+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 312 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Day Scenario II v1.5 - Available for download

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3

Since you included nukes, hopefully you changed the ai so it doesn't nuke pointless places?
    Ultra Nationalist American and Greek
    They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. -Tony Stark/Iron Man

The U.N. is a place where governments opposed to free speech demand to be heard. - MAD Magazine
    Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. -The Dark Knight

Darkest Hour

Suomen tasavalta - Republiken Finland - Финляндская Республика - Finlândiä Respublikası - Republic of Finland
    I'm not going to download this yet, since I have very many save games in old version - or shall them work in new version also? If you haven't yet done it, the even Suicide bomber killes US soldiers in Iraq could be changed: it's spelled kills, not killes
    Mikael "Miihkali" Tuominen

Hyborian Age Mod — a DH fantasy mod set in the world of Conan the Barbarian. (A new map on the way.)

i've played for a bit and everytime it has turned into a nuclear war. any ways to prevent it? cause China, USA and russia can wipe each other out with nukes

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1989
    i've played for a bit and everytime it has turned into a nuclear war. any ways to prevent it? cause China, USA and russia can wipe each other out with nukes
    I belive nuclear war is the whole point of the thing...

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by SeedSnatcher
    A look at Feyzabad's province info box says that it is not a graphical glitch, there really is a beach placed there...
    yeah, thats what i was trying to show, there is a beach in that province. not just a little graphic glitch.

also, i cant save the game. every time i save it has an error, solutions?

Ah I have tried to install it, but every time I try to run the scenario I get an error message regarding "max_staging_distance" or something like that. What seems to be the problem?

Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by vince1989
    also, i cant save the game. every time i save it has an error, solutions?
    because the preinstaller does not create scenarios/save games directory in Modern Day Scenario II folder. create it manually and the save will work.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    do I need to save-quit-reload all games everytime i start them so they won't crash after few days?
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

HoI AnthologyDarkest Hour

Why Taiwan have claims on Mongolia:

How do I use nukes? I just started as Iran, and researched the Atomic Bomb, and got my nuke reactor to 6. Now, it gives me 1 nuclear bomb, and I load it on the Ballistic Launcher, which works perfectly. Now, I try to launch it, very close to me ( Iraq ), but all it gives me is the none mission. So, I go to my overwiew research, and find the nukes is still no.. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Arya V.
    How do I use nukes? I just started as Iran, and researched the Atomic Bomb, and got my nuke reactor to 6. Now, it gives me 1 nuclear bomb, and I load it on the Ballistic Launcher, which works perfectly. Now, I try to launch it, very close to me ( Iraq ), but all it gives me is the none mission. So, I go to my overwiew research, and find the nukes is still no.. Help?
    ... are you at war with Iraq?

Capitán General RPG Leader Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by kris4o1993
    Why Taiwan have claims on Mongolia:

Since the real-life ROC maintains claims on Outer Mongolia since it was part of the Republic of China when constituted in 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdj
    ... are you at war with Iraq?

... I'm at war with US-Controlled Iraq. And I also tried it with Russia in the Ukraine. Didn't work with that either.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Could you add a Navy doctrine tech team? I was thinking on of the one of the naval schools or something. The same goes for an Air tech team (specifically the Royal Norwegian Air Force Flight Training School).

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3

Two things:
    1. Why'd you change Germany's color? That color, imo, is one of the worst in HOI.

2. Could you (or tell me how) make a non-nuke version? Nuking the crap out of everything gets sort of boring and makes it without a challenge for those with lots of nukes.
    Ultra Nationalist American and Greek
    They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. -Tony Stark/Iron Man

The U.N. is a place where governments opposed to free speech demand to be heard. - MAD Magazine
    Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. -The Dark Knight

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by wilegfass
    Two things:
    1. Why'd you change Germany's color? That color, imo, is one of the worst in HOI.

2. Could you (or tell me how) make a non-nuke version? Nuking the crap out of everything gets sort of boring and makes it without a challenge for those with lots of nukes.
    1: Your opinion. I like it better, and it reminds much less of nazi-germany. The color is also a "german" color. Grey is not even remotely assosiated with the modern Germany.

2: A bit of the thing with nuclear weapons is that it should encourage human players not to for example try to annex Russia. - Don't like it, put an # in front of event = db\events\nuclear_event.txt" in the event.txt
    Former team leader of
    Modern Day Scenario 2: Download v1.6
    Part of musical and art collective "b0ka"

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish
    do I need to save-quit-reload all games everytime i start them so they won't crash after few days?
    No. It does not crash in the 1.4 and 1.5 versions
    Former team leader of
    Modern Day Scenario 2: Download v1.6
    Part of musical and art collective "b0ka"

Quote Originally Posted by Arya V.
    Ditto. I developed nukes as Japan, loaded them onto ballistic missiles, and then found myself in a war with China. I tried to nuke Beijing and discovered that I couldn't. Kept getting "None" as my only mission option.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The only way to launch nukes is to get nuclear war event. And that event only comes if you have lost most of your victory points. So if you want nukes, either attack a nation with nukes and conquer most of it's victory points so the nation you are at war with gets the nuclear event. Or just press F12 and write
    "event 1011". But beware. After that every nation can use nukes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 312 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast