• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since you included nukes, hopefully you changed the ai so it doesn't nuke pointless places?

I'm not going to download this yet, since I have very many save games in old version - or shall them work in new version also? If you haven't yet done it, the even Suicide bomber killes US soldiers in Iraq could be changed: it's spelled kills, not killes :)

vince1989 said:
i've played for a bit and everytime it has turned into a nuclear war. any ways to prevent it? cause China, USA and russia can wipe each other out with nukes
I belive nuclear war is the whole point of the thing...

SeedSnatcher said:
A look at Feyzabad's province info box says that it is not a graphical glitch, there really is a beach placed there... ;)

yeah, thats what i was trying to show, there is a beach in that province. not just a little graphic glitch.

vince1989 said:
also, i cant save the game. every time i save it has an error, solutions?

because the preinstaller does not create scenarios/save games directory in Modern Day Scenario II folder. create it manually and the save will work.

How do I use nukes? I just started as Iran, and researched the Atomic Bomb, and got my nuke reactor to 6. Now, it gives me 1 nuclear bomb, and I load it on the Ballistic Launcher, which works perfectly. Now, I try to launch it, very close to me ( Iraq ), but all it gives me is the none mission. So, I go to my overwiew research, and find the nukes is still no.. Help?

Arya V. said:
How do I use nukes? I just started as Iran, and researched the Atomic Bomb, and got my nuke reactor to 6. Now, it gives me 1 nuclear bomb, and I load it on the Ballistic Launcher, which works perfectly. Now, I try to launch it, very close to me ( Iraq ), but all it gives me is the none mission. So, I go to my overwiew research, and find the nukes is still no.. Help?

... are you at war with Iraq?

tomdj said:
... are you at war with Iraq?

... I'm at war with US-Controlled Iraq. And I also tried it with Russia in the Ukraine. Didn't work with that either.

Two things:
1. Why'd you change Germany's color? That color, imo, is one of the worst in HOI.

2. Could you (or tell me how) make a non-nuke version? Nuking the crap out of everything gets sort of boring and makes it without a challenge for those with lots of nukes.

wilegfass said:
Two things:
1. Why'd you change Germany's color? That color, imo, is one of the worst in HOI.

2. Could you (or tell me how) make a non-nuke version? Nuking the crap out of everything gets sort of boring and makes it without a challenge for those with lots of nukes.

1: Your opinion. I like it better, and it reminds much less of nazi-germany. The color is also a "german" color. Grey is not even remotely assosiated with the modern Germany.

2: A bit of the thing with nuclear weapons is that it should encourage human players not to for example try to annex Russia. - Don't like it, put an # in front of event = db\events\nuclear_event.txt" in the event.txt

Arya V. said:

Ditto. I developed nukes as Japan, loaded them onto ballistic missiles, and then found myself in a war with China. I tried to nuke Beijing and discovered that I couldn't. Kept getting "None" as my only mission option.

The only way to launch nukes is to get nuclear war event. And that event only comes if you have lost most of your victory points. So if you want nukes, either attack a nation with nukes and conquer most of it's victory points so the nation you are at war with gets the nuclear event. Or just press F12 and write
"event 1011". But beware. After that every nation can use nukes.