• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I play on normal everything because I believe that's how the game was optimized to be. Another thing - all the start scenario kids have "adult" stats as for finished education. Given the new way the kids grow up and get stats shouldn't it be correct to reduce their stats to the normal per particular age.

And I don't see how you fail to notice the imploding realms, while a pure CKDV tends to have dissolved realms they sooner or later go back to their original state, and here you have a patchwork world. I'm not making it up but mainly basing it on the last 3-4 games I had.

Riddermark said:
I play on normal everything because I believe that's how the game was optimized to be. Another thing - all the start scenario kids have "adult" stats as for finished education. Given the new way the kids grow up and get stats shouldn't it be correct to reduce their stats to the normal per particular age.

And I don't see how you fail to notice the imploding realms, while a pure CKDV tends to have dissolved realms they sooner or later go back to their original state, and here you have a patchwork world. I'm not making it up but mainly basing it on the last 3-4 games I had.

The biggest obstacle to playing a more composed and less combustive normal/normal game is the excessive fertility. Normal games have a very real chance of boring you to tears with practically no chance of a semi salic inheritence ..

When the next patch resolves this, I'll return to normal! As it is, I prefer the imploding realms to simply waiting for something to happen for half an hour!

- Rob

Riddermark said:
I play on normal everything because I believe that's how the game was optimized to be.

I don't think so. That certainly wasn't the case for EU2. As jordarkelf said, low aggressiveness settings are generally better for the AI.

Jord, could you tell me how to disable the automated courtier events in DVIP + Addon? I'd prefer the stock education system and the console spam and STRING MISSING events that don't explain anything etc is annoying ..

I tried simply commenting it out in events.txt but it resulted in nobody getting an education. :)

Cheers!

- Rob

Garbon said:
I don't think so. That certainly wasn't the case for EU2. As jordarkelf said, low aggressiveness settings are generally better for the AI.
Well it was for CK. The public beta were tried their best to optimize for normal/normal.

DVIP is 'optimized' for an AI aggressiveness of Weakling (1) or Coward (2) -- I don't play with higher settings myself as it makes the AI go insane, and thus DVIP isn't tested for higher values.

Difficulty should not matter.

I usually play Normal/Normal, so I guess that explains why I have to worry about my liege declaring war on me at random.

EVT_40030_NAME;Your leige is weak, shall we declare our independence?;L'Ordre Teutonique a saisi nos terres !;Der Deutsche Orden reiЯt unser Land an sich!;ЎLa Orden Teutуnica ha ocupado nuestras tierras!;L'Ordine Teutonico conquista la nostra terra!;;;;;;X ACTIONNAME40030A;Yes!;C'est la volontй de Dieu !;Es ist Gottes Wille!;ЎEs la voluntad de Dios!;И la volontа di Dio!;;;;;;X ACTIONNAME40030B;No its too risky;Ils n'ont pas besoin de chвteaux !;Sie brauchen keine Burg!;ЎNo necesitan castillos!;Non hanno bisogno di castelli!;;;;;;X EVT_40030_NAME;Damn!;L'Ordre Teutonique a saisi nos terres !;Der Deutsche Orden reiЯt unser Land an sich!;ЎLa Orden Teutуnica ha ocupado nuestras tierras!;L'Ordine Teutonico conquista la nostra terra!;;;;;;X

Duplicate entry - "EVT_40030_NAME" in the modtext.csv of DVIP-Addon

EVT_40030_NAME;Damn!;L'Ordre Teutonique a saisi nos terres !;Der Deutsche Orden reiЯt unser Land an sich!;ЎLa Orden Teutуnica ha ocupado nuestras tierras!;L'Ordine Teutonico conquista la nostra terra!;;;;;;X

In Grell's mod it was labelled 40031

jordarkelf, i will be writing a event that changes lands governments. I would like to know the free id ranges in your mods?

Last edited:
hyme said:
jordarkelf, i will be writing a event that changes lands governments. I would like to know the free id ranges in your mods?

You mean events that can change a republic into a county/duchy or a bishopric into a republic or other such things ?

Then such events aren't possible, since there is no event command that lets you do this.