• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The addon has events that can release RUMS (Sultanate of Rum) in Seljuk territory after a given date, as well as release OTTO (the Ottoman Turks). They will spawn as a one-province kingdom when this happens (engine limitation).
A few other muslim realms also spawn this way. No christians are currently included, as realms without assigned provinces tend not to do well at all.

I'm considering a better approach for the three Turk realms though, along the lines of muslim Egypt. Seljuk Turks, Rum, and the Ottomans could all be represented by a single tag (renamed to 'Turks'), just like the Mameluks and Ayyubids are both called Egypt.

//Edit: you may want to take a look at this mod...

Last edited:
Dvip

Hey Jordarkelf,

I played the latest version of DVIP (without addon as I don't like the female inheritance)

I really love it however I have a few thoughts on improvements:

1. The friend events are really good however theirs a couple of events that it's possible to get involving friends reacting (or choosing relationship) to their liege but you can get them even if they dom't have the same liege!

2. It would be really good to have as detailed events between friends but between brothers instead as it was often really important to a king to have his brother/s onside.

3. Theirs a couple of text errors :GOttFRIed beeing one of them and a badly written vanilla event which is a child event and can be triggered for orthodox or catholic but mentions catholic specifically so it bugs me when I play orthodox realms. I always change it to christian rather than catholic.

EDIT: I just realised it's quite hard to get the friend thing to work properly however I was thinking that you could use realm_duress as a marker to increase the chances that both belong to the same liege:

trigger = {
condition = { type = ruler }
condition = { type = is_vassal }
condition = { type = num_friends value = 1 }
condition = { type = gender value = male }
condition = { type = trait value = loyalist }
condition = { type = liege
condition = { type = trait value = realm_duress } }
condition = { type = any_friend
condition = { type = ruler }
condition = { type = gender value = male }
condition = { type = is_vassal }
condition = { type = liege
condition = { type = trait value = realm_duress } }
condition = { type = trait value = rebellious }
condition = { type = save_target }
}
condition = { type = has_target }
}

Not sure if it would work though.

Last edited:
Jord, I'm having success in moding the current 1204 files with the updated Welsh and Engish characters based in the Welsh Marches. Many of which are simply brought forward from the 1187 Third Cursade scenario. I think I may be able to upload these files onto a flash drive and then upload them online for you to add to your master files, if it would make adding that massive list I posted easier. Currently inet is down for me at home, so thus uploading them onto a flash drive.

You could review them then as well before you add them.

I'm not sure this has been answered, so forgive my laziness, but what's the justification for Nigel de Conteville, son of Robert de Conteville? Robert may or may not have had a son in 1066, but he did eventually have a son whom he named William. I don't know if you update DVIP anymore, but if you do perhaps Nigel should be born in 1066 and be renamed to William? :)

I'm not sure if that is one of my additions or vanilla, but it's based on Stapleton's Rot. Scacc. Normannio. He lists Nigel as a (possibly older) brother of William and Agnes as a child of Robert.

DVIP will be updated when I get back from holiday, probably end of march.

I noticed there is a problem with Durham in the 1066 scenario, the bishop (id = 281601) is located in Carrick, therefore the shield is not well displayed. C049 should be replaced by C056. There is another Aethelwine of Durham in the court of Northumberland (id = 5624), maybe this one should be removed.

I think I uploaded it correctly, please try and download to tell me if it was successful. Dynasties are included as new dynasties were created for new characters.

Welsh dynasties corrected and fleshed out, and linked back to the starting characters for 1066. Relations added and corrected. My gods, that was a fishnet of relations! So many simular names I had to use the ordinals to keep them straight!

Aix de Thoaurs de Druex now Duchess of Brittany, while her twin Catherine de Thaours is fostered to the King of France. Breton succession corrected, with Eleanor the Fair Maiden given a claim to Brittany as the next in line to her disappeared brother Arthur.

Added Urraca of Leon and her father, as ancestors to the King of Leon, and gave them both Emperor trait as they claimed the Imperial Title in Spain. Its mostly flavor now anyway.

Killed off Queen Sibylla's daughters, they died with her of the epidemic sweeping the camp. But I did not make Isabella Queen of Jerusalem yet. That should be discussed. The successon of Jerusalem should go to her to her daughter Maria, then Maria's heir.

• -Yet to do: Change the color of the Duchy of Gwynedd to Grey! I hate yellow! lol.
  • -Suggestion: Change Angiven to Plantagent... your choice
  • -Suggestion: Change kingdom of Brittany color maybe to black or to yellow. It contrasts too much with England's orange. OH! You can change England to Red! That's its traditional color anywhose. Up to you.
  • -Suggestion: Create trade links between Leon in Brittany to Cornwall, and to Dyfed. Then trade links from Cornwall to Dyfed, then Dyfed to Laigen in Ireland.
  • -Forgot to add a count of Shrewsbury, but will suggest that later.
  • -Note: I detached Duchy of Gwynedd from Kingdom of England so that the Welsh player has more room to maneover. This is stylaistic, and I am not compleatly sure if it should be pledged to England or not. I admit to enjoying aiding in England's civil war. But, my mind says it should be independent too. So. I leave that final decision up to you at present, though I reserve the right to change my mind down the road. Also, demoted Powys to county level, but this is because Davies says that by 1216 there was but one ture prince in Wales, and that was the Prince of Gwynedd. Deheubarth had been more or less demoted with their struggles, and Powys never exerted the influence that their claim to princely status would suggest.
  • -Note: I ment to go back in and make William de Broase as Duke of Morgannwg, otherwise he tends to give his counties to his children which facilitates their breakup when it should not have been so.

Last edited:
I have a question, I just got DVIP and the addon pack, but I'm not really into playing with female inheritance, if I just remove the Female_inheritance.txt file from my installation, will that without causing any issues, disable female inheritance but let me enjoy the other stuff from the addon, like the breaking free mod etc?

Thanks!

why do my events no longer have pictures?

Also this mod makes events pop up almost every few weeks :O :D:D
It is great!

I do not know why you no longer have pictures. We will have to wait for Jord to get back from holiday before he can answer.

I have a question, I just got DVIP and the addon pack, but I'm not really into playing with female inheritance, if I just remove the Female_inheritance.txt file from my installation, will that without causing any issues, disable female inheritance but let me enjoy the other stuff from the addon, like the breaking free mod etc?

Thanks!

There are events (or an event any way) which prompts the AI to take female inheritance if it meets certain criteria. I myself have never seen the AI in DVIP choose female inheritance for any realm in my games- so either the criteria is too narrow or there is a flaw which prevents the AI from actually changing over to female succession. This is why I offer a slightly different matrix for female succession in Damsels Not In Distress, which does see the the AI change over.

Have you seen the AI flip over to female succession?

If you wish to remove the event file that switches to female succession you can in the events folder, and there should not be any other issues for game play that I am aware of. I do not think that removing female inheritance will be an option, as it is too cumbersom to keep and publish various versions of DVIP, already Jord has to keep track of DVIP and DVIP Wales map mode. So it would be best if you object to female inheritance to remove that particular file from the events folder.

Would it be possible to update DVIP to make Muslims, Pagans, Jews and all realm types available for players to play w/out any difficulties?

I wonder if this is possible... prehaps Jord or Veld can explain how? I wonder if they could start a game, initiate the Muslim, Pagan, and Jewish realms playable, then make it so that is available on DVIP or TASS? humm....

Thanks for the reply, I have not seen the AI switch to female inheritance but then again I've only played for 20 ingame years so far, I guess if I get problems with it I will as you recommended just remove the event file(and the references to it in the other game files)

Thanks for the helpful reply, once again.

Last edited:
About playing as Muslim, Pagan or Jew it is more than working. Just load the normal scenarios and save them as something. Then load the new scenarios and voila all should be choosable.

Btw I have a little issue with the 4th Crusade scenario. The prince of Galich (Galicia in Ukraine) and two of his relatives have invalid dynasty IDs which causes crashes when they have babies.

About playing as Muslim, Pagan or Jew it is more than working. Just load the normal scenarios and save them as something. Then load the new scenarios and voila all should be choosable.

Btw I have a little issue with the 4th Crusade scenario. The prince of Galich (Galicia in Ukraine) and two of his relatives have invalid dynasty IDs which causes crashes when they have babies.

This could be my issue with the 4th crusade crashing too! About 1217/18ish depending! I couldn't trace where it was. I had no idea that there was a Galicia in the Ukraine.

Do you know how to correct that Cool-Toxic? In your game files? I can fix that in my own files, and can try and upload them online like I did above. Gimme a few days to sort that out (unless Jord gets here beforehand.)

Thanks for the reply, I have not seen the AI switch to female inheritance but then again I've only played for 20 ingame years so far, I guess if I get problems with it I will as you recommended just remove the event file(and the references to it in the other game files)

Thanks for the helpful reply, once again.

No problem. Do you mind if I ask why you prefer not to play with female succession? It did happen historically in Western Europe and a few other locals and CK inaccuratly creates a dynamic where it is erased from history... or at least the CK history.

I'm just curious, no judgement or anything.

Why is there even a mod for that? Yeah, females sometimes succeeded (usually as a means for allowing a powerful noble to actually succeed), but the CK female office-holders phenomenon is much more inaccurate.

Why is there even a mod for that? Yeah, females sometimes succeeded (usually as a means for allowing a powerful noble to actually succeed), but the CK female office-holders phenomenon is much more inaccurate.

The female office holders, I agree and have no control over.

But female inheritance yes, especially in Iberia and Aquitainia, and Brittany in the 1066 scenario start. The principle of male preference cognatic primogeniture is well attested to in W. Europe, especially France (except for the Capet dynasty) and Iberia. Also, it appears the Basques of the K of Navarra practiced absolute and equal cognatic primogeniture for the high nobility and free families of that realm, according to a French historian.

Initially what I would have liked was for a scripted event that would introduce female succession when the female became a ruler within that culture. So, 1066 Christian Spain, Aquitainia, Brittany, and France (except the Capets) would all have this succession law, but the event would fire for England around 1126ish (Matilda, though truth be told there was a powerful Countess by right in Normandy in the early 1100s!), Wales in 1287 (Statute of Rhuddlan) Denmark, Norway, and Poland late 1300s.

But we were not yet able to get that particular script to work yet. So I am working on another varient to offer Jord when he returns.

Last edited: