• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a potential ledger crash in the 1066 scenario if it is opened before the first month ends. To avoid it, do not open the ledger until you're in 1067.
I'm trying to track it down.

//Edit: it appears to be related to completely empty courts, so it should be avoidable if you just wait a single day.

//Edit2: fixed version uploaded.

Last edited:
----
Changelog for DVIP release next

Database / Events:
*) Dynasty #374 now 'de Tosny'
*) Addon: female inheritance event fixed
*) Recreatable Duchy of Achaea now again using the ACHA tag
*) Returned province of Maine to Normandy, moved Eu to Flanders (allows for better historic gameplay)
*) Removed possibility for women to become martial clerics through education
*) Addon: lowered age of education completion to 15. This corresponds to randomly spawned courtiers, and allows for fosterlings to switch religion if they are set to ecclesiastical education (catholic/orthodox switch on demand!)
*) Addon: BoPack 'child unsuited for education tract' events allowed age range changed from 14-16 to 12-15
*) Lowered MTTH of conquest events to see if they now will fire...
*) Changed name of 1204 scenario to 'The Fourth Crusade (1204) - BETA' to reflect unpolished nature of scenario setup

1066:
*) Corrected ownership of Corfu
*) Added second marriage for Sancho Jimenez of La Rioja and corrected birthdate of son
*) Killed Muña Mayor of Castille (died 1032); corrected birthdate of sons, added Gonzalo
*) Married the count of Loon to his wife
*) Added second marriage of Fernan de Castilla
*) Added first marriage of Ramon Berenguer 'el Vell' de Barcelona
*) Removed multiple invented (mostly female) characters
*) Added missing marriages in family tree of count of Tir Eoghain
*) Corrections to Aberffraw family tree
*) Made William Rufus de Normandie a rival of people he'd later have killed
*) Removed 'Sigrid' from Lothian -- not born yet!
*) Corrected age of Ranulf Flambard, made him a bastard (illegitimate son of a priest)
*) Put descendants of Uldred of Northumbria in the 'of Bamburgh' dynasty and removed duplicates
*) Corrected Waltheof count of Northampton's heritage (ties into above), gave claim on Northumberland
*) Gave Eudes ('Odo') de Blois a claim on Troyes (ousted a year before)
*) Roger de Beaumont, known as 'the Bearded', now has a beard
*) Gave Stigand of Canterbury an ecclesiastical education
*) Removed William 'Walcher' to (Upper) Lotharingia and made him French, not in England until 1070. Removed duplicate placed in Northumberland.
*) Changed stats of Robert de Mowbray and put him in his home in Avranches (Montbray)
*) Fixed up the de Tosny / de Stafford dynasty a bit (anyone know who 'Adelise de Tosny' is supposed to be?)
*) Removed fake 'Robert de Brus' and family from ENGL
*) Moved Henry de Ferrers and family to Norfolk and made them Normans
*) Shifted some birthdates of fake characters so they don't all age on the same day, and gave them completed educations (should cut down on CPU load in the first few weeks in-game).
*) Removed inbred from a few characters which should not have this trait
*) Made mother of al-Mu'tasim Emir of Almeria older (can't have had child at 11!)
*) Removed duplicate for Bécc Bairrche of Ulaid
*) Downgraded Vyatichs to a duchy (don't want other pagans to pledge to them)
*) Made Alexios Komnenus and Tatikios friends
*) Achaea now again using the ACHA tag
*) Restored Alexios Komnenos to former court and aged him back up

1187:
*) Made Rhys ap Gruffydd of Deheubath two years younger (1132 vs 1130)
*) Added bastard son of Rhys, Maelgwn

1204 (Addon only):
*) Rulers of Serbia now Serbian
*) Added Joan, bastard daughter of King John of England and wife of below
*) Added Llywellyn the Great as ruler of Gwynned
*) Added Gwenwynwyn of Powys
*) Added remnant of Deheubarth: count Rhys 'Gryg' ap Rhys of Dyfed and bastard brother (vassal of Llywellyn)
*) Removed (probably fake -- 'Einion of Gwynned'?) characters from Wales
*) Added rivalry between the sons of Rhys
*) 'Romania' now called 'Latin Empire' (more common name)
*) Faroya now a county, not a duchy

1337:
*) Duplicate title for Achaea removed from Duck of Calabria, vassals are now tied to CALA tag

Additional changes in DVIP: Wales:
*) 1204: Powys is a duchy of two provinces
*) Gwynned owns three provinces
*) 1204: made Maelgwn ap Rhys count of Ystrad Tywi (vassal of Llywellyn)

Last edited:
Three minor corrections...

1187_scenario.eug said:
C410 = {
gender = male
type = duchy
dna = "51795695941463"
title = { NOVG C410 }
}

NOVG = {
gender = male
type = duchy
dna = "51795695941463"
title = { NOVG C410 }
}

capital = { 0 1 0 3 4 5 6 7 0 0...808 0 0 0 0 0 0 470... }
(correct number should be 19)
province = { 0 1 1100 3 4 5 6 7 1056 1056...16 17 18 21 20...}
(correct number should be 1069)

Last edited:
what kind of changes?

I usually don't bother including every single change in the changelog, especially not the ones that I don't know the details of myself, but here's what aylo1 added:

European Byzantium:
*) Botaneiates family (names, traits, birthdates corrected; now Prince of Turnovo)
*) Apokapes family (names, traits, birthdates corrected; now Prince of Karnuva)
*) Trajan Kometopoulos is dead (1065)
*) Future emperor Mikhael VII given nickname 'Parapinakes', traits corrected, given vassals to make him more likely to be elected
*) Georgios Monomachatos (future Prince of Dyrrachium) added -- this was supposed to be the count of Corfu in this update
*) Synadenos family (names, traits, birthdates corrected; now part of Vidin/Serbia)
*) Georgi Voiteh (major Bulgarian noble) added
*) Palaiologos family (names, traits, birthdates corrected)
*) Basileios Kourtikes added / changed
*) Major Byzantine historians & statemen added (Ioannes 'Skylitzes' Thrakesios, Mikhael Attaliates, Theophylact Hephaistos)
*) Multiple friendships between Byzantine nobles added

Asia Minor:
*) Ioannes Bourtzes renamed to Theognostos
*) Konstantinos X Doukas' son renamed 'Konstantios'
*) Mikhael Psellos's name fixed, given 'proud' & 'sceptical' traits. Also gold, prestige & piety.
*) Caesar Ioannes Doukas given 'energetic', 'indulgent' & 'intricate webweaver' traits.
*) Andronikos Doukas (son of Caesar Ioannes) relocated to Nikomedia together with family, trait/stat changes
*) Zoe of Nikomedia (wife of Caesar Ioannes Doukas's younger son Konstantinos) now plain Zoe (until we discover her lastname).
*) Created Anna Doukaina - future wife of Georgios Palaiologos & big sister of Alexios I Komnenos's wife Eirene.
*) Bryennios family changes
*) Changes to Alexios I Komnenos and Tatikios (age, traits, location)

Asia/Near East:
*) Corrections to children of Aluzian Kometopoulos (dynasty, location)
*) Changed Count of Taron to Grigol Bakurianis, made part of Mesopotamia
*) House of Lampron given dynastic name 'Pahlavuni', vassalage changed
*) Made Philaretos Brakhamios Prince of Mesopotamia

The above is maybe a bit misleading -- aylo is a good modder and gives me the modified entries directly, so I don't even need to create or edit the characters: all I really need to do is add his info into the scenario files and make sure they do not conflict with my own changes.
That's how I ended up accidentally making a De Hauteville countess of Corfu -- Aylo chose in his updates for Georgios Monomachatos a free ID, but in the mean time I had already picked the same ID for a different new character, so I needed to give GM a new ID.
Then I overlooked that I had given the new entry for Georgios Monomachatos a different ID in the characters file when I edited the country entry for Corfu.
Since I can't check everything (mostly I do a double check nothing crashes and there are no game over situations, and that the DVIP is functional without the Addon because not everyone uses it), these smaller errors tend to slip through.

Last edited:
Don't recall now, some book on the Taifas I got from the library. That the taifa of Dénia (later only the Baleares) was ruled over by Saqalibah in 1066 is pretty certain, but the origin of these is not clear. I chose 'Serbian' because the most likely theory was that they were from an area near the Byzantine theme of Vidin, i.e. the Adriatic coast. I could also tag them as Croatian or Bulgarian.
They were likely not Greek or Italian, as the Moors usually didn't include these in the term Saqalibah.

Yeah I found this :

Ibrahim ibn Yaqub placed the people of "Saqalib" in the mountainous regions of Central Balkans, west of the Bulgarians and east from the "other Slavs" (Croats), thus in the Serb lands

But was hoping you could tell me about some source where I could learn more.

Thx anyway.

BTW too bad Alexios Komnenos is not a Prince anymore,he was my favorite ruler :(

An idea:

Sometimes I get stuck with a wife over 35 and no sons,how about an event that would fire if a wife is over 35 (don't think it's possible to check the sex of children,right?) with choices to A - sent her to a monastery but lose money and gain piety or B - Keep her as wife and get prestige?

BTW event "You have no heir should we open succesion for women" happens even if I have two grown up sons??

Last edited:
An idea:

Sometimes I get stuck with a wife over 35 and no sons,how about an event that would fire if a wife is over 35 (don't think it's possible to check the sex of children,right?) with choices to A - sent her to a monastery but lose money and gain piety or B - Keep her as wife and get prestige?
I'm pretty sure BoPack has something like that (so it's in the Addon). You can easily check the gender of a child:
condition = { type = ruler_child condition = { type = gender value = male } }

BTW event "You have no heir should we open succesion for women" happens even if I have two grown up sons??
Non-bastard sons? What succession law?

I'm pretty sure BoPack has something like that (so it's in the Addon). You can easily check the gender of a child:
condition = { type = ruler_child condition = { type = gender value = male } }

Non-bastard sons? What succession law?

I played as Duke of Barcelona turned King of Aragon,eldest son was created Duke of Barcelona and the second son was in the court,and the event fired.