• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
saskganesh said:
given all that, it probably should not even exist. really, I don't think anyone would miss it.
I would, the Canaries were interesting to play though the beginning was difficult and luck was needed. I think the province's terain should not be a plain but rather a mountain and maybe events could be created that would make them survive longer.

I would, the Canaries were interesting to play though the beginning was difficult and luck was needed. I think the province's terain should not be a plain but rather a mountain and maybe events could be created that would make them survive longer.

maybe fun to play, but I am guessing its largely because of the novelty value. is it good use of a tag, all things considered?

Events + Saves

How do I trigger events manually in DVIP? My game crashed right after I got an bastard legitimised.

I can't get "event 8625" to work, the game doesn't respond to the command "event", or rather gives an error. I was gonna try "character_event 8625" instead, but my laptop blatantly refuses to allow me to type an _ inside the game. I even tried alt codes but it simply wont let me.

I then proceeded to simply editing the savegame to make him legit. But the saves are nowhere to be found. They exist only inside the game it seems. What gives?

CK events are launched by charevent 1234 for character events, and provevent 1234 for province events.

Saves are in the \scenarios\save games\ folder. If you're on Vista or Win7 and have installed the game in Program Files, this may be hidden behind the Virtual Store. Click the 'compatibility settings' button to get to it (and your save files).

I am just checking to make sure that the Kingdoms that you added are still in the game?, I just downloaded this mod after quite a while and loaded it up and the kingdoms mod wasn't in it, though that might be on me as I think I downloaded it in the wrong order. So I am doing a fresh install to check.

Got CK Complete for Mac.

Cannot download the 2.1 beta patch since it uses an .exe file and I use a Mac.

Installed DVIP + add-ons and tried playing as the Count of Bourbon in 1066. Game crashed about every month or so.

Any ideas?

The female inheritance law apparently is unstable on a Mac. Can you try to disable it and see if this helps?

It could also be the break free event or the muslims on atlantic, basically any event with nested checks seems to run unstable.

So if I don't install the DVIP Add-on (with the female inheritance and break free mods) should it work fine?

What do you mean by "the Muslims on the Atlantic"? Is that Grell's emerging kingdoms mod?

I'll try just installing DVIP and not installing the Add-on mods. That's a shame, because the break free mod fixes one of the things I dislike most about vanilla.

Thanks, jor!

No, it's an event I added in the last update.

I honestly don't know how well it works on a Mac as I don't have one, so I'm going by what others told me.

If the vanilla game works for you, just using the DVIP should work as well. The only events included in the main release are relatively simple ones. The addon has the complex stuff.

Installed DVIP but no add-ons. Made it six months (until June) and the game crashed again. Which is not as often as it was crashing with DVIP plus the add-ons, so that seemed to have helped.

Are there any other "nested checks" in DVIP itself that I could try disabling on my own?

What if I just don't install the "events" folder of DVIP?

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but it seems I have resolved the problem by simply not installing DVIP's events.txt (in the db folder) or the events subfolder (also in the db folder). Everything else works fine with vanilla CK+DV. Basically, I get all of the historical flavor added with DVIP but none of the balance that comes from the DVIP events.

I know a little bit about modding, so I'll take a look at the DVIP events and see if I can add those which don't involve nested checks and perhaps ways to modify the nested checks so they do work somehow.

Thanks again to Jor for the help.

That event happens as a way of trying to fix a bug with children's stat balance. The normal range of stat scores is supposed to be from 0-10, with anything above 10 supposed to be indicating especially exceptional talent (like prodigy/genius level).

Unfortunately, with the bug it became real easy for everyone in the game to have scores way over 10, sometimes hitting in the upper 20s. The problem is that when everyone in the game has stat scores this high, the balance of the game gets thrown horribly out of whack. With massive intrigue, you don't need to rely on vassals, with massive stewardship, money never becomes an issue and you can field giant armies, and so on with other problems with the other scores. The event tries to bring the game back into proper balance.

As to female succession, I believe if you enable that inheritance law, your daughters will be able to inherit if you have no legitimate sons.

And no idea what the New Traits Mod is, sorry. ;)
Could someone tell me where i can find this event so i can tone it down as it is very annoying when good heir becomes total retard thanks to this event. I have had this event fire 3 times in two months for same heir. Intrigue went down from 10 to 8 to 4.

Events 9530 and up in db\events\DVIP_wiz.txt.
I recommend you leave them enabled, they do serve a purpose... however if you must chear rather than disabling them I suggest you add the following to the trigger:
condition = { type = ai }
That way, it will still fire for the AI but allow you to cheat.