Well, its good to be back, after my... 3? day absence As some of you will know, I lost the save file for my previous Fern AAR, so i have decided to make another.
This time, i will not be tinkering with the game editor, as i believe that is what stuffed up my original AAR game. Also, updates may be slow, but 1) I have exams that finish on monday, so i should be able to post more after that, 2)I may be getting a fulltime job *fingers crossed*, so posts may be limited after that as well, and tri) finally, it is with regret that i say if this AAR continues until the 12th of December (which is a fairly dubious proposition) it shall be on hold until February, as I shall be returning to Auckland (anyone from there may know a small village on the way to Thames that has a ice cream shop in the shape of a castle and is named Mangatawhiri...) soooo as we live in a decidedly rural area, no broadband internet, which i neeeeeed, OR, i am shocked to say, no HOI, DD or arma, so by Feb I will be in withdrawl and will be raaaring (see what i did there?) to go
Alright, onwards ho!!
Im not sure if I will repost everything that I said previously, but If you want to know what I have done initially, go to For the Fern! part one, and check out what happened there. I may just start posting pictures at the start of 1939, to avoid repeating myself, and that is when i think the most change will be seen from part one.
As I intend to be a bit different in this one, some slightly changed aims:
1) I will still be conquering Italy, they deserve it.
2) I WILL NOT be looking for a base in Nth Africa, as I think having Benghazi and Tobruk will only lead to my allies leeching from me by basing ships in my naval ports. This may not happen, but better safe than sorry.
3) I WILL NOT be aiming for the freed surrender monkey nation of Vichy. Instead, once I get Italy, i will fortify that border sky high and put garrisons in place to defend from the inevitable German takeover.
4) Again, I will create a CAS armada and ground attack like never before
5) I will be creating some semblence of a navy, and will begin my looking at battle cruisers, as they are not cruisers, not battleships, but BATTLECRUISERS!, and as THUS are more able to defend better than cruisers, but cheaper and more easily researched than battleships.
6) I will be focussing more on getting IC so that I may get more teccys. ( I had four in part one! why oh why did you leave me??)
7) I will be naming NZ divisions after something to do with New Zealand, but standards may slip, as I begin to forget what makes NZ NZ, so any ideas for division names would be appreciated. Same goes for mythological names for my navy
At this point, i believe i am only up to April 1936, as something went wrong and I only just managed to un/re install everything this morning.
Also, i have now got GIF on top of SKIF, so my pictures will be more prettier!!
Right enough of this, now i shall attempt to put in a link for part one without stuffing it up too badly (I know i will)
For the Fern! Part Uno!
WOOT i think i did it!!
Also, if anyone, anyone at all, has any ideas, or suggestions for how/what i should do in this, let me know.
ALSO ALSO, game details are
Difficulty: Norm/norm (i think)
Tech Team on
IC takeover on
Democracy can declare war (hehehe surprise!!)
Think thats about it