• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Murmurandus: Hah! I get it!

Snugglie: As much a I wanted to see Skule sit on the throne...this part was played during the dark days when Papal Controllor couldn't have people un-excommunicated. :(

Sokraates: I'm pretty excited about that myself...The Aztecs might reach Spain before the Crovans can reach America

Crusading for Fun and Profit! (is there anything I won't steal? Answer: No!)

Bard II Torbjornsson Crovan

King of Norway and of Serbia

The Middle Years, 1409-1413

121-01.jpg

I was thinking about it and, you know, before I go and send my army off to battle the Turks again for control of Jerusalem, I should probably check and see if there are any more potential heretics right here at home that need stomping.

For example: this Bishop who rules a strategic stretch of the Danube River. I am almost certain I heard him say that the nature of Christ was both “human and divine, united by a miracle” when it is clear that Christ’s nature is both divine and human, united by a holy miracle. The Pope quickly outlawed the heretic.

121-02.jpg

He also gave precedence to my little Crusade over the Jerusalem one.

121-03.jpg

Having killed his peasants and taken his gold, the Bishop saw the error of his ways and pledged fealty to me. Oh, and corrected the wording in his Christology.

I don’t know if the Pope ever got around to un-excommunicating him.

121-04.jpg

I’ve married my daughter into the Irish Crovan Line, which led to a nice trip back to our ancestral home and a visit with the pleasant and somewhat confused Irish King.

I don’t know if Chad was his dog or a son, but I do hope he eventually finds him.

121-05.jpg

And now one of my vassals starts a small war. And I mean small. Like dwarf-tossing against a four year old small.

121-06.jpg

Ten thousand troops should be able to take the Bard II them.

121-07.jpg

It is a shame about the missus dying, but let’s face it, she only managed 1 child and I have a schedule to keep.

121-08.jpg

And the war ends with expected results.

121-09.jpg

Halstein decided to save his soul and a lot of hassle and just pledged himself to me right now.

121-10.jpg

As tempting as it might be to add Onion-boy’s lands to my domain, powerful vassals are really just a pain in the ass.

So, the answers to last episodes questions: Not Yet, No, Unknown. So, not a lot of help here, but then that’s typical. And what about Skule? Can he get himself un-excommunicated? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Bard II Goals play-at-home checklist!
Things to surpass:

1 - Going from Duke to King
2 - Famous Crusader – getting close!
3 - Out-conquer King Half-Dan – complete Episode 119
4 - Father 14 Kids – currently tally: 9 born (6 still living)
5 - Rule longer than 59 Years
6 - Sweet Hair – complete Episode 116
7 – Sweet catchphrase – complete Episode 119

Reactions:
A Contest!

Now, as you know, when I stepped away*, the Crovan's were nearing completion. This episode takes us to 1413. As a thank you for the 4 fans I managed to not totally alienate by stepping away wordlessly, I offer a contest...a "name the sequels" contest.

(Example Ballot - Muppett Movie Theme)
Adventures of the Crovan Clan (CK)
Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: The Crovans Take Manhatten (EUIII)
Adventures of the Crovan Clan 3: The Crovan Christmas Carol (Ricky)
Adventures of the Crovan Clan 4: The Great Crovan Caper (HOI2)

I will commit myself to the winner's title choices, which would have to be better than what I've thought up myself

*New Baby Girl (that's three for those counting at home ages 4, 2, 0) - which is big since the wife and I work together, busy season at work, Rome induced burn-out.

Reactions:
Alfred Packer said:
*New Baby Girl (that's three for those counting at home ages 4, 2, 0) - which is big since the wife and I work together, busy season at work, Rome induced burn-out.

Doing a Bard II Contest yourself I notice... :p :D Congratulations... Three girls... really? You surely have nothing to say at all at home... ;) (I know the drill having two daughters (4 months and 2.5 years)).

Anyway... the title contest... some silly suggestions...

1) The Adventures of the Crovan Clan.
2) The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 2: Hey, look! A Knýtling!
3) The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 3: I'm gonna Ricky your Vicky!
4) The Adventures of the Crovan Clan 4: Is it a bird, is it a plane, no, it's a Crovan!

;)

In honour of the royal origins of the clan and where they subsequently ended up/will convert to EU3 as (all over Europe apparently -- as far away from Norway as they can), my suggestion:

TAOTCC2: Norway?... More Like Snoreway!

I elect not to submit choices for any further sequels as it's more fun to base them on the actual situation arising as you near the end.

A daughter? Wow, that's awesome. Congratulations! Although I assume you and your missus are rather busy now, then. :p

Regarding the titles...

A New Crovan (EUIII)
The Crovan Strikes Back (Vicky)
The Return of the Crovan alt. The Last Crovan (HOI2)

Can you spot the theme? ;)

Three daughters ... we have a hard time handling our one (10m, excessively uses her new "crawling"-superpower) so best of luck two you and your lady. :D

I could come up with some stupid suggestions for the titles but I better wait, think and submit some even stupider ones. Dread my return.

Imitating Gandalf voice: "Double post, be gone!"

And the double post vanishes and is replaced by this text.

A miracle! Oh ... sorry ... A holy miracle.

Haven't caught up in a while... Just did. Congrats on your third bundle of joy!

Here's mine:

Adventures of the Crovan Clan II: Crovan Family Vacation (Colonies!) (EUIII)
Adventures of the Crovan Clan III: Dr. Crovan, I presume? (Ricky)
Adventures of the Crovan Clan IV: Crovankampf! (HOI2)

A special bonus to those who can figure out my inspiration for all three

Dude, its going into EU3! Hooray!

Wow! The contest has drawn a bigger response than I expected! (which was 1), so now I need to think of a way to pick the winner...hmmm.

Murmurandus: wow, congrats on your own little one and good choices...the EUIII one might well prevent spamming of "d00d ur r1ppen off phargle!" (I only speak pidgeon LEET)

jordarkelf: I laughed out loud with "Norway? More like Snoreway!" I also think thats a good point about saving the next titles.

Snugglie: I do see the theme...good old Star Wars...and speaking of old...I'm so old that "A New Hope" confused the hell out of me until I realized that you meant the original Star Wars, which is now Episode 4.

Sokraates: /dread Man...my kids stink. All they had at 10m was the barf on every clean shirt daddy owns super-power.

phargle: These are great...especially the Vicky one!

demokratickid: I'm going to lose the contest within my own contest? Can this day get any more surreal?

phargle: Why yes it can! My rip-off AAR has just been Ripped Off!

General_BT: It sure is...Crovan Ho!

hmm...needs more syllables.

1414-1420, in which Jerusalem is once more not invaded.

Bard II Torbjornsson Crovan

King of Norway and of Serbia

The Middle Years, 1414-1420

122-01.jpg

The Turkish Frank Duke of Champagne, located in a particularly blighted and despoiled portion of Russia and quite far from the fertile French Wine country, has offered fealty to me.

Something tells me The Adventures of the deBlois Clan must make for a particularly depressing read.

122-02.jpg

And now I’ve picked up an Egyptian Vassal. It would seem my modus operendi has leaked out and these little petty lords are bowing to the inevitable.

Suits me fine. I don’t want to wear out the Pope’s Excommunicating Pen too fast anyway.

122-03.jpg

A delegation of Athenian Peasants arrived at court today to complain. Apparently, they find their lives of back-breaking toil somewhat unfulfilling.

I explained to them that they work so hard so that I can live this life of luxury and excess.

Then I had the ringleaders hanged.

122-04.jpg

My new vassal has decided to flex his muscles by attacking a smaller neighbor.

I plan to flex my muscles by stealing his conquest.

122-05.jpg

Which unexpectedly has launched a general European War.

122-06.jpg

Vittorio, Duke of Apuila, has apparently sobered up.

122-07.jpg

The King of Italy also sobered up, but only after I took the Bard II him.

122-08.jpg

And after refusing a messenger a week for what? Years now? I finally gave in and let him join my realm. You can start taking bets on how long before he rebels.

122-09.jpg

And while most would consider that a “Good Thing,” I consider it an act of betrayal so heinous that the only possible reaction is complete and utter overreaction

122-10.jpg

I’ve seized all of his gold and stolen everything of value from his disease-ridden serfs, but I let Audun keep the islands. No one else is willing to live there. Especially now.

So, the answers to last episodes questions: Not Yet, No, Unknown. So, not a lot of help here, but then that’s typical. And what about Skule? Can he get himself un-excommunicated? Does the author think he can really get away with using the exact same "wrap-up" as last episode? Find out on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Bard II Goals play-at-home checklist!
Things to surpass:

1 - Going from Duke to King
2 - Famous Crusader – getting close!
3 - Out-conquer King Half-Dan – complete Episode 119
4 - Father 14 Kids – currently tally: 9 born (6 still living)
5 - Rule longer than 59 Years
6 - Sweet Hair – complete Episode 116
7 – Sweet catchphrase – complete Episode 119

Reactions:
It must be hard not-invading Jerusalem I'm sure... ;) :D

Moving into peaceful Serbia? Balkans = peaceful? It's heresy!!!!!
When we moved in to Balkans they promised us "iron fisted tyrants to whom it's a pleasure to rebel, because nobody else does". And we get crazy Norse to which all Europe rebels like it's some sport. Well if Europe rebels, we are going to go with rule no 1 of being a Serb. Always do the opposite of what's expected of you. We are yours your majesty!

And seriously, previous kings acecencion seems to have been celebrated by a rebel fest of sorts. You know, some people have beer fiestas, some trumpet fiests, and Crovens have rebel fiests. It's like their rebels consider those rebel announcements to be confetti of sorts wioth which you need to shower your king in order to congratulate him on becoming sole ruler of snow, dears, and sometime humans.

I wonder what the peasants were actually trying to accomplish. Intimidation?

Is it just me or has the count of children changed up and down the past three updates?

Also:

YES!!! IT'S BACK!!!

Alfred Packer said:
/dread Man...my kids stink. All they had at 10m was the barf on every clean shirt daddy owns super-power.

... reminds me of the Sick Kid-character in "Bad Day L.A.". :D