasion of Siberia to Urals, Caucasus to just south of Stalingrad
Operation Troy: Invasion of Russia (from the East) up to Volga River Line
Operation Cannae: Destruction of Russia!

:D

Operation Sudden Death: an operation to take Moscow and Stalingrad, while the forces from Magi take India, and the Forces from Southern Cross take china, and then some troops from the Americas take Africa

Last edited:
I still think that a landing in Korea could be attempted, not only to open up yet another front and to take Vladivostok, but also to prevent the Japanese from doing the same thing. You could also invade formosa and use the islands airbases to bomb the industries of soviet china into rubble.

Another alternative could be to clear Africa of soviet presence. You could have Monty and Rommel tear through North Africa all the way to Morocco, while you could launch simultaneous landings in Kenya and Cameroon, then having those landings link up and divide the entire continent into two. Then you could clear out the southern part of the continent, liberate some new allies like South Africa and Rhodesia, and then mop up the remaining soviet stragglers on the continent.

Operation Cleanup: Invasion of Africa, Consolidation of Oceanic Islands, Preparation for Invasion of Asia.
Operation Jericho: Invasion of China/SE Asia/India
Operation Ilium: Invasion of Siberia to Urals, Caucasus to just south of Stalingrad
Operation Troy: Invasion of Russia (from the East) up to Volga River Line
Operation Cannae: Destruction of Russia!

:D

Operation Sudden Death: an operation to take Moscow and Leningrad, while the forces from Magi take India, and the Forces from Southern Cross take china, and then some troops from the Americas take Africa

I still think that a landing in Korea could be attempted, not only to open up yet another front and to take Vladivostok, but also to prevent the Japanese from doing the same thing. You could also invade formosa and use the islands airbases to bomb the industries of soviet china into rubble.

Another alternative could be to clear Africa of soviet presence. You could have Monty and Rommel tear through North Africa all the way to Morocco, while you could launch simultaneous landings in Kenya and Cameroon, then having those landings link up and divide the entire continent into two. Then you could clear out the southern part of the continent, liberate some new allies like South Africa and Rhodesia, and then mop up the remaining soviet stragglers on the continent.

Some interesting ideas there (though I already have Leningrad :) ). I really wish that I had some air cavalry. That would make those offensives a lot easier.

I currently have about 260 mp and I'm not certain how to spend it. My serial runs of airbases, land forts, and planes probably comes out to about 20 mp a month. I make about 1.7 mp per day. I want to keep 50 to 100 mp in reserve to replenish armies and continue my serial builds. What should I build with the 160 available mp?

More Mec,Mot,Arm is always good, but they won't be so good in China, Siberia, or Africa. Would Cav be worthwhile now, even though it doesn't have the awesome speed bonuses yet? Maybe more mountaineers would be a better investment?

BTW, I just got the penultimate nuke tech (2 years ahead of time btw, thank you Oppenheimer and Los Alamos). The 9th reactor should be finished in a few months. What should be my next abomb targets?

I vote we leave Africa be for now. It is cut off and cannot produce enough to seriously threaten Allied forces anyways.

The big goals now should be India and China. For several reasons.

1: These are big manpower producing areas, taking these furthers cripples the Soviet War Machine.

2: The establishment of independent Indian and Chinese Republics furthers stresses our commitment to freedom and liberty for all peoples. If the British want India back, they should damn well take it themselves.

3: These areas must be kept out of the Japanese control at all cost. A Fordist Asia brings up the specter of another war for either ourselves or our children. While we fight in a common cause today, Fordism is Democracy's natural enemy. Japan must be kept as isolated as possible, only allowed to conquer small, less populated and less industrial areas, so as to keep it unable to seriously challenged Democracy in the future.

My long term suggestion is to cut Russia off from her conquests and ring her round with American Allies and strongholds. At which point a multi-directional attack should bring the final remnants of that evil empire to it's knees and exposed for the killing blow! In fact the nukes should be saved for this attack. A mass slam into high value Russian targets will make the final offensive easier on everyone.

With any luck if we take China, Japan will invest itself in taking the barren wastes of Siberia and pour thousands of young men into that wilderness to wonder for years.