• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Avoiding splitting capitalists and officers altogether would be a good thing, in my opinion. It's not a game-breaker though.

What program do you use to open the Configuration File? I am getting an error message every time I try to apply the POP splitter to a saved game. I think this is because I cannot open the config. file.

Bombinator said:
What program do you use to open the Configuration File? I am getting an error message every time I try to apply the POP splitter to a saved game. I think this is because I cannot open the config. file.

Never mind, I found out that you use notepad to open it but I still get an error message when I apply the splitter to my game.

Bombinator said:
Never mind, I found out that you use notepad to open it but I still get an error message when I apply the splitter to my game.
what kind of error message?
Do you have the .net framework installed?

And just to let everyone know, I've decided to try and implement something like this.

You can:
Choose a whole country for splitting as you can now.
Choose a country and remove some specific provinces from the queue
Choose a provinces or a group of provinces.
Any combination of the above.

In all of the above cases, it should also be possible to select what POP types to split.

The biggest problem is, I'm not sure how long this i going to take :cool:

Last edited:
Dietmar1982 said:
what kind of error message?
Do you have the .net framework installed?

And just to let everyone know, I've decided to try and implement something like this.

You can:
Choose a whole country for splitting as you can now.
Choose a country and remove some specific provinces from the queue
Choose a provinces or a group of provinces.
Any combination of the above.

In all of the above cases, it should also be possible to select what POP types to split.

The biggest problem is, I'm not sure how long this i going to take :cool:

If you achieve that, then you will be officially be recognised as the best Victorian on these forums, after OHgamer and rafiki! :cool:

I don't have the .net framework installed. Where can I get that?

Dietmar1982 said:
New version available in the first post

OMG have you really done what it says in the first post!!? :eek:
If so, I love you!

Dietmar1982 said:
Edit: is it possible to edit thread titles
Just send a PM to OHgamer. I'm sure he will be obliging if you have a compelling reason.

noddy102 said:
OMG have you really done what it says in the first post!!? :eek:
If so, I love you!

Well the best way for you to know, is to download it and try it out. :D

It seems to be working, but experience learned from the original Pop splitter shows me that, you can never be sure, until its been tested by a lot of people.
RELee said:
Just send a PM to OHgamer. I'm sure he will be obliging if you have a compelling reason.
It's not really important enough.
If you ask me
He should be useing all his spare time perfecting the VIP mod, not doing small tasks for me :D

Dietmar1982 said:
Well the best way for you to know, is to download it and try it out. :D

It seems to be working, but experience learned from the original Pop splitter shows me that, you can never be sure, until its been tested by a lot of people.

If I could I would.
Exams are keeping me too busy right now. :(
But don't dismay; I'll try it out once they are over, and I know for a fact there will be others from the MP community ready to give this a whirl!

Tested v5 tonight. Appears to have worked like a champ. :)

RELee said:
Tested v5 tonight. Appears to have worked like a champ. :)
So far so good :)

I've made a little improvement, and released a version 5.1

there is now a automatic POP splitting function, which selects the latest save game and splits it.

This functionality requires that you specify the game directory in the configuration file.
An example can be shown below:

Code:
GAMEDIR = C:\Games\Victoria

hope you find it usefull. ;)

download can be found at the bottom of the first post

And to let everyone know, VIP will likely bundle this application with the next version of VIP:R (0.2) when 0.2 is released.

It definitely improves gameplay performance when used with VIP. I'm currently using it about once every 6 years (a bit less often earlier in the scenario when pop growth rates are slower) and the improvement to AI economic performance is quite beneficial.

Another small update.

I corrected a very small problem with the auto splitting feature.
the auto splitting feature would attempt to split the newest file in the savegame directory. This led to a program malfunction if the file wasn't a Victoria Savegame file.

It should now only read the latest file save from the game.

Thanks. I'll see if I can test it out for you tomorrow. I plan on continuing my Portugal game tomorrow.

I just want you to know how awesome you have made this utility. Thanks. :cool: