• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1) I thought that might be it. I have it on Weakling (second lowest setting) so I'll try a Coward (lowest setting) game next.

2) Ah... If the mods require really specific changes, I could see how offering them as individual installs instead of as part of a package deal could be problematic. I suppose you could spell it out step-by-step how to mod the files, but that's more trouble than it's worth, I imagine, and anyone with the know-how to edit the files themselves could probably figure it out themselves. :)

Thanks again!

I was thinking of picking up CK again but I have to ask 2 important questions. Is DVIP playable again? By this I mean - are the awful stats crippling events of children tweaked ? UND are the educational events working as intended now? :D

Also any chance to export DVIP game to EU3 ? :D

Thank you!

Bfeld:
1) I play with Weakling myself. Note that it's impossible to fully keep realms stable... the more vassals, the bigger the chance of a rebellion.
2) I tried to write a modding tutorial a few times, but even I don't understand what I wrote! Most of my modding I do in Notepad++, with assistance of Winmerge to keep track of changes.
The key thing to keep in mind with CK scenario modding is that all files must be consistent: if you assign LOTH to a character in the titles file, but forget to adjust him as ruler in the country file, or forget to move him to this court, the scenario will crash. Likewise any character in an invalid court -- dead or alive -- will crash the game. That's one reason why it's usually easier to mod savegames.

Rmark:
1) They're tweaked: high martial will no longer trigger a diplo penalty. Each stat now has its nerf, either if this skill is 10 or higher, or if both this and any other skill are 8 or higher. So a char with 8-6-8-5 can get a nerf of one of the two 8s, but not a second one, and a char with 10-8-5-9 risks getting two nerfs: one for the 10 skill, and one for the 8 or 9. But someone with 8-7-7-7 will not get a nerf.
2) Yvesp's and ulmont's converters should work, but the cvdata.txt needs updating. If I get into an EU3 mood again any time soon I'll see about doing so.

Allright! I'm in :D Thanks Jordi :D

Is it possible to write something that de-titles rulers who do not rule in the area their titles pertain to? It's really obnoxious to control all the provinces of a kingdom or duchy but not be able to create the title because it is held by someone at the other side of the world. For instance, in my current game the Rurikovich ruler of Georgia has the duchy of Vidin, as well as about 5 Russian duchies, but owing to wars with pagans, the superpower Poles and the Seljuks, only controls a few provinces in the Transoxus region along with Hlynov and a few Russian counts as vassals. This is actually only a moderate example. I once found a guy ruling only the Canaries who had three king titles and 11 duchy titles.

Incidentally, I introduced the MORD tag (the one used for the pagan Mordvins) as a kingdom tag, but when it is created (by the ruler of Chernigov) it is created as a duchy? Is the tag bugged?

We can't take away titles by event :(

MORD is a hardcoded kingdom tag, but I have redefined is as a duchy in all scenarios (to prevent it from vassalizing other pagans). Since it exists at scenario start, the level defined in the date_scenario_titles.inc file will always be used even if it is destroyed and re-established (by event -- it is not recreatable).
If you want it to be a kingdom tag, adjust the various scenario files.

We can't take away titles by event :(

Is it possible to create title horder events with the same effect ... e.g. claim events against title horders by counts or dukes in the duchy area, and dukes and kings in the county area? Perhaps title hording could lead to more badboy. Anything that would increase the possibility of the horder losing his titles. It's just so unrealistic that the people of Sweden would be kingless because Berber orthodox guy in the Canaries is hording the title.

MORD is a hardcoded kingdom tag, but I have redefined is as a duchy in all scenarios (to prevent it from vassalizing other pagans). Since it exists at scenario start, the level defined in the date_scenario_titles.inc file will always be used even if it is destroyed and re-established (by event -- it is not recreatable).
If you want it to be a kingdom tag, adjust the various scenario files.

Cheers, that explains it!

BTW, for your information ... in my latest game with DVIP one of the main Mediterranean powers is the Islamic Republic of Venice. It's quite funny, but I'm not complaining because I think it's pretty cool. No idea how this guy got this position.

Is it possible to create title horder events with the same effect ... e.g. claim events against title horders by counts or dukes in the duchy area, and dukes and kings in the county area? Perhaps title hording could lead to more badboy. Anything that would increase the possibility of the horder losing his titles. It's just so unrealistic that the people of Sweden would be kingless because Berber orthodox guy in the Canaries is hording the title.

Well we can count how many titles of a certain tier someone has, but there's no easy way to check if these are all "valid' titles.
And unfortunately any province checks are only matched to the primary title, so we can't even do a check like does the holder of JERU own a province or vassal in the Jerusalem area, unless he happens to be the king of JERU.
Likewise we can't check if the holder of SWED is a christian, unless SWED is his primary title.

I have noticed a annoying problem while playing with count of Pskov in 1066 scenario. (DVIP+addons)

It concerns Voitto, the pagan king of Finland. At the start, he only controls the Finland province.

But after a few years, all the finnish/baltic tribes pledge loyalty to him. That makes him an incredible opponent in the area for the christians kingdom :(

AFAIK Finland wasn't unified before the XIXth century.

Voitto should'nt be downgraded to the duchy tier ?

(I already tried to fix this but I didn't have your skills Jordy ...)

Voitto has the SOUM tag, which is the recreatable Kingdom of Finland. Unfortunately there's no free duchy title for that area, and downgrading Finland to duchy-level means that the kingdom will also be duchy level for Christians :/
No easy solution there.

In my games Finland always get conquered by Denmark (If it is unified) or Sweden (If it isn't)

But two reports :

1)
In my MP game province of Finland is Rich and Struggling. Is there event which would remove second one?

2) event 8102 in rival_events.txt IMO action c should increase piety, since sharing things = Christian idea?

1) In my MP game province of Finland is Rich and Struggling. Is there event which would remove second one?
The next time it goes up or down in wealth, it will resolve itself. This bug can happen if two province wealth events fire at the same time.

2) event 8102 in rival_events.txt IMO action c should increase piety, since sharing things = Christian idea?

:rofl: Somehow I don't think wife swapping is exactly the Christian ideal...

Hi! I've been playing the improvement pack for a little while now and i haven't been able to create a new dynastie in the dynasties.txt file the way i used to before i installed it (simply adding a number that wasn't taken up already).

Has something changed in other files that needs to be modified too?

Hi! I've been playing the improvement pack for a little while now and i haven't been able to create a new dynastie in the dynasties.txt file the way i used to before i installed it (simply adding a number that wasn't taken up already).

Has something changed in other files that needs to be modified too?

No. Using any free ID should still work -- if it didn't, none of my own added dynasties would appear!

Then I must be slipping up somewhere during the process, I'd be grateful if someone could point out where:

1) Open db/dinasties.txt

2) Select the last dynasty in the list, in this case:

dynasty = {
id = { type = 12 id = 25059 }
name = "Olifard"
province = { 68 }
}

3) Copy & Paste right underneath:

dynasty = {
name = "Olifard"
province = { 68 }
}
dynasty = {
name = "Olifard"
province = { 68 }
}

4) Replace name, id and province:

dynasty = {
id = { type = 12 id = 25060 }
name = "Arista"
province = { 152 }

I save the file, close it, open up ck and it gets stuck while loading after selecting kingdom, duchy or county. I've no idea as to why.