• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe that some of those dynasties are already in the game, just with a slightly different spelling

Veldmaarschalk said:
I believe that some of those dynasties are already in the game, just with a slightly different spelling

Probably ...while I was doing them last night I didn't bother to check the existing dynasty file for duplicates :)

edit: just checked the dynasty file .... and it seems that the following dynasties are already in the game:

Subic, Kán, Hunyadi, Garai and Báthoty(Báthori)

Last edited:
I'm going to have to exclude the characters like Š as they're not in the CK font.

Thanks for the list, will go in!

With regards to the existing dynasties -- should I use the updated provinces of your list, and rename 'Báthori' to 'Báthory', or leave it as-is?

jordarkelf said:
I'm going to have to exclude the characters like Š as they're not in the CK font.

Thanks for the list, will go in!

With regards to the existing dynasties -- should I use the updated provinces of your list, and rename 'Báthori' to 'Báthory', or leave it as-is?

I think the both versions of Báthori/Báthory is accepted, so you decide.

As for the updated provinces, I'll let you decide too ... it seems some of them have more in the original dynasties file, and some less, than what I have done. I guess one version is as good as the other.

Though since the Hunyadi dynasty is originally from Wallachia, I think my updated province list should be used for that dynasty. I couldn't find when they exactly moved into Transylvania, but I'm assuming that at least some of them stayed behind.

But a question would also be how exact you want the dynasty locations to be?? ... should all the Hungarian dynasties be able to spawn courtiers in all of Hungary??

I guess there is nothing that says that a Hunyadi member couldn't appear at the court in Pressburg or Tencín, even though the family is based in Transylvania.

9.2 is out.

Final DVIP version 9.2 changelog:

Database:
*) Upper Brittany renamed to Breton March
*) Province 276 has been renamed to Hedmark
*) Some dynasties renamed to localized versions
*) Welsh naming list revised
*) Porhoet dynasty renamed to De Porhoët
*) Base income of Apulia and Consenza swapped
*) Great number of Finnish dynasties added
*) Buchanan dynasty added to Scotland
*) Huntington dynasty renamed to Huntingdon
*) Many Hungarian dynasties added
*) Added a few Cornish dynasties

1066:
*) First three children of Raoul de Valois have lost Anna Rurikovich as their mother
*) Restored nickname of Vladimir Monomakh
*) Corrected errors in Scottish ruling dynasty and swapped some children's traits
*) Verdun is now French as is its dynasty. Missing children added.
*) Sundgau reassigned to Verdun
*) Added the extended family of Drogo de Brevere
*) Brient Penteur is count of Cornwall
*) Robert de Conteville moved to Exeter (repr. Mortain)
*) Characters added to Boulogne, Guines, Eu
*) Gallo Bretons (re)turned into French and returned their original names
*) Pedro Froilaz shares his father's dynasty
*) Added missing characters to Capua
*) Added the county of Lecce (repr. Brindisi)

1187:
*) Scots king William is now called The Lion, his dead brother Malcolm 'Virgo'.
*) Baldwin of Utrecht is now Boudewijn
*) Vikings of Orkney have their cognomen and claims on Western Isles
*) Added several characters to Western Isles
*) Added bastard son of John Lackland
*) Added several minor nobles to England
*) Linked up the dynasties of Flanders and Upper Lorraine
*) Returned several Gallo Breton nobles to French culture and returned their original names
*) Oultrejordain is ruled by Stephanie de Milly. Law has been changed to semisalic.
*) Added multiple characters to the De Milly family of K. of Jerusalem
*) Added county of Embriacos in Beirut repr. Jebail/Giblet
*) Moved Joscelin de Courtenay to Safed and gave him his wife
*) Spanish knight order has the right setup again

1337:
*) Ilkhanate setup revised

Last edited:
TempestDK said:
Probably ...while I was doing them last night I didn't bother to check the existing dynasty file for duplicates :)

edit: just checked the dynasty file .... and it seems that the following dynasties are already in the game:

Subic, Kán, Hunyadi, Garai and Báthoty(Báthori)

The Frankopan also exist already

Code:
dynasty = {
id = { type = 12 id = 19024 }
name = "Frankopan"
province = { }
}

In 1337, all vassals of the Il-Khanate were rebellious to encourage its collapse, especially seeing as how it was more or less a quickly evaporating reality in 1337.

Also, I think modest is a mistake for Hasan Buzurg. After all, he raised a puppet to the throne and married himself to the former Khan's wife. In fact, during the later part of his rule, the Jalayrids started to become de-facto independents. I don't think that not choosing to destroy the Il-Khanate or take the throne for himself = modest.

Last edited:
Jinnai said:
Also Delsad Katun has had her money given to Hasan. Since she was already pregnant can't see her not giving what money she had as a dowry.

She was pregnant with Abu Sa'id's child when she married Hasan.

Veldmaarschalk said:
The Frankopan also exist already

Code:
dynasty = {
id = { type = 12 id = 19024 }
name = "Frankopan"
province = { }
}

I must have somehow missed that one ;) ...so much for WordPad's Find function :D

I think Veld checked with his own game, not with the DVIP. As mentioned above, I had renamed that dynasty a few released back ;)

I hope that I'm close to a "perfect" release now, time to focus on the other mods I have in the pipeline... and Rome :D

Awesome. Thanks for the new release.

I have to start a new game though for the CoA of the Spanish order in Cuenca to properly appear. Loading a saved game won't work for it. Doesn't matter to me in any case.

Templier

Templier: that's because it looks for the CoA for U001.
I use U001 for the Order of Santiago in my own game (now also in More Kingdoms), and had forgotten to change it back for the previous DVIP release.

----

Hasimir Fenring has contributed a french translation for the DVIP, it is added to the download thread.

jordarkelf said:
I think Veld checked with his own game, not with the DVIP. As mentioned above, I had renamed that dynasty a few released back ;)

I hope that I'm close to a "perfect" release now, time to focus on the other mods I have in the pipeline... and Rome :D

Ah ok :D ...that explains it :)

I have some more dynasties ready soon from: Croatia, Bohemia,Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Thessaloniki, Byzantium, Crete/Byzantium, Bosnia, Albania and Montenegro

Garbon said:
She was pregnant with Abu Sa'id's child when she married Hasan.
We cannot add pregnancy to the setup. Therefore I gave them a child at the start of the game. This (editing to reflect something that would happen within the year) isn't without president.
Garbon said:
Also, I think modest is a mistake for Hasan Buzurg. After all, he raised a puppet to the throne and married himself to the former Khan's wife. In fact, during the later part of his rule, the Jalayrids started to become de-facto independents. I don't think that not choosing to destroy the Il-Khanate or take the throne for himself = modest.
Historians have decided given circumstances both then and later in life that his chosing to try and restore the Il-Khanate/centralize the state while not taking power himself was atleast partly out of modesty.
jordarkelf said:
With DV and a child ruler, the collapse will still occur. It might even be more dramatic now.
Even if it's found to be not the case, Hasan should still be loyal. He was the one who put the child-khan in power and wanted the restoration of the Il-Khanate, not to rule himself.

And yes, we now have a child ruler who has rather poor stats and will be a child for several years.

1066 scenario

county of Surrey

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/NORMAN NOBILITY.htm#_Toc172613610

Count William de Warenne had at least one elder brother, named Rudolph just like his father

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 1100417 }
	name = "Rudolph"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =748 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 174 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 1100418 }
	country = C024
	religion = catholic
	culture = norman
	birthdate = { year = 1032 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "32089419000817"
	attributes = {
		martial = 8
		diplomacy = 7
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 5
		health = 8
		fertility = 5
	}
	traits = {
		shy = yes
		misguided_warrior = yes
	}
}

Also there (possible) mother is missing (who through the female line is related to de Bretieuls)

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 1100418 }
	name = "Beatrice"
	gender = female
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =534 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 6803 }
	country = c024
	religion = catholic
	culture = Norman
	birthdate = { year = 1001 month = january day = 1 }
	deathdate = { year = 1058 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "32099419000117"
	attributes = {
		martial = 7
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 8
		stewardship = 7
		health = 7
		fertility = 6
	}
	traits = {
		martial_cleric = yes
	}
}

And make her William's mother to

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 172 }
	name = "William"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id =748 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 174 }
	[COLOR=Lime]mother = { type = 10 id = 1100418 }[/COLOR]
	country = C024
	religion = catholic
	culture = norman
	score = { gold = 25 prestige = 100 piety = 100 }
	birthdate = { year = 1034 month = january day = 1 }
	dna = "32879449560850"
	attributes = {
		martial = 5
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 8
		stewardship = 7
		health = 8
		fertility = 6
	}
	traits = {
		honest = yes
		martial_cleric = yes
	}
}

EDIT
The father and mother should be married of course

Code:
marrige = {
		primary = { type = 10 id = 174 }
		secondary = { type = 10 id = 1100418 }
		startdate = { year = 1030 month = january day = 1 }
		enddate = { year = 1058 month = january day = 1 }
	}

Last edited:
1337 scenario

KIng Afonso of Castille-Leon, starts without gold, piety and prestige

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 57500 }
	name = "Alfonso"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id = 281 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 57520 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 59511 }
	country = CAST
	religion = Catholic
	culture = castillan
         [COLOR=Lime]   score = { gold = 250 prestige = 250 piety = 100 }[/COLOR]
	birthdate = { year = 1311 month = august day = 11 }
	dna = "38356880238126"
	attributes = {
		martial = 5
		diplomacy = 8
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 6
		health = 7
		fertility = 8
	}
	traits = {
		lazy = yes
		sceptical = yes
		flamboyant_schemer = yes
	}
}

Jinnai said:
We cannot add pregnancy to the setup. Therefore I gave them a child at the start of the game. This (editing to reflect something that would happen within the year) isn't without president.

Did this change in DV? When Delsad was added in the CK beta patches, she started off as pregnant. :confused:

Jinnai said:
Historians have decided given circumstances both then and later in life that his chosing to try and restore the Il-Khanate/centralize the state while not taking power himself was atleast partly out of modesty.

Sounds a little fishy but alright.

Jinnai said:
Even if it's found to be not the case, Hasan should still be loyal. He was the one who put the child-khan in power and wanted the restoration of the Il-Khanate, not to rule himself.

And yes, we now have a child ruler who has rather poor stats and will be a child for several years.
Agreed.