• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1318-1324

Skule Half-Dansson Crovan

King of All Norway of Sweden and of Denmark

Thoughts on his reign – the latter-latter years, 1318 – 1324

83-01.jpg

Another hot young lady requested a little Skule-Time.

The chicks still dig the hair.

It should not surprise you, since I am a walking bag of human fertilizer, that this coupling has also produced a Royal Bastard.

83-02.jpg

The Papal Nuncio stopped by and pointed out that having 8 (maybe 9, I think I've lost count) children by 8 or 9 different women is a sin, no matter how many die or are brutally murdered.

I apologized and went to church once to appease him.

83-03.jpg

The Papal Nuncio didn’t leave like usual though. Instead he stayed around Viken Castle, just kind of making a nuisance of himself.

A few inquires revealed that Mr. Big-Shot Papal Nuncio’s visit might have been prompted more out of homelessness rather than the usual holier-than-thou shenanigans of the Papacy.

I had the washer women chase him out with brooms.

83-04.jpg

As we watched the Papal Nuncio flee on his gilded horse, little Sigurd looked up at me as asked, “Daddy, why are the priests all so fat and rich and ride such nice horses if they are supposed to be helping the starving poor people?”

I looked down at Sigurd. “I don’t see you donating any of your crap kid.”

Then I went back into the castle.

83-05.jpg

The Duke of Uppland, who lives in Aland, and his 1000 retainers just declared war on me, King of Norway and commander of up to 120,000 “loyal” demesne and vassal troops.

He should have tried his luck a few decades ago.

83-06.jpg

At the big War Council, I was meeting with my top vassals when the Knights and Barons of Viken, the home province, made a suggestion.

Apparently, in France and England, the King and his nobles get first crack at all nubile young brides.

I was shocked at first. We can do this? And the Pope is cool with it?

I put the war plans on hold and went scouting the churches for local weddings.

83-07.jpg

The embarrassing part of acknowledging Agnes’ claim isn’t that I’ve produced yet another Bastard. No, it is admitting I slept with Agnes “Man Hands” Oland.

The guys will never let me live that down.

83-08.jpg

And Duke Erik Noforesight of Uppland surrenders.

83-09.jpg

Now the Duke of Bergslagen has rebelled. Well, as long as nothing major happens, I should be able to stamp this all out without too much difficulty.

83-10.jpg

I don’t know who is to blame for this flurry of official dispatches cluttering my desk, but I think it means I’m at war with England again.

Skule’s reign has come full circle as we see rebellious vassals and (maybe) war with England. The author is not even going to comment on his continued debauchery. I mean, the guy is pushing 60! Join us next time as the war with England is resolved and Skule finds a way to stop dealing with rebellious vassals on the next exciting episode of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions:
Oh, and I forgot to mention that since Monday is President's Day and I do not work on President's Day (and also because a significant portion of my wife's family will be at the house this weekend) there may not be an update until Tuesday.

If possible, I will post one tonight or tomorrow to make up for this, but if I cannot, this is the reason why.

I think some English bastards from English wenches may be in order.

Alfred Packer said:
The author is not even going to comment on his continued debauchery. I mean, the guy is pushing 60!

Yep, 60 bastards. :D

Wow, rebellions always happen all at the same time for the Crovans, don't they? :D

Do you have any screens from the rest of the world? I know it will probably be the unrecognisable CK patchwork by now, but I'm interested.

Oh, a jolly good time to come, chaps... :p :D

Chilperic: No kidding, I've never seen so many bastards from a King before!

RGB: I don't know...he'd have to got to England for that...Skule's not a very Englandy kind of guy

Sokraates: Ha!

Sled Dog: I hate that Bard's humour potential will be wasted with an Elmer Fudd voice rather than on such comedic possibilities as these!

Jordarkelf: They sure do...it's crazy. As for screenies of the rest of the world: I will dig up some (I deleted my old saves last week, but I don't think I purged the recylce bin - so I should be able to post some). I can tell you that France is gone, Byzantium is gone and I think the Fatimids are gone. Lithuania is a powerhouse in the east, Apuila still exists and Bohemia dominates central Europe. Germany, Italy and Burgundy take turns appearing, destroying each other and disappearing.

Murmurandus: Indeed there are!

demokratickid: I'm glad you liked it! I hope Bard's reign doesn't scare you off!

1324-1326

Skule Half-Dansson Crovan

Thoughts on his reign – the latter-latter years, 1324 – 1326

84-01.jpg

The problem with the Bergslagen rebels was quickly solved by killing them all and taking their land.

84-02.jpg

So, when Ostergotland rebelled, it only seemed natural to solve this issue the same way.

Plus, there are always so many hookers that march with us. It’s a veritable smorgasbord.

84-03.jpg

NARKE – Today King Skule was found dead in his tent, a tragedy by anyone’s estimation but especially for the Viken “Red Light District,” where King Skule was personally responsible for approximately 34% of earned revenue. While the Royal Surgeons would not have a chance to perform an autopsy for several days, since the army was going to battle against rebels at the time of this report, this reporter has been informed by reliable sources that the cause of death is a “surfeit of whores.”

Good King Skule is survived by around 10-12 known children, each fathered with a different woman. This reporter cannot name them all, but will note that the heir to the Crovan Fortune, Lands and the Kingdom of Norway is Bard the Bastard.

Good King Skule has passed. The author suspects his death was hastened by a program unable to handle another round of Bastard Creating events. At any rate, the lecherous second part of his reign made up for the chaotic first part and it could be said his conquests in bed equaled his father’s on the battle field. The same will not be said of his son on the next exciting episodes of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions:
Aw, sad for Skule to go that way! I was hoping he was going to die of exhaustion after too much bastard-fathering in one day. Funny stuff though. :D

Can't wait to see what kind of a crazy Crovan Bard is. :)

Edit: Ignore my top comment. I read this at 3 AM and thought surfeit meant exactly the opposite of what it does. What a mistake for an English major... anyway, I guess he died just how I'd hoped. ;)

Last edited:
Alfred Packer said:
and it could be said his conquests in bed equaled his father’s on the battle field.

Though the author felt inclined to detail Skule's conquest more vividly and explicitly than he ever did Half-Dan's. This could be telling in regard to the author's disposition or it could simply mean, that Skule's father received half the attention Skule got. :D

Now onwards to Deus Vult!

For one reason or another I read:

some silly reporter said:
NARKE – Today King Skule was found dead with a tent...
:eek:o :D

Bravo! Long live Skule, the guy who didn`t totally dig British Island (including the Ireland where he`s dynasty is originaly from) instead he sticked with the hair.

Skyman: I am glad you found Skule's passing so appropriate...and no worries...I was an English Minor, and you see where that got me!

Sokraates: Indeed, into Deus Vult! And I'll be ignoring the potential implications of the rest of your comment :)

Jordarkelf: Beats me. I just pretend the accents don't exist.

Murmurandus: I should have you edit all my work

cloneof: Well, the chicks did dig the hair!

And now - after almost a 12 hour delay - the debut of King Bard...I just couldn't decide how to proceed with him, but, in the end, since his impediment is canon (and I didn't want to just run screaming away from the AAR), I just plunged on.

1326-1328, well, here goes nothing!

Bard Skulesson Crovan

Wefwections on his weign, 1326 – 1328

85-01.jpg

Gweetings! I am King Bawd! Vwiken Caswul has bween home to Cwovans fowr hundweds of yeawrs.

I think it is time to make a few changes awound hewre. Dis pwace is a dump.

85-02.jpg

Ah, vewy good, no? I wike the wibbon. Spwayshus too.

85-03.jpg

My poowh bwudder got wepe…wep…his awrm fwell off.

85-04.jpg

Den his udda awn fweewel…fweeww…he got no awms an died.

85-05.jpg

I am twying someting no Cwovan has twyed bwefowe.

You may keep youwr wand, Dwuke, swo wong as you pwedge fweawlty again…and give me Vwamwand.

And stwop snickerwing.

85-06.jpg

De Cwont of Smawand jwoined us twoday of his own fwee wiwwlll.

85-07.jpg

A cwertin Cwount decwared waaw on me. He wiww…wiiiwww…weeeeeeewwlllw.

He is in twuble.

85-08.jpg

Pwehaps swix thouswand swoldews. *sigh* wikings.

Swix thouswand wikings wiwwl chwange his mind.

85-09.jpg

The Spwymwaster twold me he stowle the bones of swaint wodewick the wewwwll gwoomed.

I think he his mwocking me.

85-10.jpg

Now the webewell suwwendews!

Oh dear lord! Are we really going to have to deal with nonsense like this for the rest of Bard’s life? Let us all hope it is a short one, because trying to read (and write) his lines will get very tiring over the next exciting episodes of The Adventures of the Crovan Clan!

Reactions: