Closed Thread

Thread: Revoke Excommunication Problem?

Emperor of the East Justinian_A's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Revoke Excommunication Problem?

I have no idea if this is a new change in DV or a bug, but it is annoying the heck out of me.

My ruler's grandson (and thus 2nd in line to the throne) is the Duke of Brittany. He was excommunicated by the King of Sweden. So, I went crusading, racked up a bunch of piety, and when the Pope died, a bishop friend of my ruler got the Papal spot. I became Papal Controller. Problem is...I cannot revoke the excommunication on my ruler's grandson. If I select the option, and select him, no button comes up to revoke excommunication. It's not like it is even greyed out - it is just not there at all. All there is is a back button, which obviously doesn't do it.

Any ideas?
    "There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America."

- Otto von Bismarck

Crusader Kings Character Traits - Lustful, Generous, Proud, Suspicious, Lazy, Sceptical, Heretic, Flamboyant Schemer

Yeah, it's a reported bug.
    Closed the Gates of Hell by filling it with cows!
    "You get what you pay for" simply does not apply to computer games.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition

Ahh....well, that sucks. Hopefully a patch will fix it.
    "There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America."

- Otto von Bismarck

Crusader Kings Character Traits - Lustful, Generous, Proud, Suspicious, Lazy, Sceptical, Heretic, Flamboyant Schemer

Byzantophile 1st Class Pellucid's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian_A
    Ahh....well, that sucks. Hopefully a patch will fix it.
    You can always go into the save file in the meantime.

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Or use an event to clear it.
    Code:
    character_event = { # Bugfix - remove excommunicated
    	id = 123460
    	picture = "event_chancellor"
    	action_a = {
    		effect = { type = remove_trait value = excommunicated }
    	}
    	action_b = { effect = { type = no_effect } }
    }
    Select the character you want to remove it from, and type charevent 123460 in the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellucid
    You can always go into the save file in the meantime.
    Yeah, that's actually what I did. Still, it makes striving to become PC less important if it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks for the tip Jordarkelf, I'll use that until it is hopefully fixed.

- Otto von Bismarck

I said ink, not drink! Rob de Hard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

Becoming PC is very easy ..

Just create min. 2 archbishophorics and 2-3 bishophorics.

500+ piety. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf
    Or use an event to clear it.
    Code:
    character_event = { # Bugfix - remove excommunicated
    	id = 123460
    	picture = "event_chancellor"
    	action_a = {
    		effect = { type = remove_trait value = excommunicated }
    	}
    	action_b = { effect = { type = no_effect } }
    }
    Select the character you want to remove it from, and type charevent 123460 in the console.
    Where do you put that snippet? Into which file?

80 games registered

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Rob: in any existing event file. Or in a new event file, but then you must also add its filename to db\events.txt.

Deus Vult

*bump*

thanks.

edit: hmm. "cannot happen. trigger unsatisfied"
    Last edited by saskganesh; 18-11-2007 at 21:03.

80 games registered

Normal, there is no trigger.
    It will work though -- as long as it is launched from the console. Just ignore the warning.

Deus Vult

we work. I must have missed the space in the cmd. thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf
    Rob: in any existing event file. Or in a new event file, but then you must also add its filename to db\events.txt.
    Ta.

If anyone interested, good sites for bishophorics in the England 1066 scenario would be:

Arch. B Canterbury (Kent)
    Arch. B York
    Arch B. Winchester (Hereford)
    B. Durham
    B. Lincoln

I usually have these in conjunction with some legislation that tithes them of troops for my armies. Which usually results in huge demesne regiments! Very useful for crusading and/or putting down the inevitable rebellions.
    Last edited by Rob de Hard; 19-11-2007 at 14:17.

Krasnoyarskaya Str. h. 31, apartment 3,Chita 672010 Russia
    Are their any problems with excommunication now? I don't want to excommunicate or revoke excommunication via the console.

Ordnung mu sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Are their any problems with excommunication now? I don't want to excommunicate or revoke excommunication via the console.
    Not that I know

And please don't post in old threads like this. It is not allowed.

Ok. eventually I understood how it works, but what it is good for? I excommunicated some of my rivals (counts and dukes) then I conquered them (one of them was a heretic also), but it seems that it spoils my reputation in the same manner. But it definitely worth it to excommunicate a king but the Pope have not enought prestige. It seems like it is a hopeless situation.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionThe Kings Crusade
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Ok. eventually I understood how it works, but what it is good for? I excommunicated some of my rivals (counts and dukes) then I conquered them (one of them was a heretic also), but it seems that it spoils my reputation in the same manner. But it definitely worth it to excommunicate a king but the Pope have not enought prestige. It seems like it is a hopeless situation.
    The reason for excommunication is not that you lose less reputation if you conquer them. You get that from conquering provinces regardless if the ruler is christian, excommunicated or muslim.
    The reason is that laying claim to titles of rulers who are excommunicated is much cheaper in prestige cost than otherwise - up to 1 / 10th of the normal cost.
    If you want a better reputation then release some provinces as vassals, relinquish some claims if you get the approbiate event and get your piety up so that your reputation slowly becomes better.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Hoi1 Resistance

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du ct des grands bataillons, mais est du ct de ceux qui tirent mieux"

So their is a close tie between the piety and the reputation in this game and you restoring you reputation quicker with high piety. Am I right? What is the point of piety anyway? I thought I just gaining it for the sake of Pope's controlling.
    Last edited by Nosferatu; 11-09-2012 at 08:52.

77 games registered

The higher your piety the faster your reputation improves. Other then that, negative piety will make your bishopvassals a lit less loyal, positive piety will make them a bit more loyal. Piety also serves as a trigger and modifiers for a lot of events.

77 games registered

And like I already said in post #15, don't do threadnecromancing.

This thread was already gone from the first page.

Closed Thread