• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just installed both DVIP and the improvement pack, and I'm still seeing the strings message in Naissus and Ochrid among others. No change, I'm afraid :(

Are you a Vista user?
You cannot easily mod games if these are installed in Program Files: Windows locks these directories, so you're not actually unzipping DVIP in the CK directory, but in a "virtual store". The result is that CK-DV cannot find the real files, and uses the original ones... which lack entries for the new cultures.

It's easiest if you reinstall CK-DV in C:\Games instead, then you will not run into these issues again.

The same applies to Windows 7 by the way.

Look, it's really simple. As long as you have the virtualstore in place, CK gets confused (breaks). The gist of the matter is that you have two different copies of the same files: the one you unzipped and need for DVIP, and the one CK actually reads.
If CK is run as a normal user, it uses the files from VirtualStore. If CK is run as admin, it uses the files from the install folder.

As long as CK is in a protected directory there is no way to avoid this.
Your choices are the following:
1) Move CK to C:\Games (or whatever), so it is no longer protected
2) Take ownership of the install folder of CK and remove the existing Virtual Store
3) Disable UAC completely (and live with the consequences).

I really recommend #1, unless you're familiar enough with the NTFS security model to attempt #2. #3 is not recommended at all.

Hi Jordy !

Do u still work on your mod ? Because I have dozens of important propositions for your mod !

One of the major one concerns Heinrinch von Franken/Rudolf von Rheinfelden rivaly:

According to Wiki, Rudolf only started to scheme during the investiture controversy. Before, he was clearly a support of his brother-in-law's policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_of_Rheinfelden

So IMO, they shouldn't be rivals in 1066.

Moreover, this will greatly improve Germany stability in the game. To my mind, the kingdom collapses too many times in my game :(

Last edited:
Hey Hasimir :)
Yeah the mod is still on track, but I don't have an update planned currently. It all depends on when I have enough changes to justify a change!
I'm (slowly) working on my map mod in my free time now.

As for Henry vs Rudy: I think you're reading too much in Rudolf's support for Henry's campaign against the first rebels. As can be seen from his manipulating of Henry in his minority, which landed Rudolf Swabia and administrative rule over all of Burgundy, he was opposed to Henry from the start. This is also the picture given in historical sources dealing with that era. He supported Henry at first because a fractured Germany was in nobody's favour: Rudolf wanted to replace Henry himself, not have some other rebel take the crown.
It's unfortunate that vassals can't be allies, or I'd mark him as an ally of Henry's while keeping him a rival...

Hmm, no clue there right now. I think his banishment ended in 1065, so he should probably be ruler. This needs rechecking -- I have his son's succession listed as both early 1067, and early 1069. The marriage to Matilda di Canossa was on the same date.
I'll check out some library books next time!

We don't have free duchy tags. I could remove LOLO and replace it with something else, but then I'd have to make Godfrey Duke of Brabant or similar from the start, plus overhaul the duchy system for the area. Not something I'm willing to do now.

DVIP is great, so let me start with kudos to Jor and everyone who has contributed to DVIP and its development. :)

I do have some quick questions, though:

1. Is it generally normal for large kingdoms (like the HRE and France) to fall apart due to lots of rebellions? I have seen this happening, but Byzantium seems to be holding in there and Castile seems to be forming a kingdom the size of modern Spain... It just seems odd that Germany, France and England would all be suffering from realm duress before the 12th century!

2. Are there any plans to make the add-ons separate downloads in the downloads thread? Perhaps I want to download the Break Free mod but I don't want to download the Female Inheritance one... I just think it'd be nice to pick and choose rather than downloading the whole thing, installing it and then manually editing out the mods I want to remove. :)

1) It is normal for CK-DV yeah... setting AI aggressiveness to lower values helps a bit here.

2) The break free event mod is available separately (check my sig), but the rest doesn't really make sense as they're not easily merged with other mods. Both 'more kingdoms' and female inheritance requires scenario changes.