• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's no reason that should not work.

Unless -- are you on Vista AND is CK installed in Program Files? Then there might be your problem, Vista protects these directories (Win7 does the same), so your edits might be going into the Virtual Store instead. CK is one app that doesn't seem to handle this well at all.

dynasty = {
id = { type = 12 id = 25060 }
name = "Arista"
province = { 152 }

I think that is because you miss a } to close the entry, so it should be this

dynasty = {
id = { type = 12 id = 25060 }
name = "Arista"
province = { 152 }
}

Changelog of next version so far:

DVIP + Addon
Database / Events:
*) Cultural adjustments across scenarios
*) Caithness had no province info in 1187 & 1204
*) db\events\Varia.txt moved from addon to main DVIP release
*) New event added to prevent muslims on the Atlantic
*) Addon only: Included slightly modified BoPack event files
*) Returned name of the dynasty of LOLO's dukes to "d'Ardennes" from "von den Ardennen"
*) Changed Sicilian (Italian) melting pot to no longer try to convert Norman provinces (should they appear due to Bopack or similar)
*) Changed IDs for melting pot events to proper range
*) Modtext.csv now also in main DVIP release (needed for event text).
*) Addon only: Added new friends events
*) Filename changes !!! All DVIP events (except Grell's and BoPack's) are now prefixed with DVIP_. Please remove the old event files if updating.
*) Event text modified for the "it is difficult to control a province so far away"
*) Renamed leftover instances of 'Pneumonia' to 'Consumpaton' in event text.

1066:
*) Removed marriage of Godfrey of Lower Lorraine and Matilda of Canossa -- only happened in 1069 :(
*) Replaced Godfrey the Hunchback (le Bossu) with his father Godfrey the Beard (le Barbu) as Duke of Lower Lorraine
*) Corrected Godfrey le Barbu's wife's name to Doda, and linked her to the Counts of Rethe
*) Lowered intrigue value of Khodoto of Vyatichs (should prevent huge demesne -- still needs work.)
*) Removed Kingdom of Finland tag from pagan ruler of Finland province, now just a duke.
*) Removed mythical Carolingian ancestry of the De Contevilles: actually descended of the Dukes of Flanders
*) Extended the line of the d'Ardennes to link them with Charlemagne (through marriages)

1187:
*) Removed Kingdom of Finland tag from pagan ruler of Finland province, now just a duke.

1204 (addon only):
*) Several potential crashers removed
*) Changed CoAs of Nicaea and Romania to more historically correct versions

1337:

DVIP-Wales
*) Began work on updating the mod to the current DVIP+Addon version.

Last edited:
*) Replaced Godfrey the Hunchback with his father Godfrey the Beard as Duke of Lower Lorraine
*) Corrected Godfrey le Bardu's wife's name to Doda, and linked her to the Counts of Rethe

If Godfrey the Beard is the Godfrey you mention next line (i suppose it is), then the nickname its "le Barbu", not "Bardu" ;)
BTW, never posted in this thread before, but i want to give you my most sincere congratulations and a big "thank you" for this mod - in fact, i don't even know CK vanilla, always played with DVIP. Thumbs up!

I haven't found a single source which gives him a German epithet -- if it weren't for the fact their names are from the Germanic pool, I'd mark them as French (frankish).
These localized nicknames are something I'm just trying at the moment... I think they look a little better than just English translations. But I might change my mind on that.

I'm actually reading some interesting books on the Merovingians and their heirs now, if I wished to I could extend the line of several CK dynasties back to 400AD already... but that would lead to needless character spam :D

Last edited:
Hi modders !

I have a proposal concerning Sweden civil war in 1066.

There are only a few sources but it seems that there is a serious civil war in Sweden in 1066/1067 between Erik Stenkilsson (current king in CK) and Erik Hedningen aka the pagan (probably Erik Anndsson duke of Uppland in CK)

see here for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_the_Pagan

I think this war should be more accurately represented in DVIP.

IMO we could make Erik the pagan the independent chief of Uppland, lord of current counts of Gastrikland, Smaland Oland and Dalarna (ie swedish pagan provinces + gastrikland).
This pagan realm will be elective. It would start the game at war with Sweden and I would have give Eick Hedningen a claim on kingdom of Sweden.

Would do you think of this ?

BTW, I have serious pledging problems with your last version of DVIP addons Jordy :( Mostly all the russian princes pledged allegeance to the Georgian king. There s other oddities that I can't remember... is this WAD ?

Has -- are you playing with the beta patch? If you are not, you're suffering from the bug where every single person on the map is pledging to some king.

As for Sweden... the 1066-1068 period is extremely confused. There are serious doubts about the two Eriks, several sources state that the claim the "other" Erik was a pagan was nothing more than slander by the heirs of the "winning" Erik against his opponent much later on. I'll look into it at some point though.

But there is also a neutral source: Adam of Bremen.

Don't know what to do...

It will be great if swedish forumers could give us more information.

Concerning the pledging issue, IIRC I have installed the last beta patch (I can see that on DV starting menu). That's really weird....

EDIT: you were right Jordy, wrong beta patch installed...

Last edited:
Update: I'm about ready for release (not that much changed, but I can't think of other things to change now), but I'm waiting to update DVIP:Wales first. First need to get the thing to run though (it's being a pain for some reason).

Update is up.
Unfortunately I couldn't complete the update for DVIP Wales yet. I hope to get around to it soonish.

Final changelog:

Changelog for DVIP release 08.11.2009:

Database / Events:
*) Cultural adjustments across scenarios
*) Caithness had no province info in 1187 & 1204
*) db\events\Varia.txt moved from addon to main DVIP release
*) New event added to prevent muslims on the Atlantic
*) Addon only: Included slightly modified BoPack event files
*) Returned name of the dynasty of LOLO's dukes to "d'Ardennes" from "von den Ardennen"
*) Changed Sicilian (Italian) melting pot to no longer try to convert Norman provinces (should they appear due to Bopack or similar)
*) Changed IDs for melting pot events to proper range
*) Modtext.csv now also in main DVIP release (needed for event text).
*) Addon only: Added new friends events
*) Filename changes !!! All DVIP events (except Grell's and BoPack's) are now prefixed with DVIP_. Please remove the old event files if updating.
*) Event text modified for the "it is difficult to control a province so far away"
*) Renamed leftover instances of 'Pneumonia' to 'Consumpaton' in event text.

1066:
*) Removed marriage of Godfrey of Lower Lorraine and Matilda of Canossa -- only happened in 1069 :(
*) Replaced Godfrey the Hunchback (le Bossu) with his father Godfrey the Beard (le Barbu) as Duke of Lower Lorraine
*) Corrected Godfrey le Barbu's wife's name to Doda, and linked her to the Counts of Rethe
*) Lowered intrigue value of Khodoto of Vyatichs (should prevent huge demesne -- still needs work.)
*) Removed mythical Carolingian ancestry of the De Contevilles: actually descended of the Dukes of Flanders
*) Extended the line of the d'Ardennes to link them with Charlemagne (through marriages)
*) Changed Georgian and Armenian setup, thanks aylo1. Added some historical petty kingdoms and moved characters to their correct courts.
*) Corrected heritage of various Byzantine, Georgian, and Armenian characters, thanks aylo1
*) Gave a claim on Apulia to Abelard de Hauteville -- historically contested reign of the Guiscard.

1187:

1204 (addon only):
*) Several potential crashers removed
*) Changed CoAs of Nicaea and Romania to more historically correct versions

1337:
*) Corrected minor errors in scenario setup

IMPORTANT
As I changed some event file names, you will have to manually remove any old event files. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Next version is underway, should be released not too far in the future (I left in some minor errors in the current version :().
No promise on DVIP Wales / mapmod...

Changelog so far follows.

----
Changelog for DVIP release next:

Database / Events:
*) Restored broken & disabled Paradox event for bastard's brother's reaction to legitimization
*) Added event to recreate Papacy as long as one catholic bishopric exists
*) Added AI helper event file to stimulate historical conquests (work in progress, currently done: Turks -> Anatolia and Russkis -> Russian east & north)
*) Corrected MTTH of new friends events (was way too high due to copy-paste error)
*) Removed broken new friends events
*) Nubians now using the none culture tag (thanks Llywelyn for the name list)
*) Addon: Nubia is now recreatable (five provinces)
*) Event edits: all children in knight orders or bishoprics (including fosterlings) now exclusively get ecclesiastical education
*) New event: AI vassal at war, but with a liege at peace, gets an automatic white peace
*) Tweaked Anatolian melting pot to also work the other way around (in case of a Byzantine counter-conquest)
*) Edited province incomes, and province improvements minimum income values (it should now be possible to build grand shipyards, cathedrals, etc. in areas they historically were built).
*) New events: vassals may adopt their liege's ruling laws (including cognatic primogenturee in Addon)

1066:
*) Added missing marriage for count of Lecce's parents
*) Added remaining De Hautevilles, including Beatrix and her children (the de Mortain's, in Taranto)
*) Corrected order of Tancred de Hauteville's children's birth
*) Moved a few minor de Hautevilles who served as mercenaries to the proper courts
*) Corrected claim of Abelard on Apulia (accidentally set for Benevento in previous update)
*) Removed starting war between BYZA and SELJ: now started by event within a few days of scenario start (most of the time; MTTH is 13 days at start). This means that Armenia is no longer always the first to fall to the Turkish hordes, another Anatolian vassal might be targeted first.
*) Nubians now are Nubian culture, as are their provinces
*) Added alliance between Nubia and muslim Egypt (Bakt)
*) Added some additional character nicknames
*) Removed Duchy of Normandy, now still held by Willy the Conker himself (historically until 1087)
*) Many smaller tweaks to characters
*) Addon: set some more countries to cognatic primogenture at start

1187:
*) Nubians now are Nubian culture, as are their provinces

1204 (Addon only):
*) Nubian provinces now Nubian
*) Added Kingdom of Nubia

1337:
*) Nubian provinces now Nubian (except for coastal conquest - Nubia only conquered a few years before)

Last edited:
Awesoooome :)

"Install order:
1) Crusader Kings
2) Deus Vult
3) Latest Deus Vult beta patch
4) DVIP
Optional:
5) DVIP addon"

I install it in this order, but once I get to step 5 my game starts acting weird. (one of the 4 religious choices gets replaced with a law for heirs)

What's the trick to installing the DVIP addon? Do I just open the zip file and then copy and paste it?

Last edited: