+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NAx 2.1 tweak micro-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Oorlog
    I want it to fire for both the player and the ai. So i need AND inserted?
    and thanks for the explanation.
    with the OR = {} in my example, that modifier will fire for any nation that is a player or any nation that is a AI (which is every nation in the game). If you do not have the OR = {}, then that modifier will require nations to have BOTH the player and AI flags, which is impossible in MMG (or at least not intended). you do not need a AND = {}.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    Me too, I am a bit confused. What do I have to change to apply your mod's changes to MMG?
    I will describe MMG 1.70 (31/10/2007) instructions here:

1. place my fix.csv file in EU3\mod\MagnaMundi Gold\localisation folder.
    2. from my triggered_modifiers.txt file, copy all of the lines of code AFTER this comment:
    Code:
    ######################################
    # troop/tech level fixes
    and paste it inside the EU3\mod\MagnaMundi Gold\common\triggered_modifiers.txt file (at the very end).
    3. inside the EU3\mod\MagnaMundi Gold\common\triggered_modifiers.txt file, change this:
    Code:
    fix_player = {
    	trigger = {
    		num_of_cities = 1 #fires for both AI and Player
    	}
    	technology_cost = -0.35
    }
    to this:
    Code:
    fix_player = {
    	trigger = {
    		NOT = { ai = yes }
    	}
    	technology_cost = -0.35
    }
    This will make it so that only the player gets this -35% tech cost reduction. MMG already has AI tech cost reductions so that is why this needs to only be for the player.
    Last edited by Darken; 10-01-2008 at 22:28.

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Thanks...

However, AI are labeled as "ai1" to "ai5" in the MMG triggered modifiers file.

Shouldn't I change your labels from "fix_ai_number" to "fix_ai#" instead?
    I used to be a King of England like you. Then I took an arrow in the eye...

Thanks...

However, AI are labeled as "ai1" to "ai5" in the MMG triggered modifiers file.

Shouldn't I change your labels from "fix_ai_number" to "fix_ai#" instead?
    the labels should remain how they are once you follow the steps for MMG installation. The fix.csv and one of the MMG *.csv files are where the labels are declared to the game engine. If the labels in triggered_modifiers.txt are changed without changing the labels in the *.csv files, there can be game crashes or other problems. It realy does not matter how the labels are spelled in the triggered_modifiers.txt file as long as the labels match exactly in the *.csv files. I think spaces cannot be used so instead of spaces use _.

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Gotcha. Thanks.
    You're welcome.

let me know if my fix needs to be adjusted for MMG, I do not play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darken
    well, If you already have a triggered_modifier.txt file before wanting to install the 2.1 tweak then you need to copy the last 4 lines (fixes) of my triggered_modifier.txt update (nov 3rd) and paste them inside your already existing triggered_modifiers.txt file.
    Yet you earlier wrote:

1.copy the last four modifiers from my fix file and paste them into the existing mod triggered_modifiers.txt file in the mod/mod name/common folder.

This seems to imply that the last 4 lines to be copied come from your fix.csv file. Yet the quote I gave from you, says that the 4 lines come from your triggered_modifiers.txt file. Which is it, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertouch
    Yet you earlier wrote:

1.copy the last four modifiers from my fix file and paste them into the existing mod triggered_modifiers.txt file in the mod/mod name/common folder.

This seems to imply that the last 4 lines to be copied come from your fix.csv file. Yet the quote I gave from you, says that the 4 lines come from your triggered_modifiers.txt file. Which is it, please?
    I must have made a mistake then. sorry. no text should be copied from the fix.csv file. Only text from my triggered_modifiers.txt file (last four modifiers) should be added to your existing triggered_modifiers.txt file if you have one.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

with the OR = {} in my example, that modifier will fire for any nation that is a player or any nation that is a AI (which is every nation in the game). If you do not have the OR = {}, then that modifier will require nations to have BOTH the player and AI flags, which is impossible in MMG (or at least not intended). you do not need a AND = {}.
    Thanks for enlightening me!

I must have made a mistake then. sorry. no text should be copied from the fix.csv file. Only text from my triggered_modifiers.txt file (last four modifiers) should be added to your existing triggered_modifiers.txt file if you have one.
    So the only part to copy from the triggered_modifiers.txt file of yours is the part beneath "# troop/tech level fixes," correct? I just want to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oorlog
    Thanks for enlightening me!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertouch
    So the only part to copy from the triggered_modifiers.txt file of yours is the part beneath "# troop/tech level fixes," correct? I just want to be sure.
    That is corrrect.

Darken - I was wondering if its possible to edit this micro-mod to just fix the "Low Technology levels" problem.

I quite enjoy the challenge of fighting huge AI armies/navies...

In this case would I just need to get rid of the triggered events at the bottom of the triggered_events.txt file that don't relate to low tech? Can I leave the fix.csv as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobaryn
    Darken - I was wondering if its possible to edit this micro-mod to just fix the "Low Technology levels" problem.

I quite enjoy the challenge of fighting huge AI armies/navies...

In this case would I just need to get rid of the triggered events at the bottom of the triggered_events.txt file that don't relate to low tech? Can I leave the fix.csv as it is?
    you are right but let me explain it so you have no doubts.

1. keep fix.csv as it is. there is no need to change it even if you remove most of the triggered_modifiers.txt additions that I added. This will not crash or harm your game.

2. change this portion of the mod/modname/common/triggered_modifiers.txt:
    Code:
    # troop/tech level fixes
    fix_ai_four = {
    	trigger = {
    		ai = yes
    		num_of_cities = 75
    	}
    	land_forcelimit_modifier = -0.6
    	naval_morale = -0.2
    	ship_recruit_speed = 0.3
    	bigship_cost = 0.4
    	lightship_cost = 0.4
    }

fix_ai_three = {
    	trigger = {
    		ai = yes
    		num_of_cities = 50
    	}
    	land_forcelimit_modifier = -0.6
    	naval_morale = -0.3
    	ship_recruit_speed = 0.4
    	bigship_cost = 0.7
    	lightship_cost = 0.7
    }

fix_ai_two = {
    	trigger = {
    		ai = yes
    		num_of_cities = 25
    	}
    	land_forcelimit_modifier = -0.2
    	naval_morale = -0.3
    	ship_recruit_speed = 0.5
    	bigship_cost = 0.7
    	lightship_cost = 0.7
    }

fix_player = {
    	trigger = {
    	}
    	technology_cost = -0.35
    }
    to this: (remove all 3 AI modifiers leaving this code)
    Code:
    # troop/tech level fixes
    fix_player = {
    	trigger = {
    	}
    	technology_cost = -0.35
    }

As I only play my mod, I am not sure if inflation needs to be adressed in this fix because in my mod AI inflation is fine. Does anyone think the AI inflation needs to be changed and if so, how much should it be changed?

does anyone think any other ideas or changes should be made for this fix?

well, with this enlightening post from Johan, I must now humbly make some statements here.

I should have realized that there was a AI troop and ship size goal. the only reason my forcelimit reductions work is because the AI does have goals.

the good news is that my fix does not need to be adjusted as long as players try to keep within thier forcelimits because that is where I based my AI adjustments (I assumed players would keep at or below thier forcelimits).

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Can i add this fix as a downloadable patch for MEIOU:NA please ?
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Quote Originally Posted by gigau
    Can i add this fix as a downloadable patch for MEIOU:NA please ?
    yes, feel free to use it. You have let me use your ideas before and helped me before. Glad to be able to help you.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There were no installation instructions for having the files in a mod by themselves. I didnt want to replace my original files and i didnt want to use any other mods.

So would this work?

NAX.mod file with this contents
    Code:
    name = "NAX"
    extend = "localization"
    extend = "common"
    this goes in the mod folder and then you put the fix and triggeredmodifiers files in the appropriate folder being europauniversalisIII/mod/NAX/
    The Hermster conquers all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes
    There were no installation instructions for having the files in a mod by themselves. I didnt want to replace my original files and i didnt want to use any other mods.

So would this work?

NAX.mod file with this contents
    Code:
    name = "NAX"
    extend = "localization"
    extend = "common"
    this goes in the mod folder and then you put the fix and triggeredmodifiers files in the appropriate folder being europauniversalisIII/mod/NAX/
    yes, this will work. make sure you keep the same NAX/common and NAX/localisation file structure. make sure you use this spelling instead: (unless you use a different language of the game?) extend = "localisation"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thanks for the quick answer.

Its localisation yes. I copied the folder name from your first post so you might want to change that.
    The Hermster conquers all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast