+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unit sprites - Arm and Mec

Unit sprites - Arm and Mec

This mod changes unit sprites for tanks and mech. infantry for HOI2 Doomsday (DD) and Doomsday Armageddon (DDA). The zip contains all my previously spritesfor land units new sprites for Arm for the major nations, plus new and updated ones.

Changes v2
    - added several sprites for motorized inf displaying trucks like Opel Blitz, Lancia 6ton, Laffly S15 etc.
    - added marines for US and Jap displaying amphibious vehicles (LVT-2 and Type 4 Ka-Tsu)
    - added mechanized inf for Jap (Type 1 Ho-Ha) and light armor for Ita (Carro Armato L 6/40)
    - some sprites re-rendered for better quality or to fix little glitches
    - optional: an alternative sprite for the German tank displaying a P V Panther (needs to be installed separately since it overwrite the P IV sprite normally used)

- Note: The mot. inf sprites display trucks in move and stand anims, but the "normal" infantry in combat, since mot inf usually fights dismounted. This means you need to have standard inf sprites installed to make it work.

Download v2 (updated 28 Juni 2009):
    http://www.filefront.com/13941977/Land_v2.zip

Installation:

- After unzipping, it should create a folder called "gfx" under land_v2. Simply drop the "gfx" folder in your main DD folder "..\HOI Doomsday", it has a sub-folder structure like the game and therefore all files should be automatically moved to the neccessary destination from there, so you should be ready to play then. Be aware that these files will overwite original sprites, so I recommend to make backups.

Previews v1:

Previews v2:

Animated:

Alternative Ger Arm:

As always, feedback is welcome, and please report if there are any problems so that I can fix them.
    Last edited by BeBro; 30-06-2009 at 13:17.
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

those are some NICE looking tanks...
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Bebro, how do you make those things? Are they 3D models you just render really small?

Exactly, that's how they are made. That makes some nice animations possible which would be otherwise much more difficult to do just with standard 2d gfx software a la Photoshop etc. I use 2d to convert the rendered images into the right format for DD with correct palettes and shadows.

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:

Naval Units

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Ah, I thought so. I used 3D to make my own custom flags. They're not done yet, though, so can't release'em.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

amazing as always BeBro, downloading them now.

I've just installed these and they look great. Any idea what's next?

I was looking for this for a long time, amazing work thanks!

Woohoo! It's Christmas time! Thank you Bebro!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Dąbrowa Górnicza (Zagłębie Dąbrowskie, Poland)
    Those look great I have only one sugestion: please make sprite for garrisons to be different from infantry. If you'll make them, they mast look beautiful

HoI AnthologyDarkest Hour

That is awesome. Great work. Thanks BeBro

I don't like the Sd.Kfz. camouflage, everything else looks awesome.
    Too bad that I'm a counter fan boy.

I can't see the heavy tank, mot and mech models. Theres only 1 model for tanks and mot and mech shows as infantry. What do i need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by zatarra
    I can't see the heavy tank, mot and mech models. Theres only 1 model for tanks and mot and mech shows as infantry. What do i need to do?
    Weird, because I can see them. Did you follow the instructions in the installation.txt file?

Also, there's no motorized sprites in these files, just Tanks and Mechs, unless I'm missing something, that is .

Quote Originally Posted by zatarra
    Mot. is not included, this is only about Arm and Mec, and Mec only for certain countries (see the "models" part in the first post). What nation do you play?

As for the "one model" thing, multiple models don't seem to work for tanks in DD.

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:

Naval Units

Impossible? A Challenge! jorian's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    hi Bebro, nice tanks

i lost your email address, please PM it to me again
    "Maps are cool, everybody loves maps!" - Johan

Quote Originally Posted by BeBro
    Mot. is not included, this is only about Arm and Mec, and Mec only for certain countries (see the "models" part in the first post). What nation do you play?

As for the "one model" thing, multiple models don't seem to work for tanks in DD.
    I'm playing as Germany. I reloaded the game and now all my tanks show as Arm instead of L.Arm. I thought this mod would give each unit a diferent model, that would be great, is there a way to do it in DD?

As Germany, you get one sprite for L-Arm, and one for Arm, and since L-Arm upgrades to Arm after a certain level, L-Arm sprites will vanish then from the map.

You should see Mec sprites as Ger (that is depending how you group them with other units - grouped with Arm in a ratio of 1-1 the game shows Arm for example, a Mec/Mec/Mot corps shows Mec etc., there are lots of different combinations possible).

Sprites for each level or model of Arm are not in this mod, and afaik it doesn't even work for tanks in DD, though I may test it later again, because it's a bit confusing in DD (seems to work for some unit types, like battleships, but not for others).

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:

Naval Units

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

(cheers!) This is something I've been waiting for! No more mod 34 sprite conversions for Arm and LArm!

Europa Universalis 3Semper FiVictoria 2

very good !!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast