• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Veldmaarschalk said:
Can you name an example where a boy of 10 was in command of a vikingfleet/raid ?

Technically, he could be accompanied by a regent or elder representative of his clan/dynasty/family.

MRAKoris said:
Technically, he could be accompanied by a regent or elder representative of his clan/dynasty/family.

If that was the case, then I am sure it would have been mentioned in my sources

Playing as Robert Guiscard de Hauteville in the newly-formed Kingdom of Sicily, why do practically all 13- to 16-year-olds change their career path a few times, nearly always becoming stressed because of it, and also lose some skills? It's annoying...

In extra_text.csv

ACTIONNAME58745;Let us hire them!;Employons-les !;Heuern wir sie an!;ЎContratйmoslos!;Ingaggiamoli!;;;;;;;;;X

Should be corrected to ACTIONNAME5875A;Let us hire them!;Employons-les !;Heuern wir sie an!;ЎContratйmoslos!;Ingaggiamoli!;;;;;;;;;X

In modtext.csv DVIP Addon:

You got two lines:

EVT_9510_NAME;Time to demobilize;;;;;;;;;;X
EVT_9510_NAME;Call the Knights to war;;;;;;;;;;X

Judging by what I see in Wiz' event file, the first line

EVT_9510_NAME;Time to demobilize;;;;;;;;;;X

should be corrected to

EVT_9500_NAME;Time to demobilize;;;;;;;;;;X

40030 duplicated too

Last edited:
The Vyatichs

I see that you put the Vyatichs in the Oka basin, which is fine, but... should they really be a kingdom-level realm? Even though I happily play pagans myself, I'd say that the Vyatich should be on the same level as, say, Turkmens, Mordvins or Pechenegs. Cumans I can accept as a kingdom title, but this seems a bit too much for an unorganized pagan tribe.

Is there some historical events include in this mod?

Define what you mean with 'historical events' ?

EDIT
This mod contains several new 'melting pot' events, which can be called 'historical events'. But the term 'historical events' is rather vague

Last edited:
Recently applied this mod per the instructions in the download thread.

Upon load I'm getting a "Critical" database mismatch error. I can still proceed with the game, however I am concerned that doing so would result in a less than positive experience.

Of note, I also applied the DVIP "Addon" pack and Gratianus' COA mod. I applied each in the order as intructed in the download thread.

What could be resulting in this database mismatch error, and is it fatal to the game? Thanks!

Besides the 'add-on' and Gratianus his CoA have you installed any other mods ?

Database-mismatch errors usually mean that a certain event-ID or dynastie-ID is used more then once

Besides the 'add-on' and Gratianus his CoA have you installed any other mods ?

Database-mismatch errors usually mean that a certain event-ID or dynastie-ID is used more then once

Those are the only mods I have installed. I am terminally mod-shy. :)

Edit: It sounds as though my best bet is to simply reinstall and restart each time I complete a step. This way I should be able to see which step brings about the issue. Thank Heaven I keep backups of each step! :)

I installed the whole CK+DV+DVIP+Addons+other mods only yesterday, with freshly downloaded archives. It worked fine.

What you can do, is, go into the file db/events.txt, and comment out all the addon events. Then start the game and see if the error is still there. If yes, you need to reinstall everything. If no, you remove the # comment sign from one line in db/events.txt, and load again. Repeat until you get the error, and then you know which event file caused the error.

I installed the whole CK+DV+DVIP+Addons+other mods only yesterday, with freshly downloaded archives. It worked fine.

What you can do, is, go into the file db/events.txt, and comment out all the addon events. Then start the game and see if the error is still there. If yes, you need to reinstall everything. If no, you remove the # comment sign from one line in db/events.txt, and load again. Repeat until you get the error, and then you know which event file caused the error.

This is great advice. Thanks!

Hello

me and others have a frequent bug on 1204 senario with the latest DVIP patch.

the error is :

fatal error!
*** Unhandled Exception Detected
Adress 0x00446D46

please report (more information in log file)

but I don't know where the log file is...

I have noticed that this bug could be caused by the Kingdom of jerusalem :
no laws are set for this kingdom
It is ruled by a woman, who's hein is another woman.

Furthermore, at startup of senario, when you go to the f6 table for potential brides, the game froze and I got this fatal error.

any idea please ?

thanks.

i'll try to edit the senario and set laws for Kingdo mof Jerusalem and give you feedback

Hello

no laws are set for this kingdom
It is ruled by a woman, who's hein is another woman.
i'll try to edit the senario and set laws for Kingdo mof Jerusalem and give you feedback

Its supposed to be this way so women can inherit title, just like real life.

This was a design element that Jord and I agreed on long ago, to make it correct for Jerusalem. Look on the thread Damsels Not In Distress for how this plays out. In my signature. The game will continue as normal. We've never expierenced a game freeze when in game looking for brides. Let the game run for a month to see why this is so.

If you are playing as Queen Sybilla of Jerusalem... she has been tagged Sybilla d'Anjou de Lusignan so that her daughter Alys inherits after her. You should marry Alys and her sister to their de Lusignan cousins for the inheritance to go through without game ending issues.

Last edited: