• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
'm very happy,this links will help me to create sprites,thank's Furstbischof and thank's Swede_Islander ;)

You're welcome! Good luck for your project! :)

i'll write to you here, because you can't receive messages.
you have the time to Help me with mine mod? in need modern sprites, and i don't have civ 3 ..and, also, i dunno how to make it.

you have the time to Help me with mine mod? in need modern sprites, and i don't have civ 3 ..and, also, i dunno how to make it.

I'm inexperienced ,I try to do sprites from CIV3,I need many times to learn
and many patience because it will not easy for me to do it and I must in first
to read and understand how I can do sprites.

I don't know, if you refer to me, but afaik most, like me, have enabled visitor messaging. Drop a few lines and you can expect an answer a few hours/days later. But the better (and faster) way is to write here in the forum, where your question can be seen by many readers. Sometimes you can get an answers just a few minutes later. ;)

A good starting point for getting civ3 sprites is a forum like civfanatics. If you follow this link, you see many ww2 sprites and find further down the page several threads dedicated to newly created civ3 sprites. But if you want to create your own mod and use this civ3 sprites to convert them to HOI2/AOD, you have to ask the modders, who have made the sprites, if you can use them. In most cases this should be no major problem, if you give them the credits they deserve in your mod.

If you want to make/convert your own sprites, you might look closer at some of the above mentioned pages. In the associated forums you can ask questions, if you run into problems. Don't expect that it's easy to learn to make/convert your own sprites! I have never tried to make my own sprites, because I had neither the time nor the perseverence to do it. And if you look closer at some, e.g. brebros, you can see, that most of them are simply a piece of art! Therefore their creators deserve all the praise we can give to them. :)

I'm having trouble downloading the land units pack. every time I click on the link i get directed t filefront and when I click download now on that site it changes and never actually downloads. any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm having trouble downloading the land units pack. every time I click on the link i get directed t filefront and when I click download now on that site it changes and never actually downloads. any ideas?

Hi, i tried it a minute ago and it worked as it should. I have activated javascript and accept cookies, do you, too?

Yup just downloaded and extracted. Tested the game, works fine and looks great. I am now playing with all of the new sprites plus SKIF. I feel like Im playing a whole new game lol
cheers and great work to the people who made this happen.

Major update available:

Changes v2
- added several sprites for motorized inf displaying trucks like Opel Blitz, Lancia 6ton, Laffly S15 etc.
- added marines for US and Jap displaying amphibious vehicles (LVT-2 and Type 4 Ka-Tsu)
- added mechanized inf for Jap (Type 1 Ho-Ha) and light armor for Ita (Carro Armato L 6/40)
- some sprites re-rendered for better quality or to fix little glitches
- optional: an alternative sprite for the German tank displaying a P V Panther. This needs to be installed separately since many may prefer to use the P IV for the GC 36. To use the Panther you need to overwrite the P IV, just copy the spr files and BMPs into the correct game folders (..\gfx\map\units and ..\gfx\map\units\bmp )

- Note: The mot. inf sprites display trucks in move and stand anims, but the "normal" infantry in combat, since mot inf usually fights dismounted. This means you need to have standard inf sprites installed to make it work.

Download v2:
http://files.filefront.com/13941977

Or:
http://www.filefront.com/13941977/Land_v2.zip

Previews v2:

Animated:

Alternative Ger Arm:

(edit: just noticed the speed is a little off in the preview anims - it's different in the game)

As always, feedback is welcome, and please report if there are any problems so that I can fix them.

(the new stuff has also been edited into the OP)

Awesome!!! I didnt realized BeBro, that you did even more for your sprite packs for HoI2. You was the most talented Graphical Modder for HoI2 Sprites.

Will use it for my next AoD game. :) Thanks Mate !!!