• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will travel to Georgia and Armenia in a few weeks and so I spend my time reading wiki articles on these areas during the middle ages. So I have some proposals about it:

• First, I think it will be more accurate to rename the georgian Bagratids as 'Bagrationi' instead of 'Bagratuni' which designs the Armenian side of the family
  • Second, change sheik of karthli dynastic name into 'of Tbilissi' instead of 'of Tiflis' which refers to the capital name after Russian annexion during the XIXth century

That's all for now, I will come back when I'll get more time ;)

Ciao

Events Misfiring

Few minor glitches I've found, and don't know quite enough to fix it myself...not quickly, anyway.

Some events are displaying "random string not found" in the text box, but the event box is there. I narrowed one down to an event linking with an "event_education" picture, and it has to do to do with a loss of points in stewardship, but I haven't noticed any loss when i click out of the event.

Another similar one has had to do with fertility loss. Has anyone else had these problems? I've crawled and searched, but just come up with that language problem. I've downloaded and reinstalled several times (Gamestop - Complete Edition)...running the newest beta and the DVIP w/ addon and Bopak.

:(

Heya everyone!

I got a question regarding culture change.

I'm playing as the Byzantine Empire and I conquered pretty much all of the original Eastern Empire's lands so far, except for the souther part of Italy.

I've seen several cultures changing into Greek. Namely, Armenian , Serbian and Arab. But I've also noticed that my Georgian culture provinces don't change, ever. I had them in my realm for about 140 years now so atleast one of those events should've popped up by now? Same with the eastern Derbent and Azerbaijan duchies, all of it is Persian (Not sure how that happened?) and just one province Turkish but they haven't changed yet.

Is this intentional or does it take longer than normal for these select few?

Do these provinces border Greek provinces in your demesne? Culture spread only occurs between adjacent demesne provinces, and only to the realm religion.
If your Georgian provinces are not held by Greeks, or if they do not border any Greek provinces, they cannot convert.

The only change I introduced in DVIP with regarding to Asia Minor is that it is much easier for the Turk-Greek change to occur, since otherwise it will be impossible for Anatolia to become Turkish or for the Greeks to conquer it back in the later scenarios.

Just wondering, back in 2009 I said this: "Just wondering, since there seem to be events that prevent every child being a genius, are there events for old people to lose their skills? Like, say, after age 65." Llywelyn considered it a good suggestion, and you considered it interesting. Has anything been done in this direction?

Picking up CK DVIP again

I haven't updated DVIP since June of 2009?

Has there been a major update? Where do I download any updates?

Thanks,

Never mind. I sorted it out. I am looking forward to trying the latest DVIP.

Last edited:
More Kindoms mod added to latest DVIP?

Has the More Kingdoms mod been folded into the latest DVIP?

If not, where can I find this mod? I had it in combination with my last DVIP install from June 2009, but I am not sure how to extract and pull into my ne DVIP Dec 2009 folder.

Thanks,

Has the More Kingdoms mod been folded into the latest DVIP?

If not, where can I find this mod? I had it in combination with my last DVIP install from June 2009, but I am not sure how to extract and pull into my ne DVIP Dec 2009 folder.

Thanks,
The 'More Kingdoms' is now the DVIP Addon. There are a few other mods included in that as well, you can see the thread for a full list.
Enjoy CK-DV :)

Last edited:
??

I know about the validator, afaik none of the errors it finds are critical. DVIP should be stable. The exception is the 1204 scenario in the addon, which is really incomplete (and I do plan to get around to eliminating all the errors -- I didn't have access to the validator before).

CKDV - many bugs (clones, etc)
DVIP 1066 - possible vassalization dukes-king tags - bugs

your current events folder - show:

Database / Events:
*) Added an event that forces a province wealth recalculation if two states exist at the same time (e.g. struggling and rich).
*) Changed stat removal event to only take away 3 points at maximum (a little less harsh)
*) Added some better flavour text for the above event
*) Updated 'no Muslims on the Atlantic' event to latest version
*) Education finishes at 15
*) Changed event 'My lord, shall we burn this building to the ground?' to no longer give inappropriate options to Vikings (Danes and Nores)

I edit Vanilla events "validator", modify education and realm disruption

For example my event education:

character_event = {
id = 10400
picture = "event_education"
trigger = {
condition = { type = gender value = female }
condition = { type = age value = 16}
condition = { type = trait value = ecclesiastical_education }
condition = { type = year value = 1088 }
}
immidiate = {
effect = { type = remove_trait value = ecclesiastical_education }
effect = { type = add_trait value = mastermind_theologian }
effect = { type = set_to_realm_religion }
effect = { type = martial value = -3 }
effect = { type = diplomacy value = -3 }
effect = { type = intrigue value = -3 }
effect = { type = stewardship value = -3 }
}
}

Hi Jordarkelf.

Here is what I can say about some issue with the current DVIP:

First off, I have a completely stable DVIP install from June 2009.

I made a clean CKDV folder, installed the Decmber 2009 DVIP + Addon and all is well.

Then I added the BOPAK as you suggest.

Now I have events fire that say there is a missing link (I think to an image). I am not always sure that these events have the effects that they claim.

Also, I had had events fire that say, for instance, that my King (of Sicily) has become lustful (which is nice due to a lack of heirs) but when I check the character, the lustful trait has not been added.

I also tried to manually fire an event concerning a stweard ending a revolt ( I was experimenting) and that crached the game.

What I did notice when I installed the BOPACK is that when I went to copy the required text into the events.txt file, the BOPACK entries were already there. They must have been put their by DVIP, so I didn't know what to do.

Perhaps BOPACK is already in DVIP? Could that be causing the problems?

Great mod as always and thanks for answering my previous questions.