• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinian_A

Emperor of the East
86 Badges
Dec 14, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I have no idea if this is a new change in DV or a bug, but it is annoying the heck out of me.

My ruler's grandson (and thus 2nd in line to the throne) is the Duke of Brittany. He was excommunicated by the King of Sweden. So, I went crusading, racked up a bunch of piety, and when the Pope died, a bishop friend of my ruler got the Papal spot. I became Papal Controller. Problem is...I cannot revoke the excommunication on my ruler's grandson. If I select the option, and select him, no button comes up to revoke excommunication. It's not like it is even greyed out - it is just not there at all. All there is is a back button, which obviously doesn't do it.

Any ideas?

Ahh....well, that sucks. Hopefully a patch will fix it.

Or use an event to clear it.
Code:
character_event = { # Bugfix - remove excommunicated
	id = 123460
	picture = "event_chancellor"
	action_a = {
		effect = { type = remove_trait value = excommunicated }
	}
	action_b = { effect = { type = no_effect } }
}
Select the character you want to remove it from, and type charevent 123460 in the console.

Pellucid said:
You can always go into the save file in the meantime.

Yeah, that's actually what I did. Still, it makes striving to become PC less important if it doesn't work correctly. ;)

Thanks for the tip Jordarkelf, I'll use that until it is hopefully fixed.

jordarkelf said:
Or use an event to clear it.
Code:
character_event = { # Bugfix - remove excommunicated
	id = 123460
	picture = "event_chancellor"
	action_a = {
		effect = { type = remove_trait value = excommunicated }
	}
	action_b = { effect = { type = no_effect } }
}
Select the character you want to remove it from, and type charevent 123460 in the console.

Where do you put that snippet? Into which file?

jordarkelf said:
Rob: in any existing event file. Or in a new event file, but then you must also add its filename to db\events.txt.

Ta.

If anyone interested, good sites for bishophorics in the England 1066 scenario would be:

Arch. B Canterbury (Kent)
Arch. B York
Arch B. Winchester (Hereford)
B. Durham
B. Lincoln

I usually have these in conjunction with some legislation that tithes them of troops for my armies. Which usually results in huge demesne regiments! Very useful for crusading and/or putting down the inevitable rebellions.

Last edited:
Ok. eventually I understood how it works, but what it is good for? I excommunicated some of my rivals (counts and dukes) then I conquered them (one of them was a heretic also), but it seems that it spoils my reputation in the same manner. But it definitely worth it to excommunicate a king but the Pope have not enought prestige. It seems like it is a hopeless situation.

Ok. eventually I understood how it works, but what it is good for? I excommunicated some of my rivals (counts and dukes) then I conquered them (one of them was a heretic also), but it seems that it spoils my reputation in the same manner. But it definitely worth it to excommunicate a king but the Pope have not enought prestige. It seems like it is a hopeless situation.

The reason for excommunication is not that you lose less reputation if you conquer them. You get that from conquering provinces regardless if the ruler is christian, excommunicated or muslim.
The reason is that laying claim to titles of rulers who are excommunicated is much cheaper in prestige cost than otherwise - up to 1 / 10th of the normal cost.
If you want a better reputation then release some provinces as vassals, relinquish some claims if you get the approbiate event and get your piety up so that your reputation slowly becomes better.

So their is a close tie between the piety and the reputation in this game and you restoring you reputation quicker with high piety. Am I right? What is the point of piety anyway? I thought I just gaining it for the sake of Pope's controlling.

Last edited:
The higher your piety the faster your reputation improves. Other then that, negative piety will make your bishopvassals a lit less loyal, positive piety will make them a bit more loyal. Piety also serves as a trigger and modifiers for a lot of events.

And like I already said in post #15, don't do threadnecromancing.

This thread was already gone from the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.