• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jordarkelf said:
I don't plan to add a homosexual/sodomite trait -- or touch any of the three user defined traits at all (for the mod).

Thanks for the info and the nickname for the Frenchie king :)

No problem for the nickname.

Can you show me how to add the gay trait so I may add it?

Veldmaarschalk has this trait in his TASS Mod I believe.

To create this yourself, these are the files you need to change:
*) \config\deus_vult.csv -- change the displayed name of one of TRAIT_NAME_USER_DEFINED_A, B, or C to 'homosexual' or however you wantt o call it. Veld picked 'B'.
*) \db\traits.txt: change the entry for 'user_defined_b' (or other, if picked) to have the effects you like, and set opinion.
*) \gfx\interface\traits.bmp -- edit the graphic for (A), (B), or (C) to a suitable icon.

You will need to create an event to set the trait, it will not automatically appear.

jordarkelf said:
Veldmaarschalk has this trait in his TASS Mod I believe.

To create this yourself, these are the files you need to change:
*) \config\deus_vult.csv -- change the displayed name of one of TRAIT_NAME_USER_DEFINED_A, B, or C to 'homosexual' or however you wantt o call it. Veld picked 'B'.
*) \db\traits.txt: change the entry for 'user_defined_b' (or other, if picked) to have the effects you like, and set opinion.
*) \gfx\interface\traits.bmp -- edit the graphic for (A), (B), or (C) to a suitable icon.

You will need to create an event to set the trait, it will not automatically appear.

Great! I may ressurect something I was looking into before about a series of events for traits for Effeminate, Sodomite, and prehaps butch!

Has anyone experienced fatal errors in the Ledger??

After installing the DVIP9 and MK, I cannot flip through the pages anymore without getting a fatal error :(

Not sure if the problem came with DVIP9 or MK sadly. I haven't had any problems before with the older versions of those two mods.

You made a mistake Drachenfire. Philippe II was not surnamed "Augustas" but "Auguste".

BTW wouldn't it be better to rename "Capet" dynasty to "de France". "Capet" seems wrong to me. It is limited to Hughes I. It was used much more later after CK era, especially during Louis XVI's trial.

Some more names for Russian culture. Actually, introduction of pagan Russians, though historically accurate, poses a technical problem. More than half of the names on the list (both the original and the one I'm offering) are christian in nature, and would not be used by pagans. Still, I don't see how it can be avoided (vice versa is not a problem, as pagan names could be used by christians).

Anyway, here are male and female parts:
Code:
russian;male;Afanasiy
russian;male;Budimir
russian;male;Dobrynya
russian;male;Elisey
russian;male;Emelyan
russian;male;Fedot
russian;male;Gavriil
russian;male;Kirill
russian;male;Lev
russian;male;Mihajlo
russian;male;Mitrofan
russian;male;Ostromir
russian;male;Peresvet
russian;male;Putyata
russian;male;Ratmir
russian;male;Ruslan
russian;male;Sila
russian;male;Svetozar
russian;male;Ustin
russian;male;Vasilko
russian;male;Vladislav
russian;male;Vyshata
russian;male;Yefimiy

russian;female;Aglaya
russian;female;Anisya
russian;female;Darya
russian;female;Gorislava
russian;female;Lada
russian;female;Lyubava
russian;female;Lyudmila
russian;female;Malanya
russian;female;Malusha
russian;female;Marfa
russian;female;Praskovya
russian;female;Snezhana
russian;female;Svetlana
russian;female;Tatiana
russian;female;Varvara
russian;female;Yaroslava
russian;female;Zabava
russian;female;Zinaida

You might also consider adding some "normalizer" names, repeating the more popular male ones one more time to ensure they turn up more often than all the rest. In that case, here's a short list:
Code:
russian;male;Vladimir
russian;male;Oleg
russian;male;Vasilii
russian;male;Ivan
russian;male;Dmitrii
russian;male;Yurii
russian;male;Boris

The Duke of Deheubarth has no score value as those remain with the replaced.
Just copy to paste to fix so no worries. And there seems to be clones among the sons of the welsh courts.

And to Drachenfire there was no link between Effeminism and homosexuality during the subject period that only was born from the stereotypes of the eighteenth century.

my first feedback about DVIP 9, I've noticed some errors.

+county of Léon (in Brittany, not in Spain): count Guiomarc'h should be the only one character, all the others should be removed (no historical sources).

+county of Geneve: rename "of Geneve" dynasty into "von Genf" as we said before

+county of Penthièvre: Eozen Penteur should be count instead of his son Jaffrez Botterel (he inherited his father in 1079). Rename Alan the Red Penteur into Alan "Rufus" Penteur (same surname as William II Rufus of Normandy IIRC)

@Hasimir Fenring: I did rename the dynasty... so probably they have the generic province one. Will swap.

Léon: you mean his current brother Alan and sons Hervé, Warner, and bastard Hervé are not historical?

As for Penthìevre -- Eozen was imprisoned in 1057 by Konan II, and I haven't found any evidence his son relinquished rule back to him when he was released in 1062.

@Orinsil: what do you mean with clones? There are quite a few with the same name, but that seems to have actually been the case.

@TempestDK: No crash in the ledger for me...

@Walter: thanks, will add. You're right about the name problem, but it's no different than Mohammeds being born to Catholic arabs...

Last edited:
WIP DVIP version 9.1 changelog:

Database:
*) Added several Russian names (Thanks Walter Haywood)
*) Province names: Breton Leon now Léon, Iberian Leon now León. Feher and Fejer got the accent on the second E
*) Colour of DEHEurbath changed so its not identical to Gwynned
*) Added names to many cultures (from the "new names" forum thread)
*) Some Byzantine dynasic names corrected to proper spelling
*) Lower Brittany renamed to Brittany.
*) Berber kingdom of Zenata renamed to Tlemcen (Zenata was the tribe, Tlemcen the realm)
*) (Turkish) Bulgar renamed Volga Bulgaria
*) Merged all duplicate dynasties -- any characters with the same last name are now the same dynasty

1066:
*) Rulers of Geneve now of "von Genf" dynasty, not generic "of Geneve"
*) Alan the Red now Alan Rufus
*) Scotland's capital has been moved to Fife (thanks Drachenfire)
*) Penthièvre is ruled again by Eozen, not his son Jafrez
*) Ahistorical family members removed from Léon
*) Ruler of Fehér and his wife have been made 6 years older so they won't have had children before 14
*) Breton claim on Arques changed to one on Avranches
*) De Gaels have received their nicknames (Radulf stalre, Radulf de Guader)
*) Rhiwallon of Dol killed and his son Jean added, delinked from Breton ducal dynasty and given 'FitzAlan' dynasty (ancestors of the House of Stewart)
*) Brittany: Hoel is duke instead of his wife.
*) Michael Doukas of Turnovo is no longer inbred
*) Resolved a number of crashes caused by errors in Charlemagne's family tree
*) Made Omar Khayyam friends with Nizam al-Mulik and Hassan i-Sabah
*) Added a few shiites to Persia
*) Fatimid dynasty is berber
*) Tlemcen (Zenata) is shiite and sceptical, representing the Kharijites
*) Balearic isles are ruled by serb muslims (Denia replaced the rulers with slavs)
*) Name of Slavic founder of Denia completed to Muyahid ibn Yusuf ibn Ali
*) Galicia and León start allied to represent León's nominal lordship
*) Corrected the birthdate of a few jews in Castille
*) Removed invalid marriage records

1187:
*) Buchan now ruled by Éua ingen Garnait of Buchan; husband and son added
*) Eleanor now rules Aquitania, her son Richard the Lionheart is ruler of Gascony
*) Richard the Lionheart is friends with his mother and with Philippe Auguste Capet
*) French rulers of Geneve now of "of Geneve" dynasty, not German "von Genf"
*) Changed two instances of the name Guyomarch to Guyomarc'h
*) Arthur of Brittany and siblings given English culture
*) Added a few shiites to Persia
*) Removed invalid marriage records

Last edited:
jordarkelf said:
@Hasimir Fenring: I did rename the dynasty... so probably they have the generic province one. Will swap.

Léon: you mean his current brother Alan and sons Hervé, Warner, and bastard Hervé are not historical?

As for Penthìevre -- Eozen was imprisoned in 1057 by Konan II, and I haven't found any evidence his son relinquished rule back to him when he was released in 1062.

Léon: Alan, Hervé, Warner, and Hervé the bastard are not historical. They should be removed. Historical sources only refers to count Guiomarc'h (circa1035-1105). His ancestors (grand father Guiomarch and father Morvan) should also be removed.

Concerning Penthièvre: here is a small extract from the book I borrow to the university (feodal Brittany XI-XIII century):

"After Conan II death, ducal power weakened. Even if external threats had been pushed away, ducal power only exercised on county of Rennes. At the north of the peninsula, Eudes/Eozen, driven away from ducal government, exercised a formidable power in Penthièvre and Trégor, threatening ducal authority..."

According to me, there can't be ambiguity: Eozen must be count of Penthièvre.

Some bugs and comments concerning Russian principalities:

- Kruglets in Rostov shares portrait and age with his father (should be about 10). :)
- Putyata Vyshatic should start in Kiev (not in Chernigov).
- Ratibor of Pereyaslavl should be aged 20, not 2 in 1066.
- Did you decide not to implement mutual friendship and alliance between princes of Kiev, Pereyaslavl and Chernigov, or just forgot to do it?

Hasimir Fenring said:
Léon: Alan, Hervé, Warner, and Hervé the bastard are not historical. They should be removed. Historical sources only refers to count Guiomarc'h (circa1035-1105). His ancestors (grand father Guiomarch and father Morvan) should also be removed.

Concerning Penthièvre: here is a small extract from the book I borrow to the university (feodal Brittany XI-XIII century):

"After Conan II death, ducal power weakened. Even if external threats had been pushed away, ducal power only exercised on county of Rennes. At the north of the peninsula, Eudes/Eozen, driven away from ducal government, exercised a formidable power in Penthièvre and Trégor, threatening ducal authority..."

According to me, there can't be ambiguity: Eozen must be count of Penthièvre.

Yes, the usurper Eozen should be count of Penthièvre per Hasimir's evidence (The Penteur clan were very rebellious to and jealous of centralized Ducal authority, tis true). On a side note, I do think it appropriate for his son Alan Rufas should have the Frankish name of Penthièvre rather then the Breton Penteur... to show that his alliegence is more towards the Norman/Frankish invaders of England then to his native Brittany.

@ Jordarkelf: THANK YOU for all the time and effort you are putting into making the Improvement Pack the best and most accurate that it can be! I think you are doing a great job!

@ Orinsul: What I am thinking are personality traits: One personality trait is masculine, another feminine. Not everyone will receive these traits... rather these traits would represent the extream representations of them: hyper-masculine, or ultra feminine. In addition to this, If possible, I would like to further mode a gay trait to be one on ten characters as gay. I will post my recommendations in another thread though as Jord does not wish to include this in this IP.

Last edited:
Hasimir Fenring said:

This site lists Morvan, Alain and Guyomarch de Leon

It doesn't give much information, but it is based on this source

L'ascendance de complète de Christian Louis Michel Hubert Henri 2000., Henri, Christian, Reference: 10662662144

Fatal error

I think I found the problem :)

If you start the game (at least in 1066) and browse through the ledger BEFORE Jan. 1st. 1067, the game crashes. It happens consistently when either browsing back from page 9, when you get to page 6. Or from page 1 forward, when you get past page 2.

I tried starting up different duchies, kingdoms and counties, and found that sometimes I didn't get that fatal crash. So I thought the problem was with specific countries. But the I tried Duchy of Anjou a few times ...first time crashed, second time went ok, third time crashed.

I tried again with Anjou ... paused the game on the 27th. Dec 1066 and went to look for a bride. Fatal error.

I restarted with Anjou ... waited until 10th. Jan 1067, paused and then went to the bridal finder. Now it worked fine.

I have then tested 3 tried with Duchy of Samos:

1 - ok (ledger opened on 5th jan 1067)
2 - ok (ledger opened on 2nd. jan 1067)
3 - fail (ledger opened on 30th. dec 1066)

Can anyone else confirm this??

I have not had this problem with DVIP8.

I tested DVIP9 without any other mods at all ..only CKDV 2.1 beta. Same error, so it is not an inconsistency with other mods.