+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #5 - 14th of November 2007

Very intriguing! Thank you for keeping us updated by the way!

Advocatus Sancti Sepulcri Sonny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDane
    According to Johan:

So they won't just be technology boosters... for instance you'll probably have a marshall who will both affect land technology progress and increase your manpower pool and/or lead your armies in the field. At least that would be my guess.
    Sounds similar to advisors in EU III.
    Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    Sounds similar to advisors in EU III.
    Except they only boosted technology, or increased succes chance/efficiency... I think it is more similar to the CK system, with each "advisor" increasing a stat with many modifiers.

Viikinki
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles500k club

Letsee... (those icons)

*tech gained
    *war declared
    *troops moving across border
    *lost/gained a province
    *province without governor, or other governor issues (ie your new taken prov without a governor?)

Admiral of the Fleet Shadow Knight's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Nice information on the tech. Thanks Johan and crew!
    f.k.a. shdwknightx
    HOI:TGW
    HOI2: 1914

"When you have a hammer, all your problems begin to look like nails. However, when you don't have a hammer, you may begin to ignore anything that looks like a nail."

Cyborg
    HoI AnthologyDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That tech system definately sounds very promising.

I haven't really a clue about the alerts, but wonder why they all have an exclamation mark except the one with the arrows.

Advocatus Sancti Sepulcri Sonny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDane
    Except they only boosted technology, or increased succes chance/efficiency... I think it is more similar to the CK system, with each "advisor" increasing a stat with many modifiers.
    "For each type of technology you can appoint a character to a position in the government, where his skill will amongst other things affect the progress in this field."

Sounds just like a military advisor in EU III.

But there is also the "amongst other things" portion of the quote which could mean anything.
    Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral.

So those discoveries are country-specific, not province-specific? In any case sounds very good. And I must say again that the map actually looks great.
    "The elemental truth must be stressed that the characteristic of any country before its industrial revolution and modernisation is poverty..." Mathias, First Industrial Nation, pg. 5
    "The Central Committee and the government are in possession of definite proof that this massive exodus of the peasants has been organized by the enemies of the Soviet regime, by counterrevolutionaries, and by Polish agents as a propaganda coup against the process for collectivization in particular and the Soviet Government in general" - USSR leadership about famine & migration caused by bolshevik policy of confiscating all food despite human losses. Stéphane Courtois et al, The Black Book of Communism, pg. 164.
    In Wiki we trust: VickyWiki|CKWiki (offline)|HoI2|EUIII|HoI3|Victoria II|CKII|EUIV
    Play Werewolf with fellow forumites.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    But there is also the "amongst other things" portion of the quote which could mean anything.
    Exactly, this is what I was referring to. I think advisors in EU: Rome will have more effects than in EU3. A High Priest was mentioned in an earlier diary as having an influence on whether omens will be positive or negative, and I don't think there is a seperate High Priest and religious technology advisor - more likely the High Priest will also affect the progress in religious technology. Similarly, an army commander will probably both lead armies in battle and affect the progress in land technology, perhaps also increase the manpower generation and so on.

This also leads me to think there are character stats corresponding to each of the positions, like in CK. Perhaps political/rhetorical skill = civics, piety = religion or something like that.

Hoi 2 Beta

Thumbs up

*claps*
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Deus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae Victis

From left to right i think it's more like:

Senate issues
    Improvements
    At war
    No coastal provinces
    Best WW Death Ever as Eliria the Very Mean Girl in WWLite XXXII: My Super Sweet Sixteen

CK: DV Mod - Horde & Timurid Empire Mod v2.5
    CK: DV Mod (Computable with DVIP) - Automated Courtier Education Events v3.03.01

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Discoveries sounds a bit like the way the invention side of tech worked in Vicky, which is very cool.

Senate
    Civic/tech space thingie
    no idea
    no idea
    no governor
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

So the Tech system is somewhat like in victoria
    Markusw7 I'm so powerful i made Paris Hilton a productive member of society.
    Scipio Aemilius *Bows in reverence and admiration*

This technology system sounds fantastic. The 'discoveries' idea is ingenious, and fits well the indirect 'grand' scale the game has. Most importantly, it suits reality: innovations rely a lot on the people, and a governor's prowess has limited effect; with this new system, the governor has to stimulate others to innovate, rather than being able to affect everything. This makes important the people's ability to progress. While the governor may be the player's genius incarnate, history doesn't have modern players influencing it. The people need to be able to innovate, and the focus should be around what they can achieve. I think this system is a brilliant way about it.

I hope progress in one area will be able to affect progress in another. All the areas are interlinked, and the intellect of one usually ends-up coming to another. Look at Plato: he was a mathematician, yet what he's famous for is his contribution to philosophy. Outpourings of intellect affect all aspects of life: look at the Greeks and the Scottish enlightenment.

Hoi 2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by jk2exp
    Can you rotate the map?
    Flip the monitor on its side?!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Coats
    Flip the monitor on its side?!

no, it's true the view looks rotated in the minimap.
    Dicen que en Portugal aun hay muchos comunistas
    pero lo que yo queria saber es donde hay señoritas

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Once again i can only bow before the work of the team
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

The new way to discover technologies sounds really interesting. And as always does the game look better then the previous update

One Word That Describes Me: Paraddictive
    Europa Universalis I, II, III, NA, IN, HttT, DW and EU:Rome, Vae Victis Hearts of Iron I, II, III, DD and Anthology
    Victoria + Revolutions Diplomacy Crusader Kings I, II + Deus Vult Crown of the North and Two Thrones

584 - Ett medeltida rollspel
    Spela det på det Skandinaviska subforumet

Ta och titta in en stund Forum Skandinaviska och ta del av
    mp-spel, rollspel, diverse modifikationer och underbara AAR:s.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yay Rotatable map! And those armies look beautiful, and Greece looks well worth the conquest
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

Hoi 2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro

no, it's true the view looks rotated in the minimap.
    Maybe.... but it could be just the perspective of a fixed camera angle and its relative position within the minimap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast