• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tatikios said:
Greetings, everyone!
How do I proceed to install this mod?

First of all you need to have the expansion of CK, called Deus Vult

Then download this mod, from the link on the first page. It is in a zip-file, put this zip-file in your main Crusader Kings folder (C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings) and then right-click on the zip-file and select the option 'extract here'

Question:

Should not La Rioja be made Basque in culture in 1066? I have not found any info on this, but find it odd that it would be part of the Basque Kingdom of Navarra and not Basque in culture. But I may be incorrect too.

Anyone know more on this?

Drachenfire said:
Question:

Should not La Rioja be made Basque in culture in 1066? I have not found any info on this, but find it odd that it would be part of the Basque Kingdom of Navarra and not Basque in culture. But I may be incorrect too.

Anyone know more on this?

Just because it is part of the kingdom (duchy) of Navarre doesn't mean it ought to have Basque culture. Rioja now also isn't part of the Basque country.

Those are two different things, culture and which kingdom rules the province. Most kings of Navarra weren't Basque either.

1337 scenario

Jan Luxembourg, should have the blind-trait.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 62610 }
	name = "Jan"
	gender = male 
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =61 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 62611 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 62620 }
	country = DBOH
	religion = Catholic
	culture = German
	score = { gold = 150 prestige = 250 piety = 100 }
	birthdate = { year = 1296 month = august day = 10 }
	dna = "83863024328449"
	attributes = {
		martial = 8
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 8
		stewardship = 7
		health = 7
		fertility = 4
	}
	traits = {
		flamboyant_schemer = yes
		[COLOR=Lime]blind = yes[/COLOR]
	}
}

Garbon said:
I found this

http://underthehill.wordpress.com/2008/02/22/john-the-blind-king-of-bohemia/

Quote:
While on a crusading mission to Lithuania with the Teutonic Order around 1340, John lost his eyesight as result of ophthalmia and became blind, his eyesight gradually deteriorating until his death in 1346.

Interesting cause the Wikipedia-article says this

His travels took him to Silesia, Poland, Lithuania, Tyrol, Northern Italy, Papal Avignon, and Languedoc, where he was governor from 30 November 1338 to November 1340. He lost his eyesight from ophthalmia, while crusading in Lithuania with the Teutonic order.

As you can see, there is a dot behind 1340 and then a new sentence begins.

Now I don't want to say that Wiki is always right, but the German wiki-article says this

Johann von Luxemburg, der große Reiter und Turnierheld, war 1337 auf dem rechten Auge erblindet. Dies war eine Erbkrankheit der Luxemburger. Drei Jahre später verlor er nach einer missglückten Operation durch Guy de Chauliac auch das linke Auge und hieß fortan der Blinde.

Translated:
Jan Luxembourg, the great horsemen and tournament-hero, became blind on his right eye in 1337. Due to a inheritable disease of the Luxemburgers. Three years later he also lost his left eye. due to a failed operation by Guy de Chaulic and from then on was known as John the Blind

While this site site

http://www.mittelalter-genealogie.d...ann_der_blinde_koenig_von_boehmen_+_1346.html

says this

Nachdem er 1337 auf einem Auge erblindet war, unterzog er sich 1340 in Montpellier einer Operation, die ihm die Sehkraft vollends nahm.

Translated:
After he, in 1337, became blind on one eye, he took an operation in 13440 in Montpellier, which took his complete sight

So I would say that he was partly blind in 1337 and complete blind in 1340, which in my opinion is enough to give him the trait

Not being able to see with one eye = blind? :confused:

If anything, it sounds like trying to give someone a trait before they actually got it. ;)

Also, I'd suggest that because there is a period between 1340 and the sentence about blindness, that would seem to suggest that his blindness happened near or after that time.

Not being able to see with one eye = blind?

Well in the 1187 there is a character in the duchy of Antioch or Tripoli, called Bohemund. He had one eye, but he has been given the blind-trait. :)

I myself can only see with one eye, but I don't consider myself blind. So no blind-trait it is then for Jan.

Drachenfire said:
With all the improvements invested into this mod, will it be considered for the next CK patch do we know?

My own personal guess is no. Since like Jordarkelf has already said in this thread, he is the one who decides what gets in and what not. And somethings in this mod are controversial, like f.e. certain female rulers or dynastie-names, character-names, duchy-setups etc. Which according to your (or somebody elses interpertation are historical correct but not everybody (me f.e.) thinks that, it is the correct historical interpretation.

The reason (I think) that the changes of the 1.05 IP made it into DV is that Byakhiam was the one who mad that mod and he is a beta-tester of CK. None of the people in this thread are, as far as I know.

Also Paradox should focus on fixing the things that can't be fixed by modding (the Fatal Errors, Relationship-bug and so on).

Again to make it perfectly clear.

This is my personal opinion and the fact that I am a demi-moderator on this forum doesn't have any influence on that.

Anybody tried installing this mod after starting a game? I have a game that's only gotten as far as 1082, so I'm wondering what would happen if I installed this mod, which looks really good.

Finarfin said:
Anybody tried installing this mod after starting a game? I have a game that's only gotten as far as 1082, so I'm wondering what would happen if I installed this mod, which looks really good.

Well you can then encounter some weird duchy-names and culture-names in your game, but other then that there should be no problem since

A. Adding or removing characters from the starting scenario-files has no effect on an ongoing gam

B. Adding events after starting a game is no problem, those new events will then fire normally

But to fully enjoy this mod it is better to start all over

Garbon said:
In that particular eye.
Well enough to be declared "legally blind", ie visually impared to the point that you're vision cannot function on the same level as others.

@Finarfin:
It should not lead to problems as I only reassigned unused duchy tags, but you will not get any of the scenario changes.

So you will get the new duchy setup, and the modified or added events, but that's mostly it. Cultures will not change (except for the displayed names), so the Balkan won't become divided, and Spain and North Africa will remain Arab, not partially Berber. The Shia/Sunni split will also remain as in vanilla.

1337 scenario

The count of Rügen starts with zero gold, prestige and piety

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 71653 }
	name = "Barnim"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id = 177 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 71650 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 71651 }
	country = C304
	religion = Catholic