• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's a question for you DVIP guys:

For the next version of my mod, I'm going to slap my changes on top of the DVIP changes. However, that will require me to add a large number of events to DVIP. So, I'm wondering: what would a good range of event numbers be for me to use (and not, of course, have my events clash with the DVIP ones)?

Use any free range as per the clearing house -- I suggest you use 24400 to 24499. Reply to the thread if you pick this :)

Cheers, Jordarkelf. I'll start with 24400-24499, though I have a feeling I'll exceed 100 events fairly soon. :D

Update is out.
Next update will hopefully again include DVIP Wales, if I can track down the files.
----
Changelog for DVIP release 16.08.2009:

Database:

Events:
*) New event added to force female rulers to abdicate (addon only)
*) "A vassal is pleased with your wise and fair rule under Feudal Contract Law" will no longer keep firing for the same vassal
*) Addon: Female inheritance added to selectable law list, thanks performer! As a result monastic supremacy has been removed

1066:
*) Removed claim from GWYN on DEHE, replaced with rivalry (thx Drachenfire)
*) Gruffydd ap Cynan Aberffraw has a friendship with Rhys Dinefwr (D)

1187:
*) Some Bulgar Asens turned into Vlachs (thx Veld)
*) Made the three Asen brothers of Bulgaria rivals (Veld)
*) Added future Nicean emperor Theodore I Laskaris with his family to ERE
*) Acominatus received his nickname
*) Removed double selection of Novgorod in scenario setup
*) Added David Huntingdon to the Dunkeld dynasty to avoid a game-over for SCOT

1204 (addon only):
*) Synced up some more characters with 1187 so their DNA, stats, and traits match
*) Added father of Theodore I Laskaris so his brother is now linked
*) Divided up the Slavic blob a little more in Croats, Serbs, Bulgars, Vlachs

Hi, thanks for the update.
When I start up a scenario I get a lot of error messages about unknown event types in the event files. I made a fresh install of CKDV + updates and your addons but everything stays the same. Did I do something wrong here or are some event files messed up? I am playing this mod for some years now but never experienced anything like this.......
Thought to let you know;)

Thanks for the update, jordarkelf, that was a nice surprise!

I originally came to ask this question: I was thinking about adding some event mod to my game, though I'm unsure which are good and whether they work with DVIP. I read the BOPACK thread and there was some mention by you that you were rewriting the events, so that they fit in DVIP better, so that they are less deterministic, etc. Was this work ever finished, and if yes, is it available somewhere?

The other way how to put this question is: do you recommend some event mods for use with DVIP, or is it better just to use DVIP as it is? Thank you.

Err... does the Female Inheritance still crash on XP? The readme file says it does, but the download thread says it doesn't.
jordakelf said:
Now that female inheritance no longer is a crasher, it's enabled by default in the addon.

Be it as it may, it does crash on my XP:
obr170605_error.png

@sask: in my opinion, yes. Full agnatic primogeniture (or rather as CK implements it, Agnatic-cognatic primogeniture) was the de facto most common law in western Europe outside of the salic areas.

@Queen Lor: is it possible your modtext.csv file was not overwritten on unzipping? Please try unzipping the addon again. Note that if you use additional mods, you might need to manually merge the modtext.csv files.

jordarkelf said:
Not really, it all depends on the regions which are not visible in the map.
I guess the region of Salerno is not in the acceptable list for Palermo, it would need to be added to the event.

That's a vanilla event by the way...
It's a really important one. Can we go through it? or would it need its own thread?

I uploaded a map of the regions and areas a while ago. It should still be in a thread on the CK scenario & modification forum...

Last edited: