+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #5 - 14th of November 2007

The tech system sounds like Victoria. Or did I miss something?
    Very few of us realise with conviction the intensely unusual, unstable, complicated, unreliable, temporary nature of the economic organisation by which Western Europe has lived for the last half century. We assume some of the most peculiar and temporary of our late advantages as natural, permanent, and to be depended on, and we lay our plans accordingly. On this sandy and false foundation we scheme for social improvement and dress our political platforms, pursue our animosities and particular ambitions, and feel ourselves with enough margin in hand to foster, not assuage, civil conflict in the European family. Moved by insane delusion and reckless self-regard, the German people overturned the foundations on which we all lived and built.
    John M. Keynes, 1919

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2EU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can I pre-order now?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Zanza
    The tech system sounds like Victoria. Or did I miss something?
    it does sound like victoria
    Markusw7 I'm so powerful i made Paris Hilton a productive member of society.
    Scipio Aemilius *Bows in reverence and admiration*

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    This game looks so cool. What I like in a game that you start out small and work you way to greatness so the rags to riches kind of thing(a trait most likely inherited from R:TW), but who owns the land to the north?. The units look awesome!!! give the artist my compliment. Greeks have their own units and it looks like the turks too!!

On guessing the alert icons:
    1st: new building is available
    2nd: ???
    3rd: military access to other countries
    4th: landlocked nation, 1 province nation???
    5th: You may now appoint a new member of the court
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Research definitely sounds interesting. But if the rate of research is dependent on the ministers you appoint, what ensures that more prosperous factions research technology more quickly than poor factions? Are you able to hire better characters, or have a larger pool of them to work from, or what?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    Greeks have their own units and it looks like the turks too!!
    Turks,lol.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    This week we are introducing our 2d-artist yonaz, also known as Jonas Jakobsson, to you all. Jonas joined us in the middle of this summer and has been an important addition to our team. Jonas has been doing the interface artwork, as well as the map that covers most of the screenshots. While our programmers have done a great job at an improved map engine, only Jonas great art skills have made it possible to look as good as it does.
    Jonas is the new God!!
    Dicen que en Portugal aun hay muchos comunistas
    pero lo que yo queria saber es donde hay señoritas

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Coats
    Maybe.... but it could be just the perspective of a fixed camera angle and its relative position within the minimap.
    Possibly. At different levels of zoom present so far, the angle changes.

HoI AnthologyDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

The map looks great. So do the sprites.

I am pumped!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by jk2exp
    Can you rotate the map?
    I was about to ask for that too. I really hope so...
    Busy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayavarman
    Possibly. At different levels of zoom present so far, the angle changes.
    It could still follow a pre-defined curve. When you zoom in EU3, the camera changes both distance and angle. Rotating a world map is a pretty pointless feature IMHO as 99.999% of people expect the world map to have north on top.
    Very few of us realise with conviction the intensely unusual, unstable, complicated, unreliable, temporary nature of the economic organisation by which Western Europe has lived for the last half century. We assume some of the most peculiar and temporary of our late advantages as natural, permanent, and to be depended on, and we lay our plans accordingly. On this sandy and false foundation we scheme for social improvement and dress our political platforms, pursue our animosities and particular ambitions, and feel ourselves with enough margin in hand to foster, not assuage, civil conflict in the European family. Moved by insane delusion and reckless self-regard, the German people overturned the foundations on which we all lived and built.
    John M. Keynes, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thames
    I was about to ask for that too. I really hope so...
    What for? So you can have Italy pointing upwards? Most useless feature ever.
    John M. Keynes, 1919

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

It looks nice, thanks everyone.
    Could we please have some consistency in the alphabet used? ie Ianvari(us) with AVC or January with AUC.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    For the icons :
    1/ building
    2/
    3/ trade
    4/ diplomacy
    5/ court
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Have to agree. We all know Europe and rest of the World with the Arctic as North and Antarctica as south. And please keep it that way, no matter what the Romans believed...
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

Hoi 2 Beta

Having a rotating map would be popular in Conan the B's eyes.

As he once said 'I would like to see a rotating map because when you "... crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women" you should look down on them.'
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Imo, Greece seems lacking some more provinces, being one of the most divided and important parts of the early ages of the game.

((MACEDON!!! WOOOOOO!!))
    "Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

Yeah, comagoosie... We Turks were in Asia at this point. Pretty deep in Asia.

But still, I see what you mean. The Thracians appear to have their own unit--they would be Thracians, right?--and that is awesome. Oh, I can't wait to see the Carthaginians...

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    One happy hoplite reporting in, Sir...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

In the Land of Disappointment motiv-8's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaPenumbra - Black Plague
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I like the 3D engine .. it gets better and better with every iteration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast