• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My, my .. such characters gaining medals for piety, prestige and glory. You think it's the Dark Ages all over again.

Alas the other epic saga from CK I cannot get enough of has come to a close! At least I can continue following my favorite Norse/Serbian/Byzantine misadventures in EU though.

An appropriate ending for the glorious tale of the rather inglorious Crovans! I find it funny - it seems often the most deserving rulers don't get the most prestige... (because rebel stamping delivers tons of prestige, and the good rulers tend to not have as many rebellions as the kinslayers and heretics...)

*sheds tear*

All: it is rather funny. Eadbert and Thurcytel - two of the most inept and useless of the Crovans swept up all the awards. Bard II, Half-Dan, Ossor, even my favorite - Skofte the Heretic - all were left out in the cold.

It is appropriate. I'm waiting for the IN 3.1 patch and taking a breather before I move ahead with AOTCC2 (but I will post here when it begins). If you need a few chuckles during the pause, what with the Knytlings having ended as well, you may want to check out my HOI AAR, it is in a different style than the Crovans, but it seems to be generating positive feedback in the humor department. The link is in my signature.

Of course, thank all of you for reading and posting. Without your encouragement and feedback, I never would have stuck this through 131 episides, and 400 years over the last 10 months.

The 3rd Quarter ACAs Are Here! Vote Early And Often!

Go on over and vote for your favorite writAARs and their Stories. It makes them feel really good to know you appreciate their work.

And make sure to check out some new AARs, there are some great ones up for awards this quarter from some fantastic new authors.

Finally, I never do this, but I noticed that someone had voted for all three of my eligable AARs and that got me to thinking: (1) How do I have 3 eligable AARs? And (2) Even though I can, off the top of my head, think of AARs that are funnier, wittier and far more clever than mine in every catagory, wouldn't it be cool if my otherwise undeserving AARs could win an award in three different games in 1 awards cycle?

The correct answer to that is "Yes, Packer, it would be totally cool and so I shall now pop over to the ACAs and vote for you and you alone."

An acceptable alternative answer: "Screw you Packer. How dare you pimp your cruddy AARs. I shall now go out and hunt down those AARs that are better than yours, read them, and then vote for them just to make sure you lose!"

Another really acceptable option: "Meh. I like (insert name here. Probably phargle)'s AAR better, so I won't vote for yours, but hey it's pretty good so I'll keep reading it"

Either way, here are the three AARs of mine which qualify for voting this cycle:

Kamil Krofta Guesses Wrong, an HOI2 AAR
This is great fun. It follows the wacky mis-adventures of the Czechoslovakian cabinet as they attempt to thwart both Hitler's Germany and the Pocket-Axis. Plus, it features the comedy stylings of beloved radio icon "Fibber McGee!" What more could you want?

How about Daring Conquest, The Return of Christ, Patricide, Regicide, Cannibalism and Boar-Hunting? The Adventures of the Crovan Clan a CK AAR concluded in Q3, wrapping up 400 years of violence, mayhem, murder and confusion in preperation for:

The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2, an EUIII:IN AAR, which also started this cycle and follows the Clan into the Rennaisance. Featuring Geoffrey Chaucer, A Bohemian with a Speech Impediment, Bevan Woodhouse, and a head on collision​

Reactions:
Alfred Packer said:
Skule Half-Dansson Crovan

This is perfect. One of my loyal-yet-stupid vassals has decided that internal warfare just isn’t exciting enough, so he’s decided to bring in other fun countries for us to battle.

By the way, a certain holier-than-thou advisor went to the gallows this morning. No shit we’ve been at war to long. Jerk.

Glad to see this thing is still rolling. Now that poor George Carlin has passed away, this has to be the funniest thing on the planet.

Reactions:
Hilarious, and subscribed.

For a note to myself, I left off at Ossor Erlendsson Crovan Duke of Western Isles of Leinster of Ulster of Meath and of Iceland Ruminations on the early years, 1130-1131 on page 3. Its getting late.

Reactions:
Alfred Packer said:
123-07.jpg

This one I let keep his land, after he pledged undying fealty to the Crovan Crown. Oh, and got pillaged.

I've always thought Yassir is a particularly wonderful name for a vassal!

Reactions:
Left off page 13, Half-Dan “the Man” Gunnarsson Crovan King of All Norway, of Sweden and of Denmark, the Pocket Monarch (not said to his face) Ruminations on the middle years, 1241-1244.

Reactions:
Psst. I hope this isn't spam, because it can't be wrong to feel so right. And what's right? The Chalice, that's what!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395866

A small clutch of wunderbar AARs are up for the chalice, and we're already voting in droves. We can vote in bigger droves. If you love Crusader Kings, then go let your voice be heard, because ours is the best voice in the forums!

Ta!

Reactions:
Following Phargle's signature, I ended up at this AAR. It's been a blast to read, the past week, with too many funny bits to repeat here.

Thanks for writing it, I'll check out the EUIII continuation!

Reactions:
Following Phargle's signature, I ended up at this AAR. It's been a blast to read, the past week, with too many funny bits to repeat here.

Thanks for writing it, I'll check out the EUIII continuation!

Hey thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Obviously, the EU part has to be different in style, but I hope you enjoy it as well!

Reactions: