• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wulfhere. You will be missed.

Curiously, I note that in passing in a previous update you implied that Thurcytel was vaguely competent. Is there something wrong with the Saxon Crovans? We may have to request a refund from the manufacturer.

Bye, Wulfie...

Welcome, Mr. Unprounouncable... :D

Sokraates: sometimes I think you should be writing this...hilarious as usual

Eams: he was crazy in his own way.

RGB: Too right!

kalenderee: I think they must be illegitimate. Although, Thurcytel has definately got some serious issues (ones that weren't even my fault!)

Murmurandus: and here he is!

1353-1354 100 Episodes! Enough for Syndication!

Thurcytel Wulfheresson Crovan

King of All Norway of Sweden, of Denmark and of Serbia

Ruminations on the early years, 1353-1354

100-01.jpg

Hello, I’m Thurcytel, your new King. Nice to meet you all. I think we’ll all have a really swell time and enjoy the fruits of the realm.

You might have heard some silly, silly rumors about me and I just want to say that you should ignore all that nonsense-talk. Both of my ex-wives fell onto those knives and then hurled themselves down the stairs quite by accident.

Besides, all the other English Dukes were doing it.

100-02.jpg

Soo, it seems Torbjorn the Heretic of the Norse Crovans thinks he should be the King instead of me just because he can grow a manly mustache while I have no chin.

100-03.jpg

Dumb-motor (heh heh) also rebels against me, but I don’t even know where he lives, so whatevs.

100-04.jpg

The Papal Nuncio came by for a visit hinting that the church doesn’t think my wives’ identical accidental deaths were accidents. I told him that I promised, cross my heart, to be an extra good Christian from now on. I think I could actually see the dollar signs in his eyes. Whatevs.

100-05.jpg

Now Athens rebelled, claiming I am unworthy to rule over the ancient birthplace of civilization. Whatevs! You Athenites women-folk were all hot for pale-skinned bulls and the men-folk were slipping cocks to Aesculapius upon request. I think even Englishmen are qualified to rule over these gutter-snipes!

100-06.jpg

There we go. Torbjorn has seen the error of his ways and surrendered. Just to make sure he never forgets, I’ve forced him to marry my daughter Wulfthryth. She is as pretty as her name.

100-07.jpg

As long as the Marshal is there and all, I’m going to have him crush the Sheik of Oxford.

I think it has been a while since a Crovan killed a Moor.

100-08.jpg

I’m really falling for Asta, my new wife (you may remember her…we actually have a lot in common), which means she may not be falling soon (ha! I kill me!)

100-09.jpg

I’ve decided to give my new son-in-law Torbi the new domain of Oxford.

Do you like that? Torbi? I think it is a sweet nickname.

100-10.jpg

Now Trondelag rebelled. I think my brother runs that place. I’m not really sure though. Whatevs, we’ll smash ‘em up anyway.

So. This is Thurcytel. He seems peppy at least. On the plus side, he married a murderer, so maybe his reign will be short and sweet! Join us when the vassals do what the vassals do best on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions:
...Wulfhere must be mildly concerned from his grave. On the plus side, this may be the most murderous combination of Crovan monarchs since Half-Dan ruled alone.

I was also tickled semi-explicably by the bit about the dollar signs and "she is as lovely as her name".

Go, Thurcytel! Narke your wife's asta as much as you like! In the words of the great Valdemar.

Unfortunately, my laptop does not speak Norwegian, so I apologize in advance for the accent or lack thereof.

Haha, this seems like our man! :D Seems to be something of an arse. A true Crovan.

Wulfthryth sounds as though it means Wolf Snarl, so I guess Torbjörn should count himself lucky that oral sex is considered unchristian.
A brilliant (though obviously deranged) new king of Norway!

"I’ve forced him to marry my daughter Wulfthryth. She is as pretty as her name."

Brilliant comedy gold. :)

So this is what happens to a Saxon who is forced to live with Englishmen ... maybe he should have befriended some Moors instead.

I love this guy already. He and his wife are on their way to become the Bonnie and Clyde of the middle ages. You have to have some fun with those rebellious vassals, don't you.

And don't worry for Turcytel's missing chin: he can still keep a stiff upper lip. :D

P.S.: Thanks for the compliment, but I am just a humble readAAR who strives to enrich this wonderful story with comments of encouragement, applause and often times nonsense. ;)

Kelenderee: I know! they are like the perfect storm...unfortunately - since just about every noble in the Kingdom is now a Crovan the Kinslayer trait isn't the boon one might expect.

Snugglie: Good Breeding always shows through

Eams: I really like the whole Saxon branch

General_BT: Thanks!

Murmurandus: He needed a catch-phrase. There just haven't been enough around here.

Sokraates: and rebel they do!

1354-1355

Ruminations on the middle years, 1354-1355

101-01.jpg

First off, I won’t be starting my reign with any losses on the battlefield. I don’t know if any of you have been to Trondelag but “able to support 42,000 Highly Trained and Violent Vikings” is not your first thought.

101-02.jpg

Whatevs Small-Land. I left behind a few guys to take care of you too!

101-03.jpg

Vestland rebelled today also. I am thinking this is Civil War. Since every Rebel is a Crovan, I am thinking killing family members may not be as popular in Norway as it is in England. Whatevs.

101-04.jpg

Norrland sent me notice that they are loyally supporting me in the Civil War by attacking my enemies in Iceland.

I guess they are reading different memos.

101-05.jpg

The Papal Nuncio popped in today to offer the Pope’s complete support for the forces of Peace, Stability and the Traditional Order in the most critical Christian Kingdom in the World.

Ha! But I jest (I kill me). No, the Papal Nuncio is merely here to take advantage of this desperate Civil War to extort large sums of money from me, even if it means bankrupting the realm.

Whatevs Nuncio. The Loansharks will go ahead and front you your money.

101-06.jpg

My men have plundered every piece of Trondelag, capturing the Duke in the process, I let him off the hook after he apologized.

101-07.jpg

*Sigh* I always wondered why dad was so bitchy. Now I get it.

Whatevs Trondelag. My armies haven’t marched that far away.

101-08.jpg

At least the Smallandites have seen the error of their ways.

101-09.jpg

I think this is the end. My bodyguard and I were riding back to Viken Castle when we were ambushed by the Knut Brothers, who were cleverly hiding their armies in Bergenshus Castle.

Okay, so maybe his ambush wasn’t so clever and I shouldn’t have been riding past a major rebel fortress, but really. If I had gone any other way, I would have had to spend the night in Jamtland, and the food they eat there *shudder* death is preferable.

101-10.jpg

Somehow we won. I’m not really sure how, since the numbers don’t add up, but I’ll bet my bravely guarding the baggage train from my ambush spot under a wagon had something to do with it.

I gave myself a medal. It matches my slacks.

Oh joy. More Civil War. Did anyone notice the Knut Brothers were Crovans? So is the Duke of Trondelag. And the Duke of Smaland. Join us next time when Jamtland is punished (and not just for their cuisine) on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions:
At least a Crovan is going to win... or lose... or both... :eek: :D

I best let Korn comment:

"I hate you!
And you hate me!
You know what?
It's all in the family"

Murmurandus: Sometimes it seems they all lose, no matter what.

Jordarkelf: I know! And its not even my fault he has it!

Sokraates: indeed.

Okay, Crovan Clan goes on vacation for a week starting this afternoon. I will try to get a bonus post up later on today, you know, to carry you through the drought, but I am also giving you your regularly scheduled Wednesday and Thursday episodes Right Now!

1355-1357 Can you guess what happens this episode?

Ruminations on the later years, 1355-1357

102-01.jpg

So, it appears my refusal to stay in Jamtland and eat reindeer bladders has offended the Jamtlanders to the point of rebellion. Whatevs, I stand by my decision.

102-02.jpg

My loyal vassals continue to make war on my behalf. Just not with the rebels.

102-03.jpg

Jamtland thinks the plundering I just dished out was a serious punishment. Just wait.

102-04.jpg

Well, you nasty Jamtlanders, meet your new Duke: my darling son Wiglaf the Inbred.

He would be the down-side to marrying my cousin Asta.

102-05.jpg

Now Bjarne of Ostergotland has rebelled. This is getting tedious.

102-06.jpg

You’d think he would have learned something from what happened to Trondelag. You know, after the second rebellion, but whatevs.

102-07.jpg

Speaking of Trondelag, I’m giving that to my other brother Alfwold.

102-08.jpg

*sigh* That’s it. I’m going to take a hot mud bath and get a cucumber facial. I’ll see you guys later.

102-09.jpg

Hello? Anyone in here? (sounds of shuffling paper). Um? Your Majesty? *cough* well. Ostergotland has been recaptured. Hello?

Huh. I guess I’ll just leave the memo on the table.

102-10.jpg

(Boldly striding in – a sheet of parchment held up) Ta tha moost Dishonorable Kyng Thurceeetall, ferm his Irish soobjects.

Wae Hereby Declare ya depooosed fer yer crrrrimes agoon tha Paepul an God.

(looks around for effect)

Tha devil? Whar be ye ya Mooost Dishonorable Kyng? Halloo? Ah crap.

(dropping proclamation in disgust before walking out)

Well this was a waste of time. For the billionth time, the AAR degenerates into Civil War. The Author is clearly incompetent at this game! Join us next time, assuming King Thurcytel comes back from his mud bath when treachery continues on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions:
1358-1360 If you guessed "The King dies" - you were wrong..he dies in this episode

Ruminations on the final years, 1358-1360

103-01.jpg

My Spymaster just deserted me. I don’t know. This is starting to wear me out. My hair is thinning. My eyes are baggy all the time.

103-02.jpg

Now Torbi has joined the rebels. I mean, didn’t I start my reign fighting him?

103-03.jpg

And Smaland too. It’s like, in six years nothing has changed.

103-04.jpg

The Bishop even left. I expected the Church to hang around at least, you know for the extortion possibilities.

103-05.jpg

Uppland rebels again. Seriously. This place is horrible. I mean, there is no one in this God-forsaken land I can trust.

103-06.jpg

See what I mean?

103-07.jpg

Even the Balkan lands, so quiet and peaceful, have started rising up against me.

103-08.jpg

Oh yes, and in case I wasn’t clear enough: that rebelling Duke in Trondelag: another of my brothers. This whole reign is on repeat!

Maybe I can match my successes on the battlefield from the early years. I will march on my jerk-brother myself…once I take care of those guys in Uppland.

103-09.jpg

UPPLAND – Tragedy has struck Norway today as King Thurcytel was speared to death by raiders while he bravely guarded the underside of a supply wagon during the otherwise victorious Battle of Uppland. Okay, so maybe it’s not really a tragedy, since he was a wife-murdering villain. He is survived, miraculously, by his equally murderous third wife Asta and several children. Most prominent among them being Eadburt, heir to the throne, Alfred who is in charge in the Balkans, and Wigulf the Inbred who is building the same level of trust and love in Jamtland that his father built throughout the rest of Norway.

So things come full circle and Thurcytel’s reign is wasted in endless civil war. Will his son Eadbert learn anything from his father’s debacle? Well, yes. Find out what he does on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions:
Incest? Well, that's a whole new can of worms. A sublime update, as ever. Your incompetence is as delightful as a cucumber facial :p

To incompentence one can get used to but really cucumber facials are too much to handle!! :mad: :D

Oh, and let's see the imcompentenceness of our next Crovan before we throw in the botox and such... ;)