• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Doomduckie said:
Is it possible for a map of what areas are in what kingdom to be provided? I'm trying to figure out how this meshes with my own personal kingdom mods and thus what I have to do to get them to play nice together.

If you hoover your mouse over the map it will tell you to what default kingdom it belongs, f.e. it will show Göttingen/Saxony/Germany

Where Göttingen is the county, Saxony the duchy and Germany the kingdom

This is getting ridiculous. As a Greek orthodox king of Italy. I have 11 vassals who are greek orthodox, and the minute i have 1 italian catholic or castillan as in my case. He instantly "Our vassal broke free" .. in a matter of seconds!

It's really irritating and no there are no loyalty issues no nothing. It just happens. Example - I get the Prince of Verona title, and instantly i have 3 italian catholic vassals. In a matter of mere months 4-5 maybe 2 of them broken free with that event. Needs tweaking

And the new education events are horrid and confusing, one time the kids get his education at 15, but then comes back to my court and reverts to martial/ecclesiastica/court education trait.

Even worse - half the world is stressed. And there are a lot of traits for the new kids that finish education.

Hi there,
I only yesterday installed the most recent DVIP package as well as the BOPACK events. So much fun!! Thanks a lot for the efforts, all you modders. :D

I'm not sure yet if I like the auto-education events but I do like the reduction of insane stats. However these events show up with out any text, just with UNKNOWN STRING WANTED which is a bit annoying... might I have missed a file?

One thing I also immediately though noticed was that there were two new Muslim countries in North Africa - Ziyids or something like that in Algiers, and another one in Morocco. They seem to have rebelled, but not as ordinary revolters, instead they spawned as full blown one province kingdoms and the provinces were converted to Berber culture / Muslim religion. What's up with that? :confused: Is this DVIP?

I don't really like this, North Africa has been Christian for 200 years and Italian culture is taking root there, which I like very much because it's all my land. I assume they will keep popping up until the end of the game though. How can I disable the specific events?

Jordakelf, I read you are working on a mapmod for DVIP. Are you interested in suggestions? I'd be grateful if you could fix bohemian provinces - the duchy of Moravia is terribly, terribly wrong. The fix wouldn't need any new provinces, just renaming and perhaps redrawing the existing ones. Let me know if you are interested in it, I can send you some more info and research - what provinces would be correct, their CoAs, etc...

I'd really love to help you with this wonderfull mod, but I am only good at bohemian history. I could perhaps search for some more names, or historical noble dynasties (for the names generator), if you want.

Markus_cz said:
Jordakelf, I read you are working on a mapmod for DVIP. Are you interested in suggestions? I'd be grateful if you could fix bohemian provinces - the duchy of Moravia is terribly, terribly wrong. The fix wouldn't need any new provinces, just renaming and perhaps redrawing the existing ones. Let me know if you are interested in it, I can send you some more info and research - what provinces would be correct, their CoAs, etc...

I'd really love to help you with this wonderfull mod, but I am only good at bohemian history. I could perhaps search for some more names, or historical noble dynasties (for the names generator), if you want.

I totally agree with you. I think in Olomonc, Brno and Zlin should be added. The first two were given to Otto and Conrad, brothers of Vratislav. I couldn't get much info on Opava and Ostrava.

Last edited:
Im running DVIP, DVIP Addon and BOPACK with the latest beta patch, and I'm also getting all of the unknown string messages appear with the education events.

Im not sure if I'm keen on the education events themselves, either. Why do my kids have the autonomy to change theyre education at will? If I want them to be priests they better damn well be priests!

*Edit*

Urgh the education events are horrible. My only heir has changed his education about ten times now, so he's stressed from a very early age, and hes completed three seperate educations in a single year. What are the lines of code I need to delete to get rid of these events?

*Edit*

Make that four times he's completed his education...

Last edited:
When will he be back?

A suggestion for the first scenario:
I think that Hildebrand of Rome (id: 2010), the future Pope Gregory VII, should be remaned "Hidebrando di Soana", and become italian.
He was not a German, in fact he was born in Soana, a small town in southern Tuscany and was a member of a local noble family, as mentioned in wikipedia .

Javaslinger said:
Is this mod still being developed? Does it contain BOPACK or is it simply compatible with it?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

Yes it's still being developed.

Great work on this. A couple more suggestions: why not add noted politicians and all-around famous dudes Petrarch and Boccacio to the 1337 scenario? The two were corresponding by then, so they should be friends.

Giovanni Boccacio, born 1313, was a banker and a canon lawyer, so I guess you could make him a crafty merchant or a scholarly theologian. In 1337 he was at the court of Robert of Naples. His bastard sons Mario and Giulio were born around this time period.

Francesco Petrarca, born 1304, was a cleric, and would be at the Papal court. He would eventually father two bastards, so make sure he's lustful.

Javaslinger said:
Is this mod still being developed?
Yes of course.

But as I mentioned a few weeks back, I'm really busy right now. I am just back from holiday, and am now just starting a new job. So it will be a little longer before I have time to do another update.
Does it contain BOPACK or is it simply compatible with it?

Thanks,

Javaslinger
It's simply compatible with it. Make sure you add the contents of Bopack's modtext.csv to the DVIP-Addon one's though, and not just replace it.

Will you please fix the event that make your child so "dumb" two of my friends stopped playing CK because of that event :(

Glad to hear you are still here :D Btw is it just me or does the finnish pagan "dukes" all pledge to the pagan King of Finland :/

Riddermark said:
Glad to hear you are still here :D Btw is it just me or does the finnish pagan "dukes" all pledge to the pagan King of Finland :/

Just you :)

Strange, do you use the DVIP addon mod too? former More Kingdoms?

