• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jordarkelf said:
Few, had me worried there for a sec. I'm not really looking forward to another complete retagging like Scotland. :)
Well you still need to retrait Persia from Sunni to Shiite for several scenerios...

Thanks for the reminder...

Was a list of rulers (or provinces) to be changed somewhere already? Until the 16th century Persia's rulers at least were Sunni, and so most of its people.

Shiite islam only became the majority muslim sect in Persia with the Safavid dynasty, essentially an invasion of Azeris (Turks).

Good place to start:
Wikipedia: Shia Iran before the Safavid Empire

I'm at work atm so i can't really do too much research, but that lists some dynasties and important people.

Zaydi dynasty:
All should be sceptical shia's (best way to deal with heretic branch of shia islam without implimenting new stuff).
1066 & 1187
Provinces - 660-666
All should have claims (1066 only) on 662 (Mazandaran) from the kingdom that was destroyed <50 years before. 1187, only those in 662 should have the claim.
============
Buwayhid Dynasty:
1066: Should have scattering around everywhere. All of them should have a title of some sort since they were all recently conquered by Sejuks. None should be counts.

Claims should be either:
Hamadan (Duchy) (QOMA)
Esfahan (Duchy) (ESFA)
Fars (Duchy) (SHIR)
Baghdad (Duchy) (BAGH)
Hormuz (Duchy) (HORM)
Khorasan (Duchy) (LUTA)
Mazander (Duchy) (MAZA)

Only one claim per shia.
======
Other mentions about the split of Ismailis (largest branch of Shia) being in both Egypt and Iran, thus there should be additional representation in all scenerios for shia w/o claims in those areas. I can't find much in the way of Shia in Turkey or the western coast outside Egypt, except Mecca.

I just can't find much evidence of shi'ite rulers outside of a small area around the Persian gulf (and of course the Fatimids and some of the North African tribes) until the late 14th century.

I have found a small number of shiite scholars for both 1066 and 1187 scenarios, so I'm adding those at least.

jordarkelf said:
I just can't find much evidence of shi'ite rulers outside of a small area around the Persian gulf (and of course the Fatimids and some of the North African tribes) until the late 14th century.

I have found a small number of shiite scholars for both 1066 and 1187 scenarios, so I'm adding those at least.
rule = no
courtiers = yes

I did mention those courtiers should be added, with claims only for 1066 (and 1 for 1187), not ruling, even as vassal counts.

Education events

Hey there

Just having my very first real game with DVIP9.1 (+ More Kingdoms, Pledging fix, and some gfx mods).

I have noticed that almost none of the kids now get education events ...is this intentional?? ...and if so, why?

I would imagine that later on it will become very hard to get a Diocese Bishop.

Not intentional, a result of accidentally including the wrong file in the download. The download thread has the fix (and the current package has been updated).

9.1 will be out soon once I fix a few annoyances left in it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the silly question, but does the DVIP include the Pledging Fix mod?

I was just thinking about something and I realized we could probably set heretic to be opposite of sunni and shiite and reduce the need for the heretic removal event added in 9.x to pagans and jews, thus reducing cpu load.
No, it doesn't
And probably won't because it's quite cumbersome, even more than Divine Shadow's mod.

Hdemark?

I was just wondering .... can it be true that PROV276 should be called Hdemark?? ... the ruling dynasty there is 'of Hedmark' which also makes more sense as a norwegian name.

I was also thinking about changing some of the 'of' dynasty names, to better suit the region/culture they are from ... so Bo of Sjaelland would become Bo af Sjaelland, which would be the correct danish term.

I do know that some of the generic provincial names could end up the same as the ruling dynasty. But would they then be treated as dynasty members?? ... or is the game able to distinguish them from each other as they do not have the same ID??

Problem is also that I do not know all the different naming conventions for the 'of' part. I know the following:

Danish, Norwegian: af
Swedish: af (might be 'av' actually ...not 100% sure)
Faroese/Icelandic: av
German: von
Dutch: van
French: de or d'
Spanish: de

But anyone have ideas for places like Russia, Hungary, Greece, African and muslim regions?

If such a change was made, would it be worth putting in the DVIP? ..or do people prefer the english 'of' version?

I could help with Russia - and it might actually be worthwile. If only I am a bit lazy to go through the file myself - could you produce the list of all province-based toponymics in Russia? I would then convert it into "slavicized" format.

For the dynasty names, I want to keep the "of Province" (100001-101003, 100+province number) with "of", but all the others should be in the original form. This update I changed the "of Orkney" to "av Orkneyjar", "of Rügen" to "von Rügen", and a few others -- but not the "of Province" ones.

But I really would like some more dynasties in certain areas. The further you go east, the fewer dynasties there seem to be.

I was just wondering .... can it be true that PROV276 should be called Hdemark?? ... the ruling dynasty there is 'of Hedmark' which also makes more sense as a norwegian name.

It should be Hedmark

I went through the dynasty file (skipping all the placeholder 'of' names) and found quite a bit. What does it mean where there is no province number for a dynasty?? ...that it only exists for starting characters??

These have no provinces attachetd to them:

of Persia
of Habsburg
of Gelre
of Rethel
of Baliol
of Kiev
of Gwynedd
of Thuringen
of Meissen
of Austria
of Berg
of Olmutz
of Bohemia
of Norway
of Denmark
of Aquitaine
of Freysey
of Sudrey
of Sola
of Aurland
of Giske
of Greenland
of Ladir
av Bornholm is using norwegian form ...should be 'af Bornholm' in danish
of Viborg
of Vendland
of Kyjev
of Poland
of Hungary
of Bar
of Lusace
of Crepon
of Tours
of Paris
of Ulaid
of Laigin
of Armagh
of Flanders
of Jimièges
of Lucca
of Macedonia
of Styria
of Zähringen
of Swabia
of Saxony
of Lorraine
of Arles
of Vienne
of Upper Burgundy
of Barcelona
of Atholl
of Cumans
of Polotsk
of Moravia
of Sanhaja
of Dongola
of Ghazni
of Wagria
of Hlidarendi
of Mercia
of Italy
of Neustria
of France
of Pechora

I also found the following attached to provinces (province numbers in parenteses):

of Iceland (1,2) - should be 'av'
of Haukadalur (1,2) - should be 'av'
of Oddi (1,2) - should be 'av'
of Prussia (369,370,371,422,427) - 'von'?
of Lithuania (423) - ??
of Pomerelia (428) - ??
of Opole (428) - ??
of Strymon (493) - ??
of Serbia (502) - ??
of Srednogorie (507) - ??
of Ossetia (603) - ??
of Armenia (670) - ??
of Tiflis (679) - ??
of Lusignan (699,708,734,756,757,763,765,766,770-80,783-785) - deLusignan?
of Karasi (744) - ??
of Lambron (758) - ??
of Nobatae (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Makuria (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Faras (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Wizz (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Alwah (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Soba (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Blemmyes (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Garamantes (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Khor Nubt (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??
of Debba (792,793,794 Nubia) - ??