• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually another thought...if you don't want to make them heretics, perhaps just making the Zenata all sceptical and the leader of the Fatimids zealous. However, sceptical is easy to lose compared to heresy so I'm not sure.

Hello -- trying to get back into CKDV and I have a question. I keep getting the event that wrecks a province because it's too far away. I was surprised, though, when I got it for Salerno as King of Sicily with my capital in Palermo; I thought that definitely would have been within the proper range. Is there any way to tell which provinces are okay to hold and which aren't before you get the event?

Not really, it all depends on the regions which are not visible in the map.
I guess the region of Salerno is not in the acceptable list for Palermo, it would need to be added to the event.

That's a vanilla event by the way...

Not really, it all depends on the regions which are not visible in the map.
I guess the region of Salerno is not in the acceptable list for Palermo, it would need to be added to the event.

That's a vanilla event by the way...

It's a really important one. Can we go through it? or would it need its own thread?

CKDV Automated Education Events?

Hi,

Just a quick question.

Is the "CKDV Automated Education Events" incorporated into the DVIP-Addon package?

In the DVIP download thread It says it is included. But I cannot see it in the downloaded events, and there is ho mention of it in the Readme.txt in the DVIP-Addon zip-file.

/Kong

They're not currently included. I'll update the description.

Would you say it was possible for me to included the Automated Education Events my self?

I guess I have copy the Automated Education Events file to the event folder, and to include it in the events.txt file. But do you know of anything that would make it work againt DVIP (or DVIP against AEE). Is there anything else I have to change?

I cannot really grasp what the AEE event(s) will do in the DVIP framework. I have done some event editing earlier, but I cannot say I fully understand the whole DVIP event structure, as it is huge.

I hope I make sence. :)

/Kong

You can copy the event in, and add it to db\events.txt. But you must also disable part of the vanilla education events (or use modified copies). I refer you to the AEE thread for more info.

Once installed that way no further configuration is necessary, they'll work rightaway.

The reason they're not currently included is that they require more finetuning to stop the frequent switching of education, and unfortunately I haven't found the time to do this in detail.

You can copy the event in, and add it to db\events.txt. But you must also disable part of the vanilla education events (or use modified copies). I refer you to the AEE thread for more info.

Once installed that way no further configuration is necessary, they'll work rightaway.

The reason they're not currently included is that they require more finetuning to stop the frequent switching of education, and unfortunately I haven't found the time to do this in detail.

Oki. Thanks. :)

Is this a bug in DVIP? Always found my vassal gets himself as one of his friend, and in this case, he's got twice of himself as friends. Maybe he is a self-love?

Hello -- trying to get back into CKDV and I have a question. I keep getting the event that wrecks a province because it's too far away. I was surprised, though, when I got it for Salerno as King of Sicily with my capital in Palermo; I thought that definitely would have been within the proper range. Is there any way to tell which provinces are okay to hold and which aren't before you get the event?

Clblabin, STOP PLAYING CK AND GET TO WORK ON KPG!

P.S: I've been playing as Apulia-Sicily from 1066 lately, and I think that a "Sicillian" culture should be added, with a similar mechanism to English. Either that, or make provinces ruled by Normans in Sicily culture-switch to Italian.
Otherwise, Sicily (if conquered by the de Hautevilles) will become Norman culture.

Is this a bug in DVIP? Always found my vassal gets himself as one of his friend, and in this case, he's got twice of himself as friends. Maybe he is a self-love?

Dunno. Thought this was suppose to be fixed in the main game. Do you know what event is firing for them? ie do you have it so you can check events for your entire realm?

I'm sorry if this is mentioned anywhere or it has been asked before (I didn't go through the entire thread), but is DVIP compatible with save games from the DV base game?

Also, I assume there's no way to just install one of the DVIP addons and not the entire mod? The 'More Kingdoms' one for example...
I'm not sure I want to, but, I'm just asking... :)

EDIT: Just noticed in one of the first posts that the addons are not usable by themselves. So, nevermind that question...

Earlier save-game should be compatible with DVIP, you only might see some duchy/kingdoms/cultures in unexpected places though.

But your save-games shouldn't crash.

Perfect.
Thanks for the reply. :)

I've been playing a vanilla DV game for a few days, is it possible to install DVIP and the More Kingdoms and have my savegame convert seamlessly in it? Or would it render my game unplayable?

I think it may work.