• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jordarkelf, semisalic consanguinity, traditional custom, ecclesiastic balance; my heir was last son, vassal count. I had this event two times (ruler was same). There were no problems with inheritance before, and after. After second time I loaded, sent 750 gold to Pope and cheat-killed ruler (he was really great, but old, excommunicated and rival to powerfull vassals). That was OK, heir became ruler, game continued.

One more time - sorry for my english... I'm more english-reading, than english-writing :-(

Uh, the Polish king has got two wives -- Elena and Helena -- in the 1178 scenario, one of which is listed as a courtier in the Duchy of Moravia. Just a heads up.

After having played a few games of vanilla DV, I've just installed the latest DVIP and have started a couple new games. A few questions:

1. Is it true that the rate of events you get is dependent on the number of traits you have (especially the events that will add a trait regardless of choice)? It seems like each time I start the game I get an event every couple of months (or weeks) until I have about half a dozen traits. Then the event rate slows down to what I'd seen in vanilla.

2. Is it possible that events are happening but not being reported? Starting as Count of Cornwall in 1066, in my first game, I suddenly got a claim on Penthievre, but there was no explanation anywhere (pop-up or log) as to why. In my second game, on Jan. 6, 1072, my liege William became the Papal controller; on Jan. 7, I was excommunicated. No warning, no pop-up, and as far as I can tell, no reason at all for the excommunication. I have a relation of +89 with him, 100% loyalty, no traits that should prompt this action, and have had no events with William to make him do this. The only thing I can possibly see is that I'm rivals with Hereford and he's friends with William. Besides these examples, in general, I'm noticing things just seem more arbitrary, without explanation.

3. Not exactly a question, but I agree with the poster a few pages up who commented that the BoPack events are unbalanced. They might be fine for kings, but events that add or subtract 100 gold/buildings/traits/etc. without even considering probabilities are excessive for small demesnes. I do like the events themselves, but the consequences are too big (and mandatory).

4. This might be because I was playing with Normal AI aggro before, and have dropped down to Coward/Weakling, but I've noticed that William mobilizes a lot of his troops and keeps them standing around for months. I've never seen leaders do that before.

Last edited:
2) If the AI is the PC then he will excommunicate everyone that he can within his neighbourhood. Regardless of how loyal you are or what traits you have. The AI doesn't need a reason to do this. Your piety was just low enough for the PC to be able to excommunicate you and that is why he did it.

And since this excommunication doesn't happen through an event but through a normal game mechanic you don't get a pop-up.

This is not related to this mod, it happens in any game and is also something that can't be prevented (it is hardcoded).

Fourth Crusade BETA crash

I have installed DVIP and the addon as well. I have no trouble except with the BETA scenario (which I was very excited to see btw)

It crashes when I try to access the marriageable character list (except I was able to access it like 2 months into the scenario) and also now it crashes inevitably on a specific date. Dont have this trouble with any of the other scenarios.

Did I read somewhere about a character issue that means that I need to delete someone out of the savegame file? I can send a savegame if it helps anything.

I have installed DVIP and the addon as well. I have no trouble except with the BETA scenario (which I was very excited to see btw)

It crashes when I try to access the marriageable character list (except I was able to access it like 2 months into the scenario) and also now it crashes inevitably on a specific date. Dont have this trouble with any of the other scenarios.

Did I read somewhere about a character issue that means that I need to delete someone out of the savegame file? I can send a savegame if it helps anything.

In the 1204 Beta, its the ruler and his heir in Galach (spelling?) somewhere near the east Carpathian/west Ukrain region. Im not near my comp at the moment so can not be more exact then that. Basically, they do not have a dynasty tag for them and when an heir is born (aproximatly in 1216/1217 for me) the game crashes. It no longer crashes once I give them a dynasty name. Ive corrected this in my own files but have not uploaded that for Jord to include with the other updates that I did earlier for 1204.

I can't answer for the marriagable character list though.

A headsup to whoever manages the downloads: at some point a trojan snuck into the crusader.exe file in DVIP v2. I'm not entirely sure if it was on my end or somewhere in the upload process, but you might want to give the file a once-over.

(I'm not accusing you of being a sneaky bastard; as I've just demonstrated computers can get contaminated in interesting ways, and if it planted itself in the file somewhere between modification and upload, well....)

It's also possible this was several minor updates ago. It took me quite a long time to do a full scan and notice, after being alerted by some account bumfumblery.

Absolutely impossible.

I have never distributed an exe file with DVIP, and my system has never been infected with a virus or trojan in the first place.

If your copy of crusaders.exe was somehow infected, you picked this up elsewhere. Do not blame me or Paradox for your own system's insecurity.

Hi Jordi, let us know when you do have some time to work on the next release - as usual I've done some modding too since your last release & would like to integrate with yours.

Thanks

The Canary Island were never conquered by any Muslim power. It should remain independent and Pagan in all the scenarios.

given all that, it probably should not even exist. really, I don't think anyone would miss it.

Ideally it should be in the game, but there should be seven provinces or something and the game mechanics should protect it more ... this is practically the Americas after all.

Reason for having them is Jean de Béthencourt, its would be conqueror in the early 15th century.