• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really am trying to understand what the Sultanate of Rum appearing is aiming to do? 5/5 times so far it just pops up in the middle of Seljuk lands in asia minor and nothing happen for years.

Hi. I am installing BOPACK-DV for this mod and I can't find events_BOP. Where do I find events_BOP?

Reading the BOPACK_DV discussion thread, events_BOP.txt should be a file in one of the two downloads. Once you have extracted the files into your game folder and merged folders as the instructions say, it should end up in Crusader Kings\db.

You then copy and paste the contents of events_BOP.txt onto the end of exents.txt which is in the same folder. I imagine events_BOP.txt can then be deleted.

You don't need an "events_BOPACK.txt" because the regular "events.txt" file has already been updated in the mod download. The only additional bit you have to download is the BOPACK graphics files.

How do I disable the the stat subtracting event that keeps firing for my children? I really hate that event.

e: Oh nevermind, found it. It was at the bottom of DVIP_wiz.txt

Last edited:
How do I disable the the stat subtracting event that keeps firing for my children? I really hate that event.

I second that. With a bit of bad luck that event turns your family into a bunch of drooling idiots (almost as annoying as the one where devotedly loyal vassals break away from one day to the next).

I really am trying to understand what the Sultanate of Rum appearing is aiming to do? 5/5 times so far it just pops up in the middle of Seljuk lands in asia minor and nothing happen for years.

It's so you can vassalize it and become the King of Rum.

Like so.

You worked so hard on that joke didn't you? ;)

Hey!
I have installed DVIP and DVIP Addon, but I'd like to remove Female Inheritance mod and get back Monastic Supremacy. Could you tell me what should I do?
And by the way, this is my first post in the forum, so hello all. :)

Hey!
I have installed DVIP and DVIP Addon, but I'd like to remove Female Inheritance mod and get back Monastic Supremacy. Could you tell me what should I do?
And by the way, this is my first post in the forum, so hello all. :)

Ah that the was the other one I removed.

It's handled as events so just put a # in front of the line that has "db\events\DVIP_female_inheritance.txt"
I also recommend doing that to breakfree because it's a pain in the ass right now.

I plan on (and am actually mid-doing) modding base + dvip + dvip addon events.

I second that. With a bit of bad luck that event turns your family into a bunch of drooling idiots (almost as annoying as the one where devotedly loyal vassals break away from one day to the next).

See above, comment out DVIP_break_free.txt, I did it too because there didn't seem to be rhyme or reason to when it happened despite the best intentions.

On the stat part rather than deleting it altogether I'd recommend just making this a condition:
Code:
condition = { not value = { type = ruler_child } }
condition = { not value = { type = trait value = fosterling } }

That way random courtier breeders don't end up with superhumans but ruler kids don't get smacked down hard with them. I had an heir with 14 DI and 11 ST get smacked down to all sub-7s after he got hit 5x in a row :(

However, gonna try using one of the user_defined traits as a flag so they only get hit once if they get hit then remove that hack, ideally.

Last edited:
does this mod change the culture of santiago and compostela to galician? i think its a little absurd that they start in the castillian culture group, since the "spanification"/"castillianization" of galicia began very late in the game's time period. i think the abolishment/suppression of the galician "foros", the representative institutions of the higher social classes, began with isabel/fernando in the late 15th century