• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all,

There just was a discussion in the main forum about the Mongol events, and it seems that a bug known all the way since the beta tests managed to slip through undetected: The events 5590-5593, which are intended to weaken the Hordes by taking away regiments and eventually triggering all-out civil war, have modifiers which instead of making them more likely after 1300 make them a lot less likely.

This can be fixed by changing the MTTH modifiers from 10 to 0.1 in the respective lines. I don't have the file on this PC so I can't give exact line numbers but they are easy to find, the event numbers are 5590, 5591, 5592 and 5593 and there are two modifiers per event, one checking for year 1300 and one checking for year 1340. The events are in the file mongol_invasion_events.txt.

Maybe you might want to include a fix for these events in the enxt DVIP release if there is one? It seems rare that a player might encounter this bug but someone did, that's how the discussion was started... :)

Regards,
Lev

I have been playing the mod for some days now and, though I'm globally very pleased with it, I have some remarks about Brittany :
* There is a patronym "An Oriant" (for courtiers in Vannes, I think, but not sure) that should not be here, as it was taken from the Breton name of the city of Lorient, which as been founded under the reign of Louis XIV for the Compagnie des Indes Orientales... far after the end of CK's time frame. Lorient was founded in a place called Le Faouëdic (in french) so I suggest just to replace the name with "Ar Faouedig".

* I'm not very happy with the choice of Pierre de Dreux's coat of arms for the March of Brittany... Doesn't sound logical to me. During the game's time frame, the march of Brittany didn't exist as a separate entity. Instead, it designated either a 30-km-deep succession of strongholds (Fougères, Vitré, Clisson, Châteauceaux, and so on) all along the frontier with France and held by some of Brittany's most powerful noble houses, or a small portion of it at the joining point of Brittany, Poitou and Anjou that was a vassal of both Brittany and Anjou (the "Marche de Bretagne-Poitou"). Whatever definition we take, this has barely anything to do with Pierre de Dreux... I suggest to use the CoA of the family of Clisson (the second most powerful noble house in Brittany after the house of Rohan) instead : they did possess several castles along the march (including Châteauceaux) and gained part of its wealth by the fact that Clisson itself was located in the "duty free" Marche de Bretagne-Poitou. Their arms are the following : Gules, a Lion argent crowned, armed and langued or".
250px-Blason_Clisson.svg.png

(I wish I could have made a DVIP-like CoA myself, but I couldn't find the wood-textured pattern you used in your pack...)

Last edited:
In fact, the 'Breton march' doesn't represent the breton march during Charlemagne area.

Jordy put it on his mod (following my advice) just because he want to split the Britanny kingdom into 2 duchies. But we could also replace them by
+lower britanny: Léon, Cornouaille, Penthièvre
+upper britanny: Rennes, Nantes, Vannes.

Then you would have to find some new CoAs ...

In fact, the 'Breton march' doesn't represent the breton march during Charlemagne area.
In my previous post, I didn't talk about the breton march of the Charlemagne era, but about what we call by this name when we speak about the Dreux/Monfort era...

And I prefer the current Brittany / Breton march style over the "upper/lower Brittany", which is only a linguistic distinction...

(edit : au fait, Hasimir, merci pour ta traduction de DVIP :))

Jordy put it on his mod (following my advice) just because he want to split the Britanny kingdom into 2 duchies. But we could also replace them by

Then you would have to find some new CoAs ...

Hey there, I had also advised him too!:eek:

Haha.

By checking in the CoA folder, I see that several CoA are already similar to the blazon of Clisson : a county in Italy (don't know which one though) and both the duchy and the kingdom of Bohemia (by the way, the CoA for the kingdom seems wrong and should have the splinted tail like the duchy.), so finally it's probably not a good idea to add a 4th Gules, a Lion argent crowned or...

Ash_Crow said:
* There is a patronym "An Oriant" (for courtiers in Vannes, I think, but not sure) that should not be here, as it was taken from the Breton name of the city of Lorient, which as been founded under the reign of Louis XIV for the Compagnie des Indes Orientales... far after the end of CK's time frame.
Maybe Henbont should be used instead of An Oriant, it was one of the biggest towns in the lower Bro-Erec.

Hasimir Fenring said:
I think the Breton language was used in Vannes at the time, I would rather see the following duchies:
North Brittany: Léon, Penthièvre, Rennes.
South Brittany: Cornouaille, Vannes, Nantes.
It was divided like this during the wars between Gurwant and Paskweten and Alan and Judikael. The problem would be to find good CoAs.

Maybe Henbont should be used instead of An Oriant, it was one of the biggest towns in the lower Bro-Erec.
Good idea (although I would prefer to see true people names instead of city names placeholders...)

It was divided like this during the wars between Gurwant and Paskweten and Alan and Judikael. The problem would be to find good CoAs.
Between the assassination of Salomon and the death of Judicaël there is only 15 years, and this is nearly two centuries before CK's earliest starting date...
Historically, the best would be to have a single duchy in Britanny (like in Vanilla)... By the way, I wonder why a second duchy was added in DVIP ? Balance reasons ?

Ash_Crow said:
Between the assassination of Salomon and the death of Judicaël there is only 15 years, and this is nearly two centuries before CK's earliest starting date...
Waroch I came from Cornouaille and conquered the county of Vannes, and Guérande in the county of Nantes was founded by Waroch II his grandson. All these events were in the 6th century. And Alan II Wrybeard was count of Vannes and Nantes in the tenth century. And there has often been rivalries between the houses of Nantes and Rennes. So a southern duchy could be good. The northern duchy would be like the kingdom of Domnonée which included Trégor, Goëlo, Penthièvre, Dol and Léon. And Salomon ruled these lands before he murdered his cousin.

Hi, I just installed this mode and it looks really good, but there is one major problem. Naimly, all South Slavic characters have “croat” as their nationality :eek: Am I doing something wrong, I installed this mode over the newest DV patch. Besides the “croat” issue I couldn’t fined any other irregularities in my game. Thank for the info in advance.:)

Ps. This mode was probably made by an croat! :rofl: LOLLL....

Hi, I just installed this mode and it looks really good, but there is one major problem. Naimly, all South Slavic characters have “croat” as their nationality :eek: Am I doing something wrong, I installed this mode over the newest DV patch. Besides the “croat” issue I couldn’t fined any other irregularities in my game. Thank for the info in advance.:)

Ps. This mode was probably made by an croat! :rofl: LOLLL....

Try reinstalling it, you should have Serbian, Croatian and Bulgarian characters in your game

One question. I have ruler with int 7 and i have already got message in right corner, that says he can only rule without penalty only one and now im on 95%. But in description it says he can rule 3. ????

Ok, Im having game breaking issues: the children in my realm seem to change their education on a whim, which causes their prestigue and piety to take significant hits.

I was playing as Count of Dublin attempting to raise the hero Gruffydd ap Cynan into a strong military leader. Historically Gruffydd ap Cynan wrestled back control of Gwynedd from the usper Mathrafal dynasty which had taken control of it.

Gruffydd needs a strong military education, yet he takes significant hits to his stats, then seems to wonder to Court Education, then to Religous Education, each taking such significant hits that he is stressed, week willed, coward, ect.

Its crazy.

@D: try the alternative download, DVIP-Addon-Variant.zip. The education events need a fix (which I swear I will get around to when my life gets a little less crazy). The 'variant' download has them removed and the original education events restored.

@Beg_Birdal: that can happen if you continue and old savegame, or are somehow using the original scenarios.