• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The tech system sounds like Victoria. Or did I miss something?

Zanza said:
The tech system sounds like Victoria. Or did I miss something?

it does sound like victoria

This game looks so cool. What I like in a game that you start out small and work you way to greatness so the rags to riches kind of thing(a trait most likely inherited from R:TW), but who owns the land to the north?. The units look awesome!!! give the artist my compliment. Greeks have their own units and it looks like the turks too!!

On guessing the alert icons:
1st: new building is available
2nd: ???
3rd: military access to other countries
4th: landlocked nation, 1 province nation???
5th: You may now appoint a new member of the court

Research definitely sounds interesting. But if the rate of research is dependent on the ministers you appoint, what ensures that more prosperous factions research technology more quickly than poor factions? Are you able to hire better characters, or have a larger pool of them to work from, or what?

Johan said:
This week we are introducing our 2d-artist yonaz, also known as Jonas Jakobsson, to you all. Jonas joined us in the middle of this summer and has been an important addition to our team. Jonas has been doing the interface artwork, as well as the map that covers most of the screenshots. While our programmers have done a great job at an improved map engine, only Jonas great art skills have made it possible to look as good as it does.

Jonas is the new God!!
:D

2Coats said:
Maybe.... but it could be just the perspective of a fixed camera angle and its relative position within the minimap.
Possibly. At different levels of zoom present so far, the angle changes.

Jayavarman said:
Possibly. At different levels of zoom present so far, the angle changes.
It could still follow a pre-defined curve. When you zoom in EU3, the camera changes both distance and angle. Rotating a world map is a pretty pointless feature IMHO as 99.999% of people expect the world map to have north on top.

thames said:
I was about to ask for that too. I really hope so... :cool:
What for? So you can have Italy pointing upwards? Most useless feature ever.

It looks nice, thanks everyone.
Could we please have some consistency in the alphabet used? ie Ianvari(us) with AVC or January with AUC.

For the icons :
1/ building
2/
3/ trade
4/ diplomacy
5/ court

Zanza said:

Have to agree. We all know Europe and rest of the World with the Arctic as North and Antarctica as south. And please keep it that way, no matter what the Romans believed...

Zanza said:
Having a rotating map would be popular in Conan the B's eyes.

As he once said 'I would like to see a rotating map because when you "... crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women" you should look down on them.'

Imo, Greece seems lacking some more provinces, being one of the most divided and important parts of the early ages of the game.

((MACEDON!!! WOOOOOO!!))

Yeah, comagoosie... We Turks were in Asia at this point. Pretty deep in Asia.

But still, I see what you mean. The Thracians appear to have their own unit--they would be Thracians, right?--and that is awesome. Oh, I can't wait to see the Carthaginians...

One happy hoplite reporting in, Sir... :cool: