• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Besides adding "Ephraïmid" as a dynasty for the ruling Alans (that way they don't have the generic "of Alania"), I've been looking into the Itil province a bit, and IMO it'd be more realistic by 1066 to have the place Jewish but the ruler a Cuman Muslim. Since any 'leader' of it is bound to be non-historical, I put in a unique dynasty, so the starting ruler is a Cuman Muslim named Masgut of Sarighsin (which was built near Itil shortly after the fall of Khazaria).

There's no glorious tiny chance of some Turkic Jews kicking behinds anymore, but I feel it's more accurate. :p

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hmm..

Wild assumption, but since CK II is out, is Jordarkelf still around the modding scene for Paradox? or does he even work for Paradox now?

As I wouldn't mind having a DVIP for CK II :)

Hmm..

Wild assumption, but since CK II is out, is Jordarkelf still around the modding scene for Paradox? or does he even work for Paradox now?

As I wouldn't mind having a DVIP for CK II :)
Still very little free time for modding. I'm working on my own mod for CK2 (not much yet, limited to a bigger Wales like in DVIP Wales, expanded Brittany, and a 4 province Sardinia) but no guarantees I'll be releasing it any time soon.

I also want to release a "final" DVIP for CK at one point since there is stuff in the current version I could improve.

Still very little free time for modding. I'm working on my own mod for CK2 (not much yet, limited to a bigger Wales like in DVIP Wales, expanded Brittany, and a 4 province Sardinia) but no guarantees I'll be releasing it any time soon.

I also want to release a "final" DVIP for CK at one point since there is stuff in the current version I could improve.

If you want to change something for a final version,how about improving the situation of Friedrich of Hohenstaufen?
A few versions of DVIP ago you agreed to move him to Fürstenberg which improves his situation somewhat (because he is supposed to fight for the Duchy of Swabia once Rheinfelden rebels against the Emperor and Fürstenberg is part of Swabia which his former county was not), however I have yet to see a game in which the AI manages to have Friedrich staying loyal to the Emperor and gaining half of the duchy as in history.
Could you perhaps consider having Friedrich start as a friend of Heinrich von Franken the emperor so that when Swabia revolts Friedrich has a larger chance to stay loyal to the emperor and not his duke?

Last edited:
Hello!

I've been digging up things about those people in Hungary, and influenced by my findings, I've made some changes to mostly the 1066 scenario, mostly regarding names and some traits. Firstly, I've expanded the names of Hungarian characters in the appropriate file, and also removed many of them, due to those being rather modern forms, and thus some characters in the 1066 scenario got renamed as well. An example of this is that Géza is no longer a name, and is replaced by Gyécsa and Décse, and their non petitised forms Győ and Décs. The other things were some historical changes to them, and introducing a couple of friendship relations. You might want to take a look into it, and maybe use it, I leave that up to you entirely.

This is the link of the miniscule pack:
http://snk.to/f-ct9er58p

King István I
Dead, but modified nonetheless. His ascension to High/Grand Princedom was a very much illegitime transition of power, because salic law was not indtroduced before the estabilishment of the Kingdom, and his father's and mother's naming him as heir was an arbitary decision, turning succession upside down. He also very much trusted his wife and mother, including the former's foreign routine. He might not have been one of bad intentions, and he is very popular as a King and Saint today, but in the end he ended up pretty much a kinslayer and one under the control of certain people, which resulted in his and his son's very probable assassinations, either by those he trusted, or by those he wrongdoed. I gave his wife the trait deceitful.
http://imageshack.com/a/img841/8789/cedn.png

Ernye Szalók aka Ernye of Clan Szalók =Szalók nembeli Ernye (renamed from Ernyei Szalók)
I am not sure if he was indeed from the Szalók Clan, but one of King Salamon's loyal routine was called Ernye, who along with Vid of Clan Gútkeled died in a losing battle against Géza (aka Gyécsa) and László. He was likely a somewhat talented soldier, and he was doubtlessly loyal and a friend of the King. His traits were changed accordingly, so he can put up a good fight against the pretenders.
http://imageshack.com/a/img4/6556/uyg7.png

Queen Jutta
There is enough to read up about her. In nutshell, her friendship with her husband and his mother is introduced, because when the relationship of those two has cooled down due to governance and policy disagreements, she intervened, resulting in her husband not slapping her mother-in-law, which could have been a rather serious offence.
http://imageshack.com/a/img707/2694/trqm.png

Royal Prince Lampert
Not much is known about him during his brothers' reigns as Kings (before that, he along with László were pleading Duke Boleslaw II for help against King Salamon, for their brother, Gécsa's sake). It is still mentioned though, that he governed his estates in peace, and thus efficiently, furthermore, no mentions of him ever claiming the throne was made. The result of this was I preserving his modest trait, but changing his talent to silver tongue (due to his estate governance lifestyle and his apparent position as steward at the start of the game) and also added the trait amiable.
http://imageshack.com/a/img191/6963/ajq6.png

Royal Prince Dávid
He was a little like Lampert, but with the difference that he was the brother of King Salamon, and was not interested in politics of his relatives at all. He later became a priest and donated large sums of money. So he now received the trait generous and lost arbitary. Furthermode, I did not change him to ecclesiastical education, I left it martial and added romantic trait, which is because he probably will get the event to change it later on, while leaving the possibility that he might not, and could may become a fine soldier. He was not bastard, and wife and children are esclusively 'not known' status instead of 'none', so he might had some, raising his fertility thus was also done by me.
http://imageshack.com/a/img692/1407/p3v4.png

Sheriff of Bács, Vid of Clan Gútkeled =Gútkeled nembeli Vid
Was probably the closest associate of King Salamon, inarguably the person he trusted the most, which actually meant something, considering he did not trust many people to begin with! Vid's preset traits were not changed, because he truly was a Grey Eminence behind the King, deceitful, becaue he kept encouraging him successfully, among many things to make attempts to remove all pretenders, namely Gyécsa and his siblings (however, at the start of the game, the relationships of the Princes and the King are harmonious, so they have no specific friend/rival relations). He thus received the trait loyal, and is a friend to King Salamon. His son, Keled is now a tough soldier, these all done to make a clique which might give them better chances in preventing total state fragmentation, which usually happens in the game. He was actually german from Swabia, but I did not change that due to his estabilished Clan's amalgamation.
http://imageshack.com/a/img818/5837/91ba.png

King Salamon
There is a generous amount of information about his life and death, still many disregard his abilities, particularly as a military leader. He did not trust many people, including her mother later on, so he was quite the opposite of the 'mother-loving tyrant' archetype. He had to face numerous threats to his rule and his life, and is among the few Hungarians Kings of the Árpád Dynasty who was not murdered, but died in a battle. Accounts tell of his life after losing the throne and failing to gain back the throne, how he went abroad to engage himself in military affairs as an adventuring knight, and how he joined a pecheneg chief Tselgou in attempting to capture none other than the city of Constantinople. However after their defeat, and Tselgou's death at the Battle of Chariopolis, he was chased into an abandoned castle near the Danube, where he made his stand and died next day, when he bravely charged out and was cut down along with his routine in the ensuing melee. He is no longer infertile, received boosts to some of his abilities, and also was given the trait valorous. Along with his friendship with the "Marshall" Ernyei, he might now easier become a good soldier as he was historically. There are some legends in Pola about his survival and eventual pious life there, but I did not regard them as facts for changing his traits further, as we all need the historical confrontation with his relatives. He has a rivalrly with now young Nikephoros Synadenos, who upon being defeated only submitted to Gyécse (thus midly suggesting he did not recognize Salamon as his overlord), triggering the great feud between the Árpád relatives, which later resulted in Salamon losing the throne to Gyécsa.
http://imageshack.com/a/img829/5577/oc4k.png

There were other minor changes, mostly regarding names and Ince Balog's father renamed to Altmann von Freidberg Balog and recultured as german. Ilya of Clan Bikács has his abilities improved a bit, but since I do not know anything about him, I've made no further changes.

Last edited:
I am not your bro, and there are working downloads around anyway. I simply don't have the better computer to buy the better game, so why couldn't I assume that there others beside me? Those might one day pick up the mod and do something with it, might. That is good reason enough

Reactions:
IF you ever do so, please tweak the part in DVIP-Addon of Grells Mod Additional kingdoms, where if you conquer these northern african (around tunisia) kingdoms, they just reappaear after a while and take one of your provinces.
That was more or less the only serious bug, but it was most annyoing until i moddified that.
Well i still remember it, so it must have been annoying in some way. ;)

If you are interested, i might have a look at what i did back then. Probably limited the event to one single date or well i don't know, but it was quick and easy.

Could someone tell me now monastic primacy was changed to the female inheritance law in the latest version of DVIP? I would like to mod DVIP so it has monastic primacy again.

fasquardon

Do you mean, "how" instead of "now"?

It's really just a trick. I'm setting monastic_supremacy as an inheritance law, and since this is invalid, the game uses the default rules that would be applied if no law was set, which just happen to be gender-neutral inheritance.
And I've also put it in the inheritance group (group 0) rather than the religious group (group 2).
Then of course I've edited events that set religious or inheritance law to take the missing/new laws into account, and added a new event (in its own file) to help the AI switch to this.

The easiest way to not have female inheritance is to just not use the add-on since I never merged it in the main mod.

If you want to use the rest of the addon but not female inheritance, restore these files to DVIP or vanilla:

\config\law_names.csv
\db\laws.txt
\db\events\\db\events\advances_discovery.txt
\db\events\bastard_events.txt
\db\events\battle_events.txt
\db\events\court_events.txt
\db\events\crusader_events.txt
\db\events\csc_events.txt
\db\events\evil_events.txt
\db\events\Heresy_Events.txt
\db\events\law_events.txt
\db\events\province_power_events.txt
\db\events\provincial_conversion_events.txt

And edit this:
db\events.txt:
comment out: event = "db\events\DVIP_female_inheritance.txt"

And this:
db\events\BOP_smack_events.txt
line 1590: comment out the line 'condition = { type = has_law value = { monastic_supremacy = yes } }'
line 4104: uncomment the line '#condition = { type = has_law value = { monastic_supremacy = yes } }'

Last edited:
Please forgive me doing black magic like bringing back from the death, but has anyone working download for things right here?

Here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-deus-vult-improvement-pack.325865/

edit as of 2022:
Apparently the below edit isn't the case anymore and old links work again.
The links in the opening post of this thread appear to work fine now.

edit (2015):

If you find an old link not working, as this (example):
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202239

then simply change the url as below:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?/threads/202239

Last edited:
Reactions:
IF you ever do so, please tweak the part in DVIP-Addon of Grells Mod Additional kingdoms, where if you conquer these northern african (around tunisia) kingdoms, they just reappaear after a while and take one of your provinces.
That was more or less the only serious bug, but it was most annyoing until i moddified that.
Well i still remember it, so it must have been annoying in some way. ;)

If you are interested, i might have a look at what i did back then. Probably limited the event to one single date or well i don't know, but it was quick and easy.
Not sure if you are still bouncing around the forums, but I would love to know exactly how to fix this. Hate that this specific region is basically broken to being conquered due to this exact issue. If you are around, it would be very much appreciated! :)

Not sure if you are still bouncing around the forums, but I would love to know exactly how to fix this. Hate that this specific region is basically broken to being conquered due to this exact issue. If you are around, it would be very much appreciated! :)

From a quick look, i think all one needs to do is to go into the 'db' folder, open events.txt and add a # in front of the reference
to the file, in this case Grells_Muslim_Kingdom_events.txt.

Code:
# DVIP Addon
# event = "db\events\DVIP_break_free.txt"
event = "db\events\DVIP_female_inheritance.txt"
event = "db\events\DVIP_friend_events.txt"
event = "db\events\DVIP_wiz.txt"
event = "db\events\Grells_events.txt"
# event = "db\events\Grells_Muslim_Kingdom_events.txt"

I also deactivated the break_free events that way, but that is not related to the north african states suddenly showing up.
That was just because i wanted to play a huge empire without hassle, which the break_free events would otherwise prevent.

Last edited:
Reactions:
From a quick look, i think all one needs to do is to go into the 'db' folder, open events.txt and add a # in front of the reference to the file.

Code:
# DVIP Addon
# event = "db\events\DVIP_break_free.txt"
event = "db\events\DVIP_female_inheritance.txt"
event = "db\events\DVIP_friend_events.txt"
event = "db\events\DVIP_wiz.txt"
event = "db\events\Grells_events.txt"
# event = "db\events\Grells_Muslim_Kingdom_events.txt"

I also deactivated the break_free events that way, but that is not related to the north african states suddenly showing up.
That was just because i wanted to play a huge empire without hassle, which the break_free events would otherwise prevent.
This is perfect! Thank you! I am also thinking about removing the break_free event... playing as Brittany, and had a German kinsman breakfree as soon as I landed him. Not a great feeling.

This is perfect! Thank you!
Please report back if it does not work, but as that was all i had changed in my current install of DVIP, i'd think that should indeed do.

I am also thinking about removing the break_free event... playing as Brittany, and had a German kinsman breakfree as soon as I landed him. Not a great feeling.
Sounds very familiar.

In my impression these events make sense if one focuses on roleplay and avoids expansion.
I only rarely manage to do that.
OYsXPRD.gif