• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mad general said:
When is the next update. I can not wait.

seconded, this AAR is very good, will it continue?

Hello all,
As Masked Picke guessed I had some problems, since two weeks my computer is broken but now I managed to connect to internet with my older computer... Wich means than I won't be able to continue this story until my computer on wich my games are on is repaired, hopefully before christmas.

Thanks for understanding. :)

AAR revived

Now than my computer is repaired, and my exams are over (yup, 5 exams the first week of January) I can continue this AAR. Only two years where left at the last update, two years where almost nothing happened. This last update (for the EU3 part!!) will mostly be about what Mexico look like in 1820.

-Conclusion-​

years 1818 to 1820 passed without major events or news, but at least two events deserve to be underlined.

First, the revolts than faced the military triumvirate during the two years following Hidalgo's dead. A part of the liberals suceeded to cause troubles in the central provinces before the stability was restaured and the rebels beaten. Still, Mexico city has been yet again a theater of another battle, this time opposing two Mexican factions.

rebelsuj2.png

1820 proved a better year for the Mexican government. The newly inaugurated Emperor of Mexico Augustin I sended three expeditions, to Hawaii, Fiji and Tahiti, in order to expend Mexican influence in the Pacific. The diplomats and explorers sended to Hawaii succeded into establishing a protectorate on the archipelago, and a trade post was build on Tahiti. The succes of thoses expeditions gave the Imperial government good hopes regarding the possible creation of a Mexican colonial empire, somewhere in the future...

tahitihd0.png

---​

Augustin I Iturbide was staring at the mountains, from his comfortable chair on the balcony of the Imperial Palace. Absorbed by his thoughts, he was only barely noticing the crowd gathering in the streets to prepare the New Year celebrations.

As the sun set over the city of Mexico, year 1820 ends. This sunset is also the end of an era, and the begining of another. In 1492, Columbus' ships reached that region of the world, previously uknown by the Europeans. In 1776, the inhabitants of the 13 British colonies of North America proclaimed their independence from their European homeland, and 44 years later, the largest parts of the Americas are independent. Who knows what the next centuries are reserving to the mankind? Far away, in England, rumors of a quick industrialisation supported by steam technology are spreadings. Maybe the XIXth century will be all about the machine? Or maybe Augustin was just a little bit tired?

The sun has setted over the city of Mexico. Augustin returned inside the palace, where guests where waiting him to return to the reception.

---​

Mexico, December 30​

1812ow7.png

-Independent and at peace
-Papal Controler
#3 by prestige
#7 by income
#17 by land forces
#13 by naval forces
#5 by province number​

End of Part I​

Last edited:
Glad to see you back.

Hawaii and Tahiti - nice! Sometime in the late 20th Century you'll have a kickass tourist industry - shame tourism won't help you industrialise in Vicky!

PrawnStar said:
Glad to see you back.

Hawaii and Tahiti - nice! Sometime in the late 20th Century you'll have a kickass tourist industry - shame tourism won't help you industrialise in Vicky!
Will it help the industries in HoI? :D

:D :D :D

It's great to see this AAR back, second part will surely be interesting, let's see how those colonies in the Pacific will help you.

*claps for aar. I cant wait for the vicky part!!

Im happy to announce than this AAR has moved to the Vicky forum, where the story shall be continued. :)

Link to Part II

this AAR was excellent, hope the vicky part is just as good

*goes to read it*