• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will this stop pledge spam?

Will this mod, by any chance, stop the incessant spamming of [inappropriate] people wanting to become vassals in the first place? I am trying to manage a middle-sized kingdom centered in the Red Sea region, and I am being buried under a constant deluge of random Europeans wanting to join me. They don't get the message no matter how many times I tell them no, and will even send me the same offer multiple times if I try to ignore it. The unending storm of popups is making the game all but unplayable. :wacko:

Will this mod, by any chance, stop the incessant spamming of [inappropriate] people wanting to become vassals in the first place? I am trying to manage a middle-sized kingdom centered in the Red Sea region, and I am being buried under a constant deluge of random Europeans wanting to join me. They don't get the message no matter how many times I tell them no, and will even send me the same offer multiple times if I try to ignore it. The unending storm of popups is making the game all but unplayable. :wacko:

Install the latest beta-patch for DV.

There was a bug in the first version of DV, which caused this behaviour. The bug has been fixed in the betapatch..

Ack. Hope that will change... the current beta is very stable, it should be ported to Mac.

In any case this event will not prevent the problem from occuring, but as it was written to combat it in the first place, it will at least remove illogical vassals after the fact. It's better than doing nothing IMO.

I've enjoyed this mod. But something weird happened. I was King of Ireland with a Gaelic ruler and had a Gaelic count vassal in Scotland who broke away. He was Count of Carrack (sp?). How was this possible? He's the same culture and in a neighbouring region and I had the King of Scotland title as well. Are counts supposed to break away from kings?

Counts don't mind being under kings, so that can't be it. In fact they are even less likely to get the event than dukes.
Was he your rival?

He may also have become independent through other means, for example by having low loyalty.

Uploaded a new version.
New:
-heretics now are counted in the religious checks (heretics don't want to be under non-heretics and vice versa);
-Nubian culture (using the none tag) is now in the Byzantine group. Additionally Nubians accept Arabs and vice versa, since it is very likely a Nubian who survives will convert to this.