+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Theatrum Orbis Terrarum version 2.0

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Thanks Pishtaco & gigau for your awesome work.

There seems to be something not very right here...

I got EU3NA 2.1 + TOT 2.0 + MGM 1.72 (with gigau fix).

And then:
    Started new game as Poland, and... I CAN'T SEE my cores outside territority of my country and my ally (Lithuania), when political mapmode is on, i.e. nothing on Bohemia & Teutonic Order.

Then restarted as Burgundy... same thing. I clicked twice or so on one of my neighbours, and then ... CTD.

And since I have got almost none of them before installing TOT 2.0...
    I COULD care less, but it would take a real effort.

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Creature
    There seems to be something not very right here...

I got EU3NA 2.1 + TOT 2.0 + MGM 1.72 (with gigau fix).

And then:
    Started new game as Poland, and... I CAN'T SEE my cores outside territority of my country and my ally (Lithuania), when political mapmode is on, i.e. nothing on Bohemia & Teutonic Order.

Then restarted as Burgundy... same thing. I clicked twice or so on one of my neighbours, and then ... CTD.

And since I have got almost none of them before installing TOT 2.0...
    That's odd. You mean the diplomatic map mode, and your problem is with the diagonal stripes not showing? Do the stripes work properly in other situations? Could you post a screenshot and details of your graphics card (including the graphics memory)? The cause of the crash might be listed in one of the log files in the logs directory.
    The Dream of Macsen - a short history of Wales
    Theatrum Orbis Terrarum graphics mod for EU3

Quote Originally Posted by Pishtaco
    That's odd. You mean the diplomatic map mode, and your problem is with the diagonal stripes not showing? Do the stripes work properly in other situations? Could you post a screenshot and details of your graphics card (including the graphics memory)? The cause of the crash might be listed in one of the log files in the logs directory.
    When I got the crash, I immediately reinstalled EU3. So no logs... (nobody said I'm a patient person).

On the other hand, MMG 1.72 turned out to be corrupted, even the download was removed; so the problem could be there.

But in order to show you the lack of stripes, I installed TOT 2.0 again (over clean EU3 NA 2.1, not as a mod, but I replaced original files, with a new font & minimap), this time without MMG. Here is a screen:

I choose France, as it is an excelent example. Look closely, and you will see what's wrong (some hints: Aragon, Burgundy, Milan). Diagonal stripes only show, if there is any sort of other diplomatic relation with a given country (and thus some other colour as a 'background' for stripes).

My graphics:

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, 256 MB, latest drivers
    I COULD care less, but it would take a real effort.

Looks fantastic! Downloading right away

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Creature
    I choose France, as it is an excelent example. Look closely, and you will see what's wrong (some hints: Aragon, Burgundy, Milan). Diagonal stripes only show, if there is any sort of other diplomatic relation with a given country (and thus some other colour as a 'background' for stripes).

My graphics:

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, 256 MB, latest drivers
    I was going to report the same issue as well. My specs:

GeForce 8800, latest drivers.

The stripes thing is a bug in my code, sorry. I had put something to change the neutral colour on the diplomatic map to a more attractive one, and something to do the stripes, and I hadn't thought properly about how they affect each other. I've uploaded a fixed version, 2.0a, and put it in the original post. The only changed files are terrain_2_0.fx and stripes.dds.

I still haven't managed to download gigau's files from filefront. But I think I know what some of the black spots could be. The shape of the coastline depends on provinces.bmp (or whatever it's called) as well as topology.bmp; and provinces.bmp has changed in the MM map (to something closer to topology.bmp).

I'm having second thoughts about the dots. Done right, I think they could add a whiff of authenticity, but they are rather overwhelming at the moment. The file the texture is in is water_blur_20_pixels_tilable.dds, not water.dds.

I've added two files to the download to use with magna mundi. I also made the dots slightly fainter.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just tried 2.0a out. works like a charm and looks great too and the stripes are back.
    Good work Pishtaco

The Hermster conquers all.

Thanks to everyone who tried this. I have fixed some things up, and posted version 2.1 in a new thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...52#post7782052

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3