• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(26437)

Recruit
Mar 3, 2004
I don't know if this has already been dealt with, but here’s my situation. My brother and I are both running version 2.01 while playing LAN. Randomly, his research doesn't progress and becomes stuck. It still drains research points and the progress bar gets to 100%, however, it gets stuck in a loop and repeats the research process. All of our efforts to stop this problem have been unsuccessful. I don't know if this information matters, but he was Mexico and researching Iron Mussel Loading Artillery. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
SkipJaspers said:
I don't know if this has already been dealt with, but here’s my situation. My brother and I are both running version 2.01 while playing LAN. Randomly, his research doesn't progress and becomes stuck. It still drains research points and the progress bar gets to 100%, however, it gets stuck in a loop and repeats the research process. All of our efforts to stop this problem have been unsuccessful. I don't know if this information matters, but he was Mexico and researching Iron Mussel Loading Artillery. Any help is appreciated.

Repeating the research project again and again is a multiplayer game problem related to lag. When playing mp game, never click anything twice, if something doesn't seem to happen at first. Wait a few days before clicking again, if the process didn't start at the first time.

It is annoying but usual problem for new Victoria multiplayers. Many people start clicking research button again and again when the research doesn't seem to start.

You can delete the progress of the looping tech by deleting the following lines, which will be found in the save file, below your country's core provs, techs and inventions:

Code:
application = { 
id = { type = 4720 id = 104280 } 
project = { type = 17 id = 1003 } 
date = { year = 1874 month = august day = 28 } 
cost = 9 
progress = 0.194 
status = "halted" 
}

It wont be those exact lines, but it will be similar. Just delete the application code and you should then not be researching anything anymore.