+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 22 47 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1954

Thread: Deus Vult Improvement Pack - Discussion

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Here's a question for you DVIP guys:

For the next version of my mod, I'm going to slap my changes on top of the DVIP changes. However, that will require me to add a large number of events to DVIP. So, I'm wondering: what would a good range of event numbers be for me to use (and not, of course, have my events clash with the DVIP ones)?
    'Now may God help us and give us one of the trumpets which toppled the walls of Jericho,' Martin Luther, To the Christian Nobility of the German Nation (1520)

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Use any free range as per the clearing house -- I suggest you use 24400 to 24499. Reply to the thread if you pick this

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf View Post
    Use any free range as per the clearing house -- I suggest you use 24400 to 24499. Reply to the thread if you pick this
    Cheers, Jordarkelf. I'll start with 24400-24499, though I have a feeling I'll exceed 100 events fairly soon.
    'Now may God help us and give us one of the trumpets which toppled the walls of Jericho,' Martin Luther, To the Christian Nobility of the German Nation (1520)

80 games registered

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I finally can play CK again, so I'm slowly working on an update. Mainly will be bugfixes of stuff I've noticed before.

80 games registered

Update is out.
    Next update will hopefully again include DVIP Wales, if I can track down the files.
    ----
    Changelog for DVIP release 16.08.2009:

Database:

Events:
    *) New event added to force female rulers to abdicate (addon only)
    *) "A vassal is pleased with your wise and fair rule under Feudal Contract Law" will no longer keep firing for the same vassal
    *) Addon: Female inheritance added to selectable law list, thanks performer! As a result monastic supremacy has been removed

1066:
    *) Removed claim from GWYN on DEHE, replaced with rivalry (thx Drachenfire)
    *) Gruffydd ap Cynan Aberffraw has a friendship with Rhys Dinefwr (D)

1187:
    *) Some Bulgar Asens turned into Vlachs (thx Veld)
    *) Made the three Asen brothers of Bulgaria rivals (Veld)
    *) Added future Nicean emperor Theodore I Laskaris with his family to ERE
    *) Acominatus received his nickname
    *) Removed double selection of Novgorod in scenario setup
    *) Added David Huntingdon to the Dunkeld dynasty to avoid a game-over for SCOT

1204 (addon only):
    *) Synced up some more characters with 1187 so their DNA, stats, and traits match
    *) Added father of Theodore I Laskaris so his brother is now linked
    *) Divided up the Slavic blob a little more in Croats, Serbs, Bulgars, Vlachs

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Hi, thanks for the update.
    When I start up a scenario I get a lot of error messages about unknown event types in the event files. I made a fresh install of CKDV + updates and your addons but everything stays the same. Did I do something wrong here or are some event files messed up? I am playing this mod for some years now but never experienced anything like this.......
    Thought to let you know
    "Remota iustitia quid sunt regna nisi magna latrocinia?"

80 games registered

Typo in varia.txt... I'll fix and reupload.
    I forgot a { on line 587, should've been condition = { type = or

//Edit: DVIP addon reuploaded with the above fix. Should do the trick.
    Thanks for letting me know so quickly!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Thanks for the update, jordarkelf, that was a nice surprise!

I originally came to ask this question: I was thinking about adding some event mod to my game, though I'm unsure which are good and whether they work with DVIP. I read the BOPACK thread and there was some mention by you that you were rewriting the events, so that they fit in DVIP better, so that they are less deterministic, etc. Was this work ever finished, and if yes, is it available somewhere?

The other way how to put this question is: do you recommend some event mods for use with DVIP, or is it better just to use DVIP as it is? Thank you.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Err... does the Female Inheritance still crash on XP? The readme file says it does, but the download thread says it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordakelf
    Now that female inheritance no longer is a crasher, it's enabled by default in the addon.
    Be it as it may, it does crash on my XP:

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIMajesty 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Yes, still got the event errors......got XP too

80 games registered

Markus & Gerulf: that's not related to the original reason it crashed XP, this is just a dumb typo on my part -- but yeah, it's still a crasher... fixed now. Please redownload the addon.

Thanks a bunch!!!
    Working perfectly now......
    Off to do some crusading

Deus Vult

awesome. looking fwd to playing the update.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries

I ran across this error a couple times today after a fresh install of the latest update.
    Queen Lor
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

Deus Vult

I have applied the update and add-on, but it works fine for me. same event.

how clean was your install? you may have missed a step or a version. which happens.

Deus Vult

female succession is cool, but it seems rather popular among the AI. should this be the case?

80 games registered

@sask: in my opinion, yes. Full agnatic primogeniture (or rather as CK implements it, Agnatic-cognatic primogeniture) was the de facto most common law in western Europe outside of the salic areas.

@Queen Lor: is it possible your modtext.csv file was not overwritten on unzipping? Please try unzipping the addon again. Note that if you use additional mods, you might need to manually merge the modtext.csv files.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Llywelyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf
    Not really, it all depends on the regions which are not visible in the map.
    I guess the region of Salerno is not in the acceptable list for Palermo, it would need to be added to the event.

That's a vanilla event by the way...
    It's a really important one. Can we go through it? or would it need its own thread?
    I uploaded a map of the regions and areas a while ago. It should still be in a thread on the CK scenario & modification forum...
    Last edited by Leviathan07; 24-08-2009 at 20:25.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Check this thread here

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...31#post9522331

That's the map I made of the regions on the CK map (as of Deus Vult 2.1)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 22 47 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 97 ... LastLast