Anyway about the dumber children event, I was forced to make my own which works perfectly fine for now and the results are more than satisfying :D and it's mean to replace just that Wiz event.

go to db/events/wiz.txt and on the bottom and replace the event "Countering CK's Crazy Ass Skills" with this one:

#########################
#Skill Balancer
#########################

character_event = {
id = 9530

picture = "event_education"

trigger = {
condition = { type = age value = 4 }
condition = { type = not value = { type = age value = 16 } }
}

mean_time_to_happen = { months = 6 }

immidiate = {
effect = { type = random_list
15 = { type = diplomacy value = -1 }
15 = { type = martial value = -1 }
15 = { type = intrigue value = -1 }
15 = { type = stewardship value = -1 }
}
}

I have it tested for a few generations :D would even post a save-file later if anyone is interested. :D

For anyone who doesn't like the automated courtier eductaions or the dumbing down event: the download thread now has the file DVIP-Addon-Variant.

This is the same file as the 'normal' DVIP Addon, with Jinnai's automated courtier eduction removed, and the event that dumbs kids down removed.
I've included the normal character education event files in it just in case you did not make a backup.

This is a temp fix until I have the time to go over these events in more detail and write better versions.

I agree with most of the voiced complaints here.

Try the following fix for now:

To modtext.csv:
Remove the existing EVT_9530_NAME and ACTIONNAME9530A and add the following:
Code:
EVT_9530_NAME;A child's martial abilities have declined significantly;;;;;;;;;;X 
EVT_9531_NAME;A child's diplomatic abilities have declined significantly;;;;;;;;;;X 
EVT_9532_NAME;A child's intrigue abilities have declined significantly;;;;;;;;;;X 
EVT_9533_NAME;A child's stewardship abilities have declined significantly;;;;;;;;;;X

Replace 9530 in Wiz.txt with the following:
Code:
###################################### 
# Countering CKDV's crazy ass skills # 
######################################

character_event = { #Martial
   id = 9530 

trigger = { 
      condition = { type = age value = 12 } 
	  condition = { type = or
		condition = { type = martial value = 10 }
		condition = { type = and
			condition = { type = martial value = 8 }
			condition = { type = diplomacy value = 8 }
		}
		condition = { type = and
			condition = { type = intrigue value = 8 }
		}
		condition = { type = and
			condition = { type = stewardship value = 8 }
		}
	  }
   } 

mean_time_to_happen = { 
      months = 18 
   } 

immidiate = { 
		 10 = { type = no_effect }
         25 = { type = martial value = -1 } 
         20 = { type = martial value = -2 } 
         18 = { type = martial value = -3 }  
         17 = { type = martial value = -4 } 
         10 = { type = martial value = -5 } 
      } 
   } 
}

character_event = { #Diplomacy
   id = 9531 

trigger = { 
	  condition = { type = or
		condition = { type = diplomacy value = 10 }
		condition = { type = and
		}
		condition = { type = and
		}
		condition = { type = and
		}
	  }
   } 

mean_time_to_happen = { 
      months = 18 
   } 

immidiate = { 
         25 = { type = diplomacy value = -1 } 
         20 = { type = diplomacy value = -2 } 
         18 = { type = diplomacy value = -3 }  
         17 = { type = diplomacy value = -4 } 
         10 = { type = diplomacy value = -5 } 
      } 
   } 
}

character_event = { #Intrigue
   id = 9532 

trigger = { 
	  condition = { type = or
		condition = { type = intrigue value = 10 }
		condition = { type = and
		}
		condition = { type = and
		}
		condition = { type = and
		}
	  }
   } 

mean_time_to_happen = { 
      months = 18 
   } 

immidiate = { 
         25 = { type = intrigue value = -1 } 
         20 = { type = intrigue value = -2 } 
         18 = { type = intrigue value = -3 }  
         17 = { type = intrigue value = -4 } 
         10 = { type = intrigue value = -5 } 
      } 
   } 
}

character_event = { #Stewardship
   id = 9533 

trigger = { 
	  condition = { type = or
		condition = { type = stewardship value = 10 }
		condition = { type = and
		}
		condition = { type = and
		}
		condition = { type = and
		}
	  }
   } 

mean_time_to_happen = { 
      months = 18 
   } 

immidiate = { 
         25 = { type = stewardship value = -1 } 
         20 = { type = stewardship value = -2 } 
         18 = { type = stewardship value = -3 }  
         17 = { type = stewardship value = -4 } 
         10 = { type = stewardship value = -5 } 
      } 
   } 
}

Just been trying some crusader stuff but again noticed unpleasant flaws with that latest DVIP.

- The exploding kingdoms must stop, seriously. I have the Pechenegs fall apart every time. I have a duke gettin independant, then counts of that duke get independant too. It's ridiculous. Whatever is causing these breakups must be toned down significantly. The seljuks can't hold their attention long enough because they have to fight disloyalties here and there. Actually I had Byzantium and them almost completely imploding + the Fatimids and notice the latter had NO realm duress. That's plain wrong.

Also the Seljuks under Arp Arslan should be unstoppable late until he dies and the empire dissolves between his sons and brothers. Gavelkind anyone?

- The crusades end RIGHT after taking jerusalem. Just 1 province, maybe the mtth can be increased some to allow for more fighting?

1) Play on a low AI aggressiveness setting. The higher this value, the more likely kingdoms will implode.

Gavelkind is not historically correct for the Seljuks. Alp Arslan did not split the realm between his sons, but Malik Shah inherited everything. Later Suleyman rebelled against him, and established the (mostly) independent Sultanate of Rûm in the former Byzantine lands.
There's no straightforward way to model this in the CK engine.

2) That's just bad luck I guess... I sometimes see them last for years after the target has been taken.