• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Olav said:
As for the playerlist, I'll split it into two: one for permanent players and one for visitors/temporary players. When the permanent players have played their turns in a round, the visitors could PM me or ask in the thread if they could play (which they certainly will be allowed to do ;)). Since you seem to the spokesman of the "visitors" Brian, does this sound like a good idea to you? :)

Yeah, pretty much sounds like a way to go. While the regulars are going any visitors who want in for that round can make their intentions known to you. If nobody asks in before the last regular has finished their turn, then the regulars just go on to the next round. As long as you can keep track of who's up and who's on deck, I think this can be a go. :)

Just if its a new visitor, make sure they're aware that they'll need AGCEEP 1.54 Deluxe. I'm going to go download it now.

Of course, its up to you what limits you might want to put on there. Before, you were looking for 3-6 players plus a spot for a reserve. You could keep that as 4-5 "regular" slots and a couple of spots per round open for "visitors."

Right now we have...
Regulars:
1. Olav
2. Lordling
3. Lurken (confirmed in as a regular)
4. (OPEN)
(5 ?)

Visitors - First round
1. Brian Roastbeef
(2 ?)

(BTW, I didn't mean to give an impression that I think any European nation would be too easy for this. I would have been perfectly fine with Venice as a choice as well (particularly after seeing that you guys over at Civfanatics were getting your butts kicked ;) ). I was mainly pointing out that I think circumstances with Byzantium could turn too much toward the same situation that I think you were seeking to avoid with Muscovy or Savoy. If we do another of these after this one is finished, I think there would be some Christian countries that could still be a challenge past 1500, particularly with AGCEEP or, if necessary, Europa Portugalis.)

Last edited:
Yea...I think I would count as a regular.

Alright, it seems we have control over how the rounds will play out now. However, if the SG gets 6 regular players, I don't think there will be room for visitors anymore. To compensate for this, the reserve player list could be infinite. This way it will still be possible for visitors to play.

Nice to have you along, thrashing mad and Dell19! You mentioned an important thing Dell - you prefer to play on weekends. Anyone else who prefer to play on certain days or timeperiods? I guess the roster can be organized so players can take their turn when it seems fit.

As for the difficulty, I'll set it to very hard/weakling.

Finally, I have two questions: Is it possible to save when you recieve a DoW-message, then reload and the message will still be there? The same question regarding events - is it possible to save when an event pops up, reload and it will still be there?

Oddly enough, it will be easier do my turn(s) on weekdays: Mon-Thu. I know that I always have time for some gaming in my regular daily routine. Its those screwy weekends and holidays that are iffy. ;)

:) Great to see that more players for this are finally coming around. If there's still room then and my visitor turn seems easy enough to do and post, maybe I'll go in as a regular. Like I said before, it would be a lot easier for me if I'm one of six players, and not one of three. Then if I miss a turn, hopefully it would be less of an inconvenience.

Events and pop-ups dissappear when saving-loading, however if some did DoW you, that still remains even if the pop-up is gone.

well, i dont have any preferrable weekdays...usually i can play more during the week than on weekends... :p But i try to arrange my schedule so i can play :)

As for the country i have played ottomans from that region :)

Olav said:
Good! I've added you as #5 on the roster.

Brian, since it's 5 players on the regular player list now, do you want to be added on it too?

Yeah, I've been figuring all along that I could do this if we had a full six players so bump me up to a regular now that we do. :)

Now, hopefully if time becomes a problem for me to play down the road, we can just shift my position in the order. Dell preferring weekends with El'Won and I being a little more likely to be able to play on weekdays provides a nice balance to the roster too.

And we still have the reserve list if Thrashing Mad still wants a go. :cool:

Hey, it's a while since the Kara Koyunlu/Safavid Empire SG ended, so it's perhaps time to start a new one? Anyone interested? It's best with 5 players, but 4 will do. If there is more than 5 that is interested, we might play as two teams (same nation and settings, of course) - it could be fun to compare the two games.

I haven't decided much about the game yet though. However, it can't be a game with a map-mod as my laptop is too old. :( The game will be on very hard difficulty.
In other words it is up to those who are interested in participating to decide nation and mod (vanilla, Interregnum, ACGEEP, EP etc). Lurkers may also recommend a nation.

I haven't decided on mod yet, so feel free to spam some propaganda. :p
As for nation, it is important to choose one that provides challenges throughout the whole game. It would be a shame to control half of the world mid-game with no challenges left... I was thinking of playing as Venice. Venice was also one of the alternatives for the first SG. They should provide certain challenges (like stopping OE) during the game.

I think I will add some variant rules to "secure" a challenging game. For example, if we play as Venice, we shouldn't be allowed to own any other provinces with cultures that match with our state-cultures. In that way we can't expand over half of Europe. Also, we can try to keep the Balkans "in balance": if one of the majors (OE or Austria for example) expands too much in the Balkans, we will interfere in pure NATO-style and kick them out again, releasing vassals in the process.

Another variant rule (that I think will be used for whatever nation we choose) will be to adjust the DP-sliders in a certain way - the golden mean way. That is, all our sliders should be in the middle position. It will take a while before we get there, of course. What do you think of this idea?

I don't know when the SG will start - it all depends on the interest.

For those who doesn't know what SG is, take a look at post #1 and 2, and more importantly the last SG, which can be found in my sig.

Edit: I will change some of the rules from post #1 and 2. For example, I think it wouldn't hurt to have 5 days to play and write a report instead of 48 hours. Also, I think the maximum play-time should be increased from 5/10 years to up to 40/50 years. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
My suggestion is the latest Interregnum, just because its new and Ive never played it before :D

And, although I didnt participate in the first one (5/10 years per turn), I think 20 years per turn is plenty...

Yeah, I think as well that we should use Interregnum. Since we used AGCEEP in the first one, we might as well use a new mod now. But if we're using Interregnum, we can obviously not play as Venice. :p So what nation should we choose? Is Papal States any good, panther-anthro?

Keep in mind that we really should have some limits on the nation we play, so it don't get too easy.

Finally, nice to have you along, Mega Death! Will you participate, panther? If not, I will be happy if you still come around and give us Interregnum-specific tips! :) While we're waiting for other players and perhaps a new version of the mod, I suggest that we play some Interregnum games on our own, just to get to know the feeling of the mod.

Well, just by looking at the map and nothing else, I must say I like the Hanseatic League ;) ... 3 cots...

followed by

Bavaria, spread out...
Genoa
Byzantium
Ragusa