• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't reproduce that.
I let the game run two months and regularily checked the ledger -- including before letting one day pass, and it didn't crash for me. I went through individual pages, or jumped through.

I use DVIP 9(.1) with More Kingdoms and a few nonreleased and third-party mods in my own game

jordarkelf said:
I can't reproduce that.
I let the game run two months and regularily checked the ledger -- including before letting one day pass, and it didn't crash for me. I went through individual pages, or jumped through.

I use DVIP 9(.1) with More Kingdoms and a few nonreleased and third-party mods in my own game

Weird ...I can reproduce it everytime on my installation .... maybe I'll try 9.1 and see how that goes.

But if it just means I have to wait 6 days to find a bride, and use the ledger, I can probably live with that ;)

Fatal error

nope ...getting your latest version (9.1) of DVIP still has the same result. Odd.

Anyways, I found a bug with the County of Feher in Hungary.

Ruler Máté Ákos (37 years old) and his wife Jolan (34) have the following children at the beginning of 1066-campaign:

Sugarka (24), Zila (22) and Maria (17).

The two oldest children are a bit too old to be Jolan's I think. Otherwise she was a very young mother. Máté is also too young to have the first too children.

Nice find. Agreed, that looks like an error. I'll try to find some info on Feher.

//Bug dates back to vanilla...
Can't find any info on Fehér's rulers in the 11th Century. I think I'll just bump back the dates of the parents for now.

Last edited:
Veldmaarschalk said:
This site lists Morvan, Alain and Guyomarch de Leon

It doesn't give much information, but it is based on this source

L'ascendance de complète de Christian Louis Michel Hubert Henri 2000., Henri, Christian, Reference: 10662662144

Excuse me, but I must be very sceptical about your source. This one is not the work of a historian, it's the work of a man who published his ancestry.

Be that as it may; the origins of Léon dynasty are very dark. According to my book (cf infra.), we don't know who held the county of Léon in 1066 :(

+first mention about viscounty of Léon is dated 1021. The count is named Guyomarc'h. He is still alive in another document dated 1055. But according to my book, "he surely died shortly afterwards. We don't know who succeed him.
+viscount of Léon is not mentioned in any sources until 1103, when Guiomarc'h II (grandson of Guiomarc'h I) is murdered. In 1066, the count of Léon should be Guiomarc'h II 's father. It can be the "Alan" mentionned in your site. But there isn't any historical source about him :(

Maybe the best solution is to:

+ create a new character: Alan Leon, count of Léon and son of Guiomarc'h I. Then he should be born before Guiomarc'h I's death(1055), something between 1040 and 1050.
+ give the newly created count, a son named Guiomarc'h (the one who died in 1103). Like I said, we dunno his birthdate. What do you think of 1065 ?

What do you think Veld ? (and Jord of course ;))

Hasimir Fenring said:
+ create a new character: Alan Leon, count of Léon and son of Guiomarc'h I. Then he should be born before Guiomarc'h I's death(1055), something between 1040 and 1050.
+ give the newly created count, a son named Guiomarc'h (the one who died in 1103). Like I said, we dunno his birthdate. What do you think of 1065 ?

What do you think Veld ? (and Jord of course ;))

Well, I don't say my source is a good source, just that it does mention some of the people who are also in CK :)

But I find it strange that the development-team of CK has made up a whole family (the counts of Leon) with possible 'fantasy-characters'. When they didn't know who was the count of some place, then a 'place-holder' count was created, but it is very unusual for them to make a whole family of place-holders.

Someone in the development-team must have done some research and found some information about this 'family', else they wouldn't have created it I think.
Sadly enough we don't know who did this and we also don't know what is sources are.

But since we can't almost find nothing, I agree with you that a lot of the characters in the 1066-county of Leon should go.

Okay, so you're saying it goes:
Guiomarc'h I - dead by 1055, 1056
(son of the above) - count in 1066
Guiomarc'h II - born by 1066

According to the website:
Guiomarc'h I
Morvan
Alain
Guiomarc'h II

The setup in CK unmodified:
Guiomarc'h I
Morvan
Guiomarc'h II and Alan
(sons)

So the disagreement here is:
Ala(i)n -- is he the father or brother of Guiomarc'h II, or did he not exist at all

I propose the following setup (unless of course there's strong objections):
Guiomarc'h I
Morvan
Alain -- count in 1066
Guiomarc'h II

Using dates as they are currently in CK, except the dates of Guiomarc'h II will be adjusted so that he is a plausible son and not brother of Alain, something like 9 in 1066.
Children of Alain and G II will be removed.

Last edited:
I cant wait to see what the AI king of England does with Alain Rufas ... will he make him his marshal? .... or after the raisings of the Northern Saxon Earls will the AI king of England make Alain as earl of one of those northern counties? Cant wait to see!

Jord, didn't you mention the possibility of changing the Anglo-Saxon culture into the older name of Ænglisc ? What did you decide on that?

@ Hasimir: You may need to check out that book for another term :p as I am composing some questions for you to translate for me ;) Send me your email address so I can send you my questions my friend.

Not sure about changing Saxon yet. Changing it to Englisc may be a bit too much of a change to include -- the other cultures all have modern names after all.
Dutch isn't called "Hollands" (or "Diets" if I were to pick an older name for it), German not "Deutsch", etc..

jordarkelf said:
Not sure about changing Saxon yet. Changing it to Englisc may be a bit too much of a change to include -- the other cultures all have modern names after all.
Dutch isn't called "Hollands" (or "Diets" if I were to pick an older name for it), German not "Deutsch", etc..

I am confused on one point: wasnt it voted on before that the culture of England would be Anglo-Saxon, rather then just Saxon? Im neutral on the subject (they are all Saesneg in Welsh, hehe) but dont remember what was determined by that.

That was one of the unresolved things in the old improvement packs. In IP1 it was Saxon, in IP2 it was Anglo-Saxon, but there was a lot of discussion about changing it back for IP3 (which never came).
I figure that anyone who really wants to change it, can do so himself.

Saesneg? :D
Just like Scots Sassenach.

another prosposal concerning ... Brittany of course :D

In my book ... again :

"In 1066, with Hoel's ascension, all the conditions were combined to strenghten ducal authority. The new duke was the owner of 4 counties. In addition of the counties of Nantes and Cornouaille, he inherited from his parents, Hoel also rules the counties of Rennes and Vannes which he received from his wife."

Further in the chapter concerning Hoel's reign:

"In accordance with Conan II last wishes, Hoel granted the city of Rennes and the ducal demesne in the same county to Jaffrez Grenonat, half-brother of the deceased."

According to me we should:

+Make Hoel duke and give him counties of Cornouaille, Vannes and Nantes.
+Give back to Jaffrez Grenonat his county of Rennes.

If you want to keep Hawise/Hawiz duchess, we could:

+give Rennes to Jaffrez Grenonat
+give Vannes to Hawiz

In all of the case, the Porhoet dynasty can't rule county of Vannes. Here is a small extract quoted in the same book:

"Even if, there is no more autonomous count of Vannes during the XIth century, the "Vannetais" still remained a frequent residence of the dukes"

Moreover the Porhoet's viscounty never matched with Vannetais' territory.
So, Vannes should be part of the ducal demesne and Porhoet dynasty members sent to the ducal court.

All the info I can find suggests that Rennes was the ducal capital (except for 1098-1101, when it was Nantes) until the 14th century.

As for Vannes -- Wiki here gives Josselin de Porhoet as Viscomte de Vannes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porhoët

I know the CK map sucks, so decision has to be made to represent the ducal holdings, or the Porhoet/Rohan holdings there. I prefer the latter since we already have several counties for the Kerne and Roazhon dynasties...

jordarkelf said:
All the info I can find suggests that Rennes was the ducal capital (except for 1098-1101, when it was Nantes) until the 14th century.

As for Vannes -- Wiki here gives Josselin de Porhoet as Viscomte de Vannes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porhoët

I know the CK map sucks, so decision has to be made to represent the ducal holdings, or the Porhoet/Rohan holdings there. I prefer the latter since we already have several counties for the Kerne and Roazhon dynasties...

French Vannes of corse is Breton Gwened, linguistically akin to Welsh Gwynedd.

I agree with Jord on this actually. I think it important to have the Viscountcy represented by the Porhoet dynasty in place there for diversity. Its the same reasoning raising the Leon dynasty from viscounts to counts for the purposes of the game here.

I understand your gameplay way of thinking.

But concerning Rennes, I really think that we should give it back to Jaffrez Grenonat. It was Conan II wish, and Hoel respected it. More later, Alan Fergant Kerne would have to face Jaffrez revolt, and after defeating him, he'll bring Rennes back in the ducal demesne.

Hasimir Fenring said:
I understand your gameplay way of thinking.

But concerning Rennes, I really think that we should give it back to Jaffrez Grenonat. It was Conan II wish, and Hoel respected it. More later, Alan Fergant Kerne would have to face Jaffrez revolt, and after defeating him, he'll bring Rennes back in the ducal demesne.

The reasoning for giving Rennes to Hawise is because she was hereditary Duchess of Brittany (though Hoel excercised authority through her). The Ducal capital was the city of Rennes... even if Jeffrez was Count of the County of Rennes. The question is what is more important here... the capital of Rennes or the county of Rennes? The two are not necessarily the same thing.

If we do chose to give Rennes to Hawise's bastard brother Jeffrez then should we make Nantes the defacto Ducal capital?

What specifically did your book say on Konan's desire to give Rennes to Jeffrez... his bastard brother?