• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, there's a light tank and a medium tank sprite for Germany, the first two in the preview pic. Do you get them? Light tanks should upgrade to medium ones during the game, so you should see mainly the medium tank sprite later in the game. Heavy tanks are only brigades which can't have own sprites.

BeBro said:
Well, there's a light tank and a medium tank sprite for Germany, the first two in the preview pic. Do you get them? Light tanks should upgrade to medium ones during the game, so you should see mainly the medium tank sprite later in the game. Heavy tanks are only brigades which can't have own sprites.

Thanks, yes with heavy i meant the othe model. But still, starting in 36 campain you can see light and medium tanks, as germany, 3 div of light type I and th first mediums are type II and the graphic is the same.
Maybe later in the game?

I didn't play for a while, but aren't all the tanks you have in 36 light tanks? Or do you mean newly built tanks? Here any level of medium tank should indeed display the medium tank sprite as shown in the preview. I never had a problem with it. Did you install anything after adding the sprite pack?

If you for example installed a patch or another mod it could have made some changes. In this case I'd just install the sprites again.

BeBro said:
I didn't play for a while, but aren't all the tanks you have in 36 light tanks? Or do you mean newly built tanks? Here any level of medium tank should indeed display the medium tank sprite as shown in the preview. I never had a problem with it. Did you install anything after adding the sprite pack?

If you for example installed a patch or another mod it could have made some changes. In this case I'd just install the sprites again.

Ok, understood.

That might be the problem almost sure.
Thanks,

BeBro said:
This mod changes unit sprites for tanks and mech. infantry for HOI2 Doomsday (DD) and Doomsday Armageddon (DDA). The zip contains my previously released Mec sprites in updated versions, new sprites for Arm for the major nations, and additional sprites for L-Arm for Germany and the Soviet Union (I only made L-Arm for those two since they are more "tank-heavy"). Mecs remain the same without additions, but I fixed some probs with them (unwanted pixels), and the UK Mec got a new camo pattern.

Download:
1) http://rapidshare.com/files/62740177/Land_v1.zip.html
2) http://www.modhoi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=37
(zipped ca. 3,7Mb, unzipped ca. 59Mb)

Installation:

- After unzipping, it should create a folder called "gfx" under land_v1. Simply drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the neccessary destination from there, so you should be ready to play then. Be aware that these files will overwite all of P'dox original Arm sprites

Preview:

Animated example (UK Crusader tank move anim):

Models (Arm/Mec/L-Arm):

Sov: T34/76, ZiS42, T26
Ger: P IV D, SdKfz 251, P II
UK: Crusader Mk. II, Universal Carrier
US: M4A3 Sherman, M3/5
Fra: Somua S35
Ita: Carro Armato M13/40
Jap: Type 97 Chi-Ha

The T26 is also made into the generic MIN tank, since it's a license-built version of the widely used Vickers E type.

As always, feedback is welcome, and please report if there are any problems so that I can fix them.
WOW, I been playing so long with the old mod you made ages ago that I didn't know it was updated until now. I guess I liked the old mod alot. These are so much more realistic animations, compared to vanilla and old version mod.

Excellent work, thanks

Unfortunately, it seems the links are now dead. :( Is there anyone here who has been able to get a copy of them and would be kind enough to upload it to a site again?

Thanks mate. Looking forward to the new sprites. :D

Will you be making ones for Motorized Infantry and Cavalry units too?

Major update available:

Changes v2
- added several sprites for motorized inf displaying trucks like Opel Blitz, Lancia 6ton, Laffly S15 etc.
- added marines for US and Jap displaying amphibious vehicles (LVT-2 and Type 4 Ka-Tsu)
- added mechanized inf for Jap (Type 1 Ho-Ha) and light armor for Ita (Carro Armato L 6/40)
- some sprites re-rendered for better quality or to fix little glitches
- optional: an alternative sprite for the German tank displaying a P V Panther. This needs to be installed separately since many may prefer to use the P IV for the GC 36. To use the Panther you need to overwrite the P IV, just copy the spr files and BMPs into the correct game folders (..\gfx\map\units and ..\gfx\map\units\bmp )

- Note: The mot. inf sprites display trucks in move and stand anims, but the "normal" infantry in combat, since mot inf usually fights dismounted. This means you need to have standard inf sprites installed to make it work.

Download v2:
http://files.filefront.com/13941977

Or:
http://www.filefront.com/13941977/Land_v2.zip

Previews v2:

Animated:

Alternative Ger Arm:

(edit: just noticed the speed is a little off in the preview anims - it's different in the game)

As always, feedback is welcome, and please report if there are any problems so that I can fix them.

(the new stuff has also been edited into the OP)

Last edited:
and one question; can't I use P IV sprite for P IV and older tanks and panther sprite for P V and higher model tanks?

Several people tried or requested this, but noone got this to work for land units. I actually made the Panther only for the reason to test exactly this, but as it stands the game only accepts one sprite for armor and another one for light armor (which however later upgrades to arm), which is a pity. So unfortunately the answer is no.