• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interim changelog updated on first page :)

I'm looking into fixing the 1187 and leet scenarios as well, but for some reason they keep crashing. If I manage to fix them they'll go in, otherwise... tough :D

As a side note -- has anyone had revolters with an illogical culture as well? I have had arabs revolt deep in berber territory.
It seems revolting nations take their culture from province.csv, which was not updated for DV (or 1.05 for that matter!). I've added the 1066 province setup to this file, hopefully to fix it.

Some other issues.

These rulers start with zero gold, piety and prestige

Some bugs

1187 scenario
Character-ID 12366, Burchard von Querfurt, count of Plauen

1337 scenario
Character-ID 62823, Otto Welf, duke of Brunswick
Character-ID 62742, Guillaume de Hainaut, count of Hainaut
Character-ID 61718, Robert d'Anjou, duke of Calabria

Some suggestions

1066 scenario
- You might want to make Dirk van Holland (character-ID 106520) count of Holland, Zeeland and West-Friesland, duke of Holland. If you now start as him you can immediately create this title, but you then have to save and reload right after the game starts, but you have received 100 prestige almost for free :)

1187 scenario
- You might want to make Floris van Holland (ID 6840) duke of Holland at the start of the scenario and make his brother, bishop of Sticht his vassal.

- You might want to make Sambor Suwislawic (ID 21750) duke of Pomeralia at the start of the scenario. He now starts as just the count of Danzig

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambor_I.

- You might want to give Godfried van Brabant (ID 6850) the duchy of Brabant as his primary title. He now has the duchy of Lower Lorraine as his primary one. Either remove this duke title or make it his secondary.

1337 scenario
- You might want to make Reinald of Gelre (ID 56550), rename him to 'Reinoud van Gelre', duke of Gelre at the start of the scenario. Though he only became the duke in 1339.

This is possibly a general CK question, more than an improvement pack issue, but I am curious what the logic is in having nonhistoric characters begin the game married. For example the new change log has the 1066 Stefan Nemanjic, even though he is not an historical figure, merely a place holder to for a historic family, now married at the start of the game.

In DV there is no longer a bride shortage at the beginning of the game, and my personal feeling is that having a bachelor ruler at the start allows both more player choice and flavor as to how to begin a game.

Helping the AI. Especially in DV the AI is retarded when it comes to marriages -- it seems to accept any marriage request, and doesn't like to look in its own court.
Since these two characters were obviously intended to be married at game start (they have similar IDs as most non-dynastic couples do) I went with Pdox's most likely intent.
On the off-chance you don't want this, just remove the marriage from 1066_scenario_relations.inc -- it's the last "marrige" entry. I reindented the files and added a blank line just in front of each new section so it should be easy to find.

jordarkelf said:
Helping the AI. Especially in DV the AI is retarded when it comes to marriages -- it seems to accept any marriage request, and doesn't like to look in its own court.
Since these two characters were obviously intended to be married at game start (they have similar IDs as most non-dynastic couples do) I went with Pdox's most likely intent.
On the off-chance you don't want this, just remove the marriage from 1066_scenario_relations.inc -- it's the last "marrige" entry. I reindented the files and added a blank line just in front of each new section so it should be easy to find.
Thanks, I hadn't thought about the AI issue.

I always was under the impression that the AI does a pretty good job in finding brides, the only problem is that it looks at the base-stats of the candidates. The AI is also good in marrying people for inheritance.

So I see no reason why 2 'place-holder' characters should be married at the start of the game.

EDIT

Stefan Nemanjic isn't married at the start of the 1066 scenario, neither in DV or in DV-IP :D

Last edited:
Veldmaarschalk said:
I always was under the impression that the AI does a pretty good job in finding brides, the only problem is that it looks at the base-stats of the candidates. The AI is also good in marrying people for inheritance.

So I see no reason why 2 'place-holder' characters should be married at the start of the game.

EDIT

Stefan Nemanjic isn't married at the start of the 1066 scenario, neither in DV or in DV-IP :D

The marriage of Stefan Nemanjic is in the change log

jordarkelf said:
Stefan Nemanjic and his wife are now Serbs, not Bulgars. They're now also married at game start as was intended.

On the other issue, especially now that breeding has ended, I think the AI is pretty good at qualiy finding wives now.

I managed to "fix" the 1337 scenario... by manually applying only the culture fixes to it. I added back a few of the new IP characters, but scenario changes are too large to do this for all.
At least it's playable and more or less historically correct now :)

Full changelog in first post.

A note on Bretons in 1187 and 1337: in 1187 I turned all nobles Breton since they appear to have been so, and where I could find their Breton names I corrected them.
1337 has no Breton nobles: the rulers were 100% certain French, and I had no idea on which minor nobles to add/correct there.

There are also some problems with Byzantium in 1187. Although this won't matter, Emperor Manuel Comnenus is missing making his already usurped and murdered son Alexius a bastard. The other Manuel now living in the Byzantine court should be put in the province of Trebizond which should also belong to the Byzantines. This would allow his two sons David and Alexios to become the rulers of Trebizond as what happened historically.

Chaldia should be Byzantine along with Trebizond and the city of Nicaea. The Laskrids should own the duchy. In addition, Theodosiopolis along with its emir should be exchanged with the duke of Chaldia. This would make sense. I have already made these changes in my personal mod and I can share them if you want me too.

Praetor's changes were merged in where applicable.

Additional changelog:
Revised ownership of Anatolian provinces as suggested by Praetor
Hungary now also owns the king title of Croatia
Principality of Suzdal has changed its primary title to Moskow
Father of Elizabeth de Beaumont changed
Alexios Angelos has moved to Thessalonika
Mother of Mikhail Rurikovich corrected
Added the dead Byzantine Emperor Manuel I Komnenus, married him to his wife Marie of Antioch, and added their son Alexios II
Fixed the Agnes Capet situation: she's now the widow of both her historic husbands, the Byzantine emperors Alexios II and Andronikos I. She now also has her Byzantine name Anna.

I don't think it's possible, but can Muslim naming conventions be brought in (even in a limited way)?

For example (words in parentheses are optional patronymics):

Father: Uthman ibn al-Rashid

Son 1: Muhammad ibn Uthman (ibn al-Rashid)
Grandson 1: Dul Fiqar ibn Muhammad (ibn Uthman) (ibn al-Rashid)

Son 2: Husain ibn Uthman (ibn al-Rashid)
Grandson 2: Sulayman ibn Husain (ibn Uthman) (ibn al-Rashid)

As far as I can tell, there is no use of Arabic patronymics in CK or DV, and I can see the problem that one might have in losing track of a particular dynasty. However, as Muslim dynasties are NPCs then maybe it could be an option? I'm not sure if a forename-surname convention is hard-coded or not.

CaptainWill said:
I don't think it's possible, but can Muslim naming conventions be brought in (even in a limited way)?

For example (words in parentheses are optional patronymics):

Father: Uthman ibn al-Rashid

Son 1: Muhammad ibn Uthman (ibn al-Rashid)
Grandson 1: Dul Fiqar ibn Muhammad (ibn Uthman) (ibn al-Rashid)

Son 2: Husain ibn Uthman (ibn al-Rashid)
Grandson 2: Sulayman ibn Husain (ibn Uthman) (ibn al-Rashid)

As far as I can tell, there is no use of Arabic patronymics in CK or DV, and I can see the problem that one might have in losing track of a particular dynasty. However, as Muslim dynasties are NPCs then maybe it could be an option? I'm not sure if a forename-surname convention is hard-coded or not.

It is not possible at all to ad this to the game in a mod. The game uses on patronymics at all