• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Dan,

Just finally caught up with this AAR. Got to say I am enjoying it very much so! Love the history you've thrown into this quite "different" scenario - shall will say? Glad now that your finally pushing back the Commies although it's a shame your wife's PC has finally died and you need technical attention. Had some fun times playing against her on that PC. :(

Still, looking forward to when you can update again!

Awesome looking AAR! Just cought up!

You've done good so far, it's really a shame the Soviet AI isn't more agressive though.

You've still a long way ahead of you, good luck!

Ksim3000 said:
Hi Dan,

Just finally caught up with this AAR. Got to say I am enjoying it very much so! Love the history you've thrown into this quite "different" scenario - shall will say? Glad now that your finally pushing back the Commies although it's a shame your wife's PC has finally died and you need technical attention. Had some fun times playing against her on that PC. :(

Still, looking forward to when you can update again!

Well good news on that front. The only thing that was damaged on her comp was the power supply. I have a good friend who fixes computers for a living and he came by tonight and helped us install a new power supply.

He was also able to tell me that my computer's case fan was having problems rather than the power supply fan. So that means my comp will just shut off rather than burn up if the fan finally croaks. Dell doesn't sell case fans for older models but I found one on ebay. Everything should be great when that comes in (Assuming I don't burn off my hand by touching the heatsink while installing it).

Maj. von Mauser said:
Awesome looking AAR! Just cought up!

You've done good so far, it's really a shame the Soviet AI isn't more agressive though.

You've still a long way ahead of you, good luck!

Yeah things should pick up in future installments. Once I park my units on that winter line the Soviet ai will have a chance to recuperate and the events for extra manpower and ic should kick in.

Inner Circle said:
I´ve read the aar and i´m impressed!

Any new progress with the scenario? any release date?

I'd estimate that it'll be at least a month or two before the scenario will be "ready for prime time." I have a link to the scenario's development thread in my signature.

I'm glad you all like the aar. I'm planning for a new update for Sunday or Monday. So stay tuned. :)

I have a modding question for any readers with a nack for that.

I think the Soviets may have a problem with strategic redeploying units around their empire. Is there anyway to make their units arrive at the desired locations quicker via events? Is there some sort of strategic redeployment speed modifier in the game?

Bee Gees - Massachusets.

Feel Im goin back to massachusetts,
Somethings telling me I must go home.
And the lights all went out in massachusetts
The day I left her standing on her own.

Tried to hitch a ride to san francisco,
Gotta do the things I wanna do.
They brought me back to see my way with you.

Talk about the life in massachusetts,
Speak about the people I have seen,
And massachusetts is one place I have seen.

I will remember Massachusetts...

Dniester Offensive
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thraceoffensivebegins.jpg

The Dniester Offensive( 21 October 1944 – 11 November 1944) was a major Allied offensive launched through the Carpathian Mountains on the European Front. The offensive was officially named the Dniester - Bosphorus campaign by the U.S. Army, but is known to the general public simply as the Dniester Offensive or the Kishinev Offensive.

The operation would be complemented by a massive air campaign to destroy road and rail networks in the Baltic region, Belarus, Ukraine, and Anatolia. The Allies' planned goal for this operation was to seize the west bank of the Dneister river and then proceeding to seize Thrace and the rest of Europe west of the Dneister. This was to be followed by the erection of the “Cannon Line,” a massive system of fortifications that would run from East Prussia to Thrace. Behind this line, the peoples of Europe would then have some protection from the growing might of the Soviet Army.

The offensive came almost as a complete surprise to the Soviets, who had hoped that the early onset of winter and the mountainous terrain would end combat operations in Europe for the rest of the year. This surprise was achieved by a combination of careful Allied planning and the Soviet's preoccupation with their own offensive plans, an ill fated attack on American held Poland, which diverted much needed aerial reconnaissance from the Carpathian front.

campaigninbalkansoctnov44.jpg

The campaign was basically a cakewalk, but Eisenhower still learned a few things from the experience.

totalwarcommieevent.jpg

The Russians are no longer nerfed. In addition to this event, they got a few events to give them about 1000-2000 manpower.

The Allies' objectives were ultimately realized. The Cannon line was quickly erected (the first line of bunkers were finished in January of 1945) and the victories ensured that the Americans would get their way at the London Conference on Post Soviet Europe. Additionally, four Soviet Divisions were destroyed as survivors retreated to the relative safety of the Molotov line.

birthplaceofdemocracyliberated.jpg

The Marines liberate the birthplace of democracy from godless communism. This, and MacArthur's nearly simultaneous entry into Istanbul, officially bring the campaign to a close. The rest of Greece is cleared by the end of the week.

I'm glad to know it was missed!

I should let readers in on a few modifications that I've made.

I added edited versions of the resource selling events from World In Flames because the USSR seemed to reach the magical amount of energy needed to crash the game. I edited the events so they can fire during wartime. Additionally, the size of your allowed resource stockpiles is significantly bigger than in WIF. So USSR and USA can stockpile enough goods to run all of USA's factories for about 2 years, but anything over that gets sold.

From the start of this AAR, I've limited the Soviet Union's manpower growth. I did this because the Soviet Union has cores on all of the world in this scenario, and a mp gain of 15 a day was a bit much for my computer to handle (not to mention my armies). Initially, I coded a lot of events to give the USSR extra mp whenever certain vp cities were taken. I've decided to scrap that idea and just give the USSR 3 off map manpower per day.

I coded an event to give me cores on a few islands in the Atlantic. These are the Portuguese and Danish islands, because the AI can't be trusted to keep those islands supplied. I also added cores on the Falklands and Gibraltar. This way, I'll have the option to give them to the UK after I've liberated Argentina and Spain. Additionally, I've given myself cores on the front line of provinces running from East Prussia to Moldova. Once I've advanced into Russia, I'll remove the cores and cede these provinces to the soon to be independent European countries.

I might need help making a new AI file for the USSR. I want them to build nuke reactors with all that free IC I've just given them. Plus I want them to continue pumping out naval and air units. Can anyone help me out with this?

I think I can. Go to the thread of the CSAbadass, he can tell you what to edit.

I am happy to see this return! It looks like the soviet union will be done playing games now, i hope that the cannon line will hold against their inevitable counterattacks.

Keep up the great work!:)

London Conference on Post Soviet Europe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conferencebegins.jpg

America's prestige ensured that Roosevelt would have the final say on any contentious issues.

The London Conference on Post Soviet Europe was the meeting of the Allies to plan for the creation of free governments in Europe and determine the political boundaries of the newly liberated nation states. It took place in London in 1944 and involved diplomats and lobbyists from more than 30 nations. At its center were the leaders of the Allied powers – Franklin Roosevelt of the United States and William Lyon Mackenzie King of Canada.

Royalty, prime ministers who had fled to the Americas, and resistance leaders who suffered through the Soviet occupation lobbied the allied leaders for a variety of causes related to the future of their nations. For a few tumultuous months London was the de facto capital of a global government as the assembled diplomats decided the future of Europe and its former colonies.

electionof44.jpg

The US President had an easy electoral victory in the 1944 election. Roosevelt decided to bring Republicans into his cabinet and to the peace conference. Please note the weird bugged election event: Somehow Roosevelt has become a Republican!

canadianctfclearsmed.jpg

Canada's military successes in Europe and the Mediterranean earned King a role in the Quintet. The Canadian Navy successfully chased all Soviet Forces out of the Mediterranean during the first week of the conference.

Overview
The conference opened on November 12, 1944. It came to a close on January 1, 1945 with the inaugural General Assembly of the United Nations.
The major accomplishments of the conference, besides the agreements the Americans made to turn control over European nations to their provisional governments, were the decision to create the United Nations, the approval of its charter, as well as the commitment of each member state to enter the war against the Soviet Union.

The 'Quintet' — Henri-Honoré Giraud, Chief of Staff of the French Army in exile; Erwin Rommel, Chief of Staff of the German Army in exile; Franklin Roosevelt, President of the United States; George VI, rightful King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain; and William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister of Canada — were the dominant diplomatic figures at the conference. The conclusions of their talks were imposed on the nations of Europe and, at the conclusion of the war, the Soviet Union.

Don't create European nations, just causes nationalism, mass-movements and more war.
Let it all become a mandate of UN? :p
Well, he won't. Trust me, I know. :D

I won't release European Nations or I won't turn them into a UN mandate?

I was thinking about releasing MODNN's European Union revolter. I'll probably just release a mixture of normal countries (like France, Uk, and Germany) and some unique MODNN revolters like an Iberia and the Benelux union country. We might get to see the Sorbs, Corsicans, and Vojvodinans march on Moscow!

I was thinking about releasing MODNN's European Union revolter. I'll probably just release a mixture of normal countries (like France, Uk, and Germany) and some unique MODNN revolters like an Iberia and the Benelux union country. We might get to see the Sorbs, Corsicans, and Vojvodinans march on Moscow!

He. That would be sweet indeed. The Corsican flag over Moscow.

Vojvodinans don't exist though. They would be like a weird army of Serbs, Croats, Hungarians, Germans, Slovaks, Romanians and Rusyns ;)

Vojvodinans don't exist though. They would be like a weird army of Serbs, Croats, Hungarians, Germans, Slovaks, Romanians and Rusyns ;)

Funny, i read from somewhere not too long ago, that the Ottomans had a Vojvodian puppet in the balkans during their reign of the region. If i'm not wrong, it had something to do with Transylvania and the story of Dracula, but i could be mixing those 2 up.

I'm aware that there isn't a Vojvodinan nation, but you can create a Vojvodina country in the New Nations Mod.

Last edited